rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

1 hour ago, marsh said:

Genuine host error, will try to keep it 'real' in future as I think this is the better option.

I'm not cross by the way, don't worry.

Another thing I'd like is a longer timeout after the leader finishes, so us backmarkers can actually finish our last lap.

Less of an issue in the endurance race where I'll have been lapped anyway, but it's frustrating on a sprint race when you're on the same lap but you're 40 seconds behind and you've only got 30 seconds left, or whatever the default is.

• Upvote 1

Just throwing it out there. Can we all start to 'save' for some of the classic LeMans cars?

So we can race them all in a few months time.

20 large. 

We could do Ford vs Ferrari. 3 months of not trying that hard and I recon we could all have them. 

• Upvote 1

I enjoyed the sprint, I was looking strong until I was sitting behind pim on our way to turn one and pim was drafting someone in front he missed the breaking point as did I and was wondering why I was heading in at speed and binned it. That track and car was excellent.

Once I was used to the slipstream I enjoyed it some good fun up the home straight.

• Upvote 1

I’ve got about 3.5 mill I think, could take a while..

Is there some way to try the cars?

Don’t want to throw 20mill at the Ferrari if it’s completely undrivable and the Ford isn’t, especially since unlike all you bloody show offs I pretty much game to buy all of my cars, with no daily chance of a good one...

I’ll post the settings car choice for a race in arcade mode that takes like 11 minutes and nets you 400k on average later. Should make the cash grind easier for those of us who’ve done all the circuit experiences already. 

• Upvote 3

56 minutes ago, Varnsen said:

I’ll post the settings car choice for a race in arcade mode that takes like 11 minutes and nets you 400k on average later. Should make the cash grind easier for those of us who’ve done all the circuit experiences already. 

Please do, I may find some motivation to do this grinding over the weekend.

Quick question: why does my sportsmanship rating go down when I get rammed from behind while breaking for a sharp corner? Is that just how it is?

Yeah you know how something like the Albon/Hamilton incident this weekend splits opinion? Imagine trying to code something to decide that. You just have to laugh at how wrong it gets it sometimes :)

Thanks, I thought that might be the case. I was pretty sure I wasn’t in the wrong, but I was being told I was.

What’s the Albon/Hamilton incident?

1 minute ago, Jonster said:

What’s the Albon/Hamilton incident?

A hugely debatable penalty incident handed out from the F1 race at the weekend. See @Dudleypost in the f1 thread to get the correct interpretation of it.

If you are getting hammered in the sr ranks, sit at the back and just avoid everyone for a couple of races. I can't recall what the sr ranks are as I tend to avoid the daily races and just compete in the qualifying TT's and race on monday nights.

The best racing to be had online, is on monday nights with rllmuk. And I'd argue that point with anyone until I could speak no more.

• Upvote 1

In fact, if anyone from the here or in the rllmuk ps chat hosts a game at anytime just join in. The odd event might get setup later in the week.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, marsh said:

The best racing to be had online, is on monday nights with rllmuk. And I'd argue that point with anyone until I could speak no more.

I didn’t know you thought so highly of me. I’ll take your silence as you can “speak no more”

• Upvote 2

Tried each of the daily race qualifyings. @Junker's Honda Fit lap is gonna take some beating

1 hour ago, morcs said:

Tried each of the daily race qualifyings. @Junker's Honda Fit lap is gonna take some beating

Nah, I'm a second off in the unfancied Suzuki. I'll fire up the hybrid later.

Had a brief go at Race B (no-chicane Fuji in the VW Scirocco GT4).

Still at the wrong end of the friends list with a 1:47 (the quick guys are currently on 1:42). But my Kudosprime target is a 1:50 so I'm calling it a moral victory. :D

Loads of time still to find. On my quickest lap I braked as though the chicane was still there, which I reckon cost me at least half a second. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

On my quickest lap I braked as though the chicane was still there, which I reckon cost me at least half a second. 

