rllmuk
McSpeed

Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

45 minutes ago, Junker said:

Race B was Gr4 round Red Bull Ring, but RCZ has a massive speed advantage so was a bit of a one make cup

64885891-1D35-4438-B674-B22680EA6237.jpeg

42 minutes ago, Junker said:

Race C was the pick of the bunch. I just couldn’t get in a groove to go any faster on this combo, some quick times on this leaderboard , amazing turn out

F30A80C4-7CCB-4C80-8CB1-4273B8AEE1C2.jpeg

Ooh fastest in a non-standard car choice in both B & C, I'll take that ^_^

(Though I'm sure someone else would have claimed that but moved to the RCZ/GT-R and went even faster)

I didn't get much more driving time in this past week but I feel like I learned a lot about no-TC driving from that 90s 911. Will be going back to that car/circuit combo for sure, even now that the weekly races have rolled over.

What's tonight?

What's a good Gr3 car around Interlagos that isn't the R8? I feel like I shouldn't just drive the RSR all the time.

10 hours ago, Junker said:

Yep. 1:04.595 - Your move...

The finest of margins! I nearly cracked the top 1000 by region, guess I need to start pulling those late night qually shifts on a sunday night again.....?

10 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

What's a good Gr3 car around Interlagos that isn't the R8? I feel like I shouldn't just drive the RSR all the time.

The GT-R is good everywhere because of its straight line speed, good for overtakes on the main straight at Interlagos. To me it's harder to drive than the R8 though.

It's hard to beat the RSR :)

• Upvote 2

Started playing this again on work breaks, apparently I last played in December 2017! Finished all the driving lessons I have unlocked, and starting on other bits now.

What does the daily marathon do? I looked online and it seemed to think you get a random car when you meet the target, but the last two times I’ve reached it nothing seems to have happened.

Sometimes you have to quit out of what you’re doing for it to trigger

23 minutes ago, Jonster said:

Started playing this again on work breaks, apparently I last played in December 2017! Finished all the driving lessons I have unlocked, and starting on other bits now.

What does the daily marathon do? I looked online and it seemed to think you get a random car when you meet the target, but the last two times I’ve reached it nothing seems to have happened.

Oh and <obligatory> join us! </obligatory> :)

(Monday night, 8pm UK time, an hour or two of friendly races.  90 minute endurance at Interlagos tonight.)

18 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

(If that's affecting you then you're probably not missing much - it usually taunts me with 3 interesting looking racers and a Fiat 500 or something, and I always get the Fiat...)

Or just the same car you've already got 4 copies of.

You can't sell them for money either.

• Upvote 2

P.S. I really like the Gr3 Corvette to drive but it never seems to be up there with the quickest.

Gr3 RC F too, though that can be fairly competitive at a lot of circuits.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the replies everyone - guess I’ll stop going out of my way for it when I’m on now. I’ve tried coming out and going into menus but no joy. Oh well!

49 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

Oh and <obligatory> join us! </obligatory> :)

(Monday night, 8pm UK time, an hour or two of friendly races.  90 minute endurance at Interlagos tonight.)

I’m not sure you’d want someone with no racing etiquette who will be off the track on every corner......

(what car class?)

All welcome. What’s your PSN Id? I can add you as a friend, and you can add anyone on the time trial leaderboards I post as they are all either on this forum or join us on Monday Night Race Club (tm). Good to have a bit of friendly off

line competition 

4 minutes ago, Jonster said:

Thanks for the replies everyone - guess I’ll stop going out of my way for it when I’m on now. I’ve tried coming out and going into menus but no joy. Oh well!

I’m not sure you’d want someone with no racing etiquette who will be off the track on every corner......

(what car class?)

Gr3. You can get a free one by signing a Manufacturer's Contract in the Sport mode menu. Porsche 911 RSR is a good all-rounder, unless you particularly have a strong preference against Porsche/for something else.

Off the top of my head Gr3 Interlagos is a Mazda Atenza track these days - I’m sure when it was a daily race a few weeks ago it dominated the leaderboards, but no idea about tire wear or fuel economy.

Lexus, Aston Martin and Merc will all work as usual I reckon. Corvette might be interesting @morcs

Ah yes you're right, Atenza was the one. I gave up on the vette and joined the Atenza brigade in the end.

31 minutes ago, Jonster said:

(what car class?)

Do feel welcome to join in! We have people from all skills levels racing, mostly on every Monday night from 8PM UK time :)

I usually host the main lobby, feel free to add me on PSN = Joe_McSpeed

Won't be around tonight myself tonight, but @Varnsen and @marsh will be covering hosting duties to make sure anyone can enjoy the Gr. 3 endurance race at Interlagos that's planned.

Ok, plug for Monday Night Race Club ( MNRC as all the cool kids are calling it)

All abilities welcome, declare your interest on here and there are loads of nice people who will help you with any questions you might have.

A good mix of skill levels, mostly Brits off here but a few Dutch guys like @McSpeed and his crew.

I've started messing about with a YouTube channel capturing some of the racing,

an example below - my in car footage of the last lap of the MX5 race last Monday round Brands Hatch

• Upvote 4

I'll be about tonight so will open a lobby, are we just enduro racing GR3's at interlagos for 90 mins or do you want to do a 60 minutes plus another class/track?

56 minutes ago, Junker said:

What’s your PSN Id?

JonsterUK

1 hour ago, beenabadbunny said:

Gr3. You can get a free one by signing a Manufacturer's Contract in the Sport mode menu. Porsche 911 RSR is a good all-rounder, unless you particularly have a strong preference against Porsche/for something else.

Thanks, I’ve gone for that as an all-rounder sounds good. The PSN ID signing on the contract was a really nice touch!

Go on then, I’ll be around tonight :)

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, marsh said:

I'll be about tonight so will open a lobby, are we just enduro racing GR3's at interlagos for 90 mins or do you want to do a 60 minutes plus another class/track?

I'd be happy to join if you can do a shorter race first. Don't hesitate to ask me to leave if i have to make room for people who want to do the endurance race/ there's isn't enough people for a second lobby though ! 

42 minutes ago, Junker said:

my in car footage of the last lap of the MX5 race last Monday round Brands Hatch

That was an amazing race.  Felt like I was battling like that for the whole 12 laps.  Bad luck for @Batmobile on the last corner - out of fuel?

Yeah an hour feels like it could be a good shout?

52 minutes ago, fretnoise said:

That was an amazing race.  Felt like I was battling like that for the whole 12 laps.  Bad luck for @Batmobile on the last corner - out of fuel?

Yes, ran out of fuel on the last corner :doh:

• Empathy 2

23 minutes ago, mexos said:

