Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

I mentioned in the chat on Monday I raised my feet / pedals on my play seat challenge. Initially, I just put something under the pedals to raise, but wanted something more permanent (and less damaging to my old ammo box)

so I bought a piece of aluminium box section and a couple of brackets...

I tried a couple of different things to get the height right for me, I wanted stability over adjustability though

It still folds up, the brackets aren’t tight against the frame, though could be by adding some rubber or similar as a sim. The base of the aluminium has a rubber foam on it to protect the floor. It’s nice and stable, feels great.

CB81D2E8-DF18-48EA-9AE0-CBAADCD4976C.jpeg

2DCA047C-890F-4F61-B782-C5F48D7BF6AA.jpeg

On 14/07/2020 at 11:53, GwiDan said:

Good racing last night. Sorry I wasn’t on comms,  but I could hear! My favourite bit was Junker’s reaction when I beat him in the pit stop at Spa. 

:hmm:

How on earth has someone managed to send that nissan round le mans in three minutes flat?

Subsequently it means my kudos target time is 3.07 :angry:

10 hours ago, mexos said:

2 hours work tonight. To go half a tenth faster.

Enough!

Conversely, one advantage of being a bit slower than the rest of you is that I can still make big relative gains when I put in some work. I spent about 90 minutes banging round La Sarthe last night (Race C quali, no-chicane layout, 1992 Nissan) and got my time down to 3:18 dead, with loads of time still to find (just my own optimum from those 26 laps was 3:14.6, and that 3:18 had no fastest sectors).

My Kudosprime target was a 19.5 so I'm happy enough just to be ahead of that. (edited to add: my first attempt was somewhere in the thirties, hence "big relative gains")

2 hours ago, marsh said:

How on earth has someone managed to send that nissan round le mans in three minutes flat?

Subsequently it means my kudos target time is 3.07 :angry:

You can get away with quite a lot of track limit abuse at some points on the circuit. More than once last night I outbraked myself and missed the Dunlop chicane with no penalty, for example (although I was faster when I took it clean, so maybe the game does compensate for that?)

Late night Ring lobby with people perfectly replicating the 'Touristenfahrten' is quite the experience. Looked like everyone in the full lobby found some others to play with. Me and a german guy in 86's were having a three way battle with a russian Civic driver and we were regularly overtaken by a coupe of japanese dudes and a german racing their old 911 turbo's. Most people clean and waiting for the right moment to overtake and using their blinkers. Add a couple of M3's, Clio's and newer 911's and it was a pretty realistic representation of the real thing. 

17 minutes ago, McSpeed said:

That sounds really cool! Perhaps we could do that sometime with a full lobby, too :)

What do we all drive in real life, and how close can we get using the cars in the game?

I've got an i3 so I'm directly represented. Let me tell you, the Döttinger Höhe has never felt longer than when you drive it in a car electronically restricted to exactly 150km/h :lol:

14 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

What do we all drive in real life, and how close can we get using the cars in the game?

I've got an i3 so I'm directly represented. Let me tell you, the Döttinger Höhe has never felt longer than when you drive it in a car electronically restricted to exactly 150km/h :lol:

Fun suggestion! There's no Fiesta S in this game so I'll have to settle for a Focus ST :)

Yeah I was gutted when I realised there was no Fiesta ST. I thought I finally owned a car that was represented in one of these games.

It's in Forza :( The exact same colour and everything! Just too many doors and American indicators.

It sounds completely wrong of course but - that's true of all cars in all games.

The Mazda Demio (Mazda 2) is essentially a Fiesta I think, but they only have a 100hp one. Mine is 215, I guess I could tune it.

Cross post from the chat....

Daily Reward bug is fixed!

I've had no daily reward cars since I started playing at the end of May.

Turns out I get them retrospectively, and I've played almost every day, so... that's a long time watching car roulette.

I'm way too happy about this, except that the bug fix update took more or less my whole lunch hour and I'm in a meeting now...

3 hours ago, beenabadbunny said:

I drive this:

canyon-fitnessbike-01.jpg?sw=1280

And this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Might be an issue for top speed.  :sherlock:

14 hours ago, marsh said:

Didn't tyrell struggle to get those, thus shit caning the project in the process?

Getting them is fine but Goodyear couldn't afford to develop a unique tyre for just one not especially rich team, they'd kinda assumed every team would follow Tyrrell on that design.

So they could get them fine but they would have become more and more uncompetitive.

On 17/07/2020 at 10:10, Dudley said:

Getting them is fine but Goodyear couldn't afford to develop a unique tyre for just one not especially rich team, they'd kinda assumed every team would follow Tyrrell on that design.

So they could get them fine but they would have become more and more uncompetitive.

Reading that book on Lotus, you appreciate just how dog shit poor Tyrell were. Lotus had fag money, Tyrell had nothing and still did way better towards the end.