I did that the first 7 or so times.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Varnsen said:

So it’s in the campaign, Group 1 Cup.

monza, no chicane. 1st place gets you 220k but a ‘clean’ race doubles that to 440k.

i use the SRT Tomahawk VGT. This race allows tuning so go into car settings and upgrade power and weight to the max. Also choose soft tyres.

you should be in first place by the end of lap two and in total the race lasts about 11 minutes.

• Upvote 8

If you don't have a suitable Gr1, there are a couple of other options (but they both need a fairly expensive car to start with...)

The Le Mans race in the Red Bull X2014 gets you 330k for 3 clean laps (9 minutes or so driving).  The definition of clean is interesting here, as you can be literally spun around on the Mulsanne Straight by one of the AIs and still get the bonus, but one minor excursion off track is enough to lose it.

Still at Le Mans, the Nostalgic 1979 event is good value too, if you've got something that'll win it.  I have the Ferrari 330 P4 cos I'm a lucky git...  This gets you 240k for 2 clean laps (about 7 minutes).

So if you're looking at pure credits/minute, then the Gr1 Monza race is best (roughly 40k/minute) and then it's the X2014s (~37k/minute) and then the Nostalgic 1979 (~34k/minute).

(I preferred the Nostalgic 1979 since the P4 is a hoot to drive, and if you screw up and lose the clean bonus on the last lap you've only spent 7 minutes on it, not 9 or 11 :))

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

(I preferred the Nostalgic 1979 since the P4 is a hoot to drive, and if you screw up and lose the clean bonus on the last lap you've only spent 7 minutes on it, not 9 or 11 :))

I did this last night. I was leading the Monza race @Varnsen posted about. Lost my concentration on the final lap, forgot to brake in time for the Ascari chicane and totally overshot. Ended up finishing about tenth and making 15K :facepalm:

Haven't seen any shots of Monday night's MX-5 race yet, so here's some in an attempt to lure some lurkers into the fun :)

A full grid.

spacer.png

Strong slipstream leads to interesting turn 1 shenanigans.

spacer.png

@mexos on his way to victory.

spacer.png

Took it by a nose.

spacer.png

(I know that's not for the win, but for some reason the guy wasn't waving the chequered flag for mexos :huh:)

...Join us!

• Upvote 8

Whoever picked that '91 Le Mans 787B green and orange livery for their MX5 is the kind of hero we all need and deserve.

• Upvote 1

They made a BBR turbo one with a similar livery

On 06/07/2020 at 21:14, Jonster said:

Is there a room setup? How do I join? It’s telling me there’s 4 friends in a lobby on the menu but I can’t find it. Been hunting for a while now...

Edit: Never mind I see the party is full. Maybe next week.

On 07/07/2020 at 00:41, Jonster said:

I said in here, and was on the game but wasn't sure what the exact process was. No worries though. It's probably better you all got to play in the one lobby than split out for one newbie.

We'll make sure to get you in next Monday :) You're in the PS Messages chat group now so that should help as we generally have some chat before the racing.

On 07/07/2020 at 15:05, Junker said:

Honestly, if this game was MX5 touring car only I’d be happy @McSpeed what setting do we run them on? Is it BoP on or off and no tuning? I’d like to maybe organise some sort of championship or league, maybe seperate to Monday Night Race Club ( MNRC) depending on interest. I’m thinking one make, easy to drive and close racing on short tracks. Just a thought

We usually run them as they are, lobby settings filtered for it's default BHP and weight. (So NO BoP.) No tuning either to keep the playing field absolutely level.

By all means go for hosting a league! Could even do that on Monday nights like the system we used in the past - doing one league race to start and various open races (or a longer endurance one) after that :)

On 07/07/2020 at 17:59, mexos said:

Just throwing it out there. Can we all start to 'save' for some of the classic LeMans cars?

So we can race them all in a few months time.

I'd love to get one, though I'd have a hard time picking the best one! I mean, there's three different age/speed classes (all Gr. X) effectively:

Ferrari 330 P4 1967
Jaguar XJ13 1966

Ford MARK IV RACE CAR 1967

Ferrari 250 GTO CN.3729GT 1962
Shelby COBRA DAYTONA COUPE 1964

Jaguar D-TYPE 1954

Aston Martin DB3S CN.1 1953

• Upvote 2