rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

And what I like about that lap is our lines are almost completely different.

• Upvote 2

On 07/07/2020 at 17:59, mexos said:

Just throwing it out there. Can we all start to 'save' for some of the classic LeMans cars?

So we can race them all in a few months time.

RE: Le Mans in classic racing cars

We (mostly my colleague Derk-Luiskoe who  often works with him) are trying to get Jan Lammers to join our rllmuk GT Sport Monday night racing, after we recently learned he plays this game with his son.

If we can Jan involved, obviously it will be a Le Mans race in Group C machinery to recreate his 1988 victory for Jaguar :)

• Upvote 8

Wow! Good luck with that one!! That would be amazing.

How much are group C cars?

I’ve been playing F1 2020 since it was released this week, might have to do some credit grinding over the weekend if I need a group C and a 20 mill classic!

11 hours ago, McSpeed said:

RE: Le Mans in classic racing cars

We (mostly my colleague Derk-Luiskoe who  often works with him) are trying to get Jan Lammers to join our rllmuk GT Sport Monday night racing, after we recently learned he plays this game with his son.

If we can Jan involved, obviously it will be a Le Mans race in Group C machinery to recreate his 1988 victory for Jaguar :)

That would be awesome. It’s kind of amazing that we’ve already got Jon Noble as a regular already, and you Joe - Jan Lammers would be crazy. Who is going to have the honour of punting him off at t1 first?

Also if you search or look at my in game feed I found a Jan Lammers helmet livery last week

• Upvote 3

Noble vs Lammers? who wouldn't want to watch that? let alone participate in it.

Amazing times.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Freeman said:

How much are group C cars?

I’ve been playing F1 2020 since it was released this week, might have to do some credit grinding over the weekend if I need a group C and a 20 mill classic!

Most of them are a million. There’s a list here: https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Group_C (but note that’s for the whole GT series, some of them didn’t make it into GT Sport)

You also get the Mercedes Sauber C9 for getting all silvers in the Lewis Time Trials DLC. 

I don’t think we’re necessarily talking this coming Monday, are we @McSpeed? The old 20m Ford, Ferrari and Jaguar thing was an aspiration for a month or so from now (when enough people have one) and the Group C would be for if/when the required celeb can be lured.

(I seem to have my best races in the cheapo MX-5 anyway! :))

• Upvote 2

Could do a Ford v Ferrari race - anyone that can’t afford the Ferrari can use the standard GT40 that doesn’t cost 20M?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Junker said:

That would be awesome. It’s kind of amazing that we’ve already got Jon Noble as a regular already, and you Joe - Jan Lammers would be crazy. Who is going to have the honour of punting him off at t1 first?

Also if you search or look at my in game feed I found a Jan Lammers helmet livery last week

Could you share a link or image of that helmet livery? Could well help to convince Jan to join us :)

2 hours ago, fretnoise said:

Most of them are a million. There’s a list here: https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Category:Group_C (but note that’s for the whole GT series, some of them didn’t make it into GT Sport)

You also get the Mercedes Sauber C9 for getting all silvers in the Lewis Time Trials DLC. 

I don’t think we’re necessarily talking this coming Monday, are we @McSpeed? The old 20m Ford, Ferrari and Jaguar thing was an aspiration for a month or so from now (when enough people have one) and the Group C would be for if/when the required celeb can be lured.

(I seem to have my best races in the cheapo MX-5 anyway! :))

I'd be up for another Group C race this Monday night, as one of the several races we'll be doing.

Maybe a different track than Le Mans though. Spa or Lago Maggiore could be great for it too :)

6 hours ago, fretnoise said:

Bought this today. I feel it might be a while before I get silver on them all!

:omg:

I finally made it into the top 1000 in a weekly TT.......in a Honda Fit :facepalm:

I'd like to thank Toyota for readying me for this task in reaching 694th by allowing me to complete 100,000 miles in a prius<_<

• Upvote 4

My best ranking since Kudos Prime started recording it properly too - 1512th. This place certainly spurs you on to find the extra couple of tenths :)

• Upvote 1

Online racing again tonight, I'll be back to host Lobby A at 8PM UK time as per usual :)

Tonight will feature open racing again (with the next long endurance race set for next week), including a Group C race around Spa-Francorchamps. Please bring any of the following cars:

GT_GRC.thumb.png.7849643ab15809a806b0a09b3b10a0b8.png

• Upvote 6

Last weeks daily race time trials. some really quick times last week. 

Race A

A5C0FA6F-36AD-4041-BD26-D94C7CE2E3A0.thumb.jpeg.57253d9441e2a6a462d13ed065db762d.jpeg

• Upvote 4

Race B - I’ll have a whinge about the penalty system on this a bit later...

4BA27EB7-6ED2-4216-B537-6D69E23068E1.thumb.jpeg.548e4b644adcc1436b24fbee51919fda.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Race C. Massive turnout again. I don’t think Pim who was top posts on here, but he’s a regular in the Monday Night Race Club. How he gets that awful Audi round that quick I will never know36DE606F-9FD5-42AF-B2F0-5055AF24BC0C.thumb.jpeg.f8ea3ee9804d0c2da34e58815fafccbd.jpeg 

• Upvote 3

Those of us who carry on lapping into Monday morning prefer Pim's screenshots in the PSN group chat ;)

(Kidding - thanks for sorting these out @Junker :) - these leaderboards are a massive part of my K' score improving week on week as we all try to eke out those extra tenths)

Not even a fag paper between @Jonster and TheBaukster in Race A! 2 thousandths!

Edit - I'm sad and worked it out - that's about 7cm at the admittedly paltry speed you're going as you cross the line in the Fit.

• Upvote 4

Looks like Race B this week copied our Monday night. Gr3 at Interlagos. Should be good for some time trial competition :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, fretnoise said:

Those of us who carry on lapping into Monday morning prefer Pim's screenshots in the PSN group chat ;)

(Kidding - thanks for sorting these out @Junker :) - these leaderboards are a massive part of my K' score improving week on week as we all try to eke out those extra tenths)

Edit - I'm sad and worked it out - that's about 7cm at the admittedly paltry speed you're going as you cross the line in the Fit.

I was going to use them but @Jonster was missing off Pim’s friends list and I didn’t want him to feel left out!!

4 minutes ago, Junker said:

I was going to use them but @Jonster was missing off Pim’s friends list and I didn’t want him to feel left out!!

Yeah, forget about him, I was 2 tenths quicker in Pim's screenshot! :D

1 minute ago, fretnoise said:

Yeah, forget about him, I was 2 tenths quicker in Pim's screenshot! :D

Didn’t notice sorry, assumed it was only me daft enough to be up at midnight playing GT Sport on a school night!

• Upvote 1

I hardly had any time for driving this past week. Did manage to beat my Kudosprime target scores on all three weekly races, but I probably only played on two of the seven days. Just been too busy.

Looking forward to tonight!

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

I hardly had any time for driving this past week. Did manage to beat my Kudosprime target scores on all three weekly races, but I probably only played on two of the seven days. Just been too busy.

Looking forward to tonight!

Same.  I played F1 instead last week, the dailys didn't appeal to me much, and then at the weekend took on the LH DLC challenges instead.

At least 2 of the 3 appeal this week mind, just need to find the time :wacko:

image.png.93ce7bcd24d5bf68091e874e204a7dd6.png

5 hours ago, fretnoise said:

That's really close! I have it on (a quick Google's) authority that the thickness of a Rizla paper is 35 micrometers, so that'd be 2,000 fag papers between us. Or 1,000 if you fold them in half.

3 hours ago, Junker said:

I hadn't even twigged this was a thing haha! Took me far too long than I'd like to admit to realise it was on the qualifying time trials for the daily races (which update weekly for some reason)! Many thanks though :D

• Upvote 2

Yeah I don't know why they're called daily races.

Thanks for the races last night everyone.  Those Group C monsters delivered in spades.  As promised in the chat last night, here are the combined results from the 2 lobbies.  Pretty close all the way down, with a special (ahem) mention for the battles between GwiDan and Junker (0.6s for the lead after 15 laps!  Crazy!) and Count_Buffalos and myself which, after a pair of dodgy final pitstops (wrong tyres for him, too much fuel for me) saw us finish just 0.357s apart.  Excellent stuff :)

#	Lobby	Driver		Car			Laps	Time		Gap		Gap to leader
1	A	scarliley	962 C '88		15	32:07.206		
2	B	GwiDan		962 C '88		15	32:13.441	+ 06.235	+ 0:06.235
3	B	JUNKERDENB	XJR-9 '88		15	32:14.066	+ 00.625	+ 0:06.860
4	A	Derk-Luiskoe47	R92CP '92		15	32:21.245	+ 07.179	+ 0:14.039
5	A	Pimpalicious_MZ	Sauber Mercedes C9 '89	15	32:23.558	+ 02.313	+ 0:16.352
6	A	Batmobile	Sauber Mercedes C9 '89	15	32:31.478	+ 07.920	+ 0:24.272
7	A	TheRallyBart	787B '91		15	32:32.712	+ 01.234	+ 0:25.506
8	B	Corranga	R92CP '92		15	32:36.080	+ 03.368	+ 0:28.874
9	B	mexos3		XJR-9 '88		15	32:37.161	+ 01.081	+ 0:29.955
10	A	Joe_McSpeed	787B '91		15	32:42.891	+ 05.730	+ 0:35.685
11	B	vladthegimp10	R92CP '92		15	32:49.035	+ 06.144	+ 0:41.829
12	B	Count_Buffalos	R92CP '92		15	32:52.224	+ 03.189	+ 0:45.018
13	B	Fretnoise	962 C '88		15	32:52.581	+ 00.357	+ 0:45.375
14	A	TheBaukster	XJR-9 '88		15	33:21.978	+ 29.397	+ 1:14.772
15	B	fighterdj	R92CP '92		15	33:28.055	+ 06.077	+ 1:20.849
16	B	JonsterUK	Sauber Mercedes C9 '89	15	33:42.822	+ 14.767	+ 1:35.616
17	B	beenabadbunny	787B '91		14	33:32.363		

Can someone share the Monza replay in game, please?

• Upvote 3

I can share the replay this evening unless someone is able to do it first. It was a cracker :)

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, morcs said:

Yeah I don't know why they're called daily races.

They started off almost kinda daily, then changed to daily, then changed to weekly in August 2018, and have been that way ever since.  I don't understand why they haven't changed the name in the game though :)

Changing them daily meant their version of Joe was running out of ideas too soon, I guess. :) It also means that people didn't get to learn the track / car combo, which I think is one of the best things about the "3 races per week" system - I certainly enjoy them more having the time to get some decent qualy laps in.

Apparently, the sports mode races used to allow tuning too - glad they got rid of that...

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt-sports-daily-races-are-now-anything-but-daily-again/

• Upvote 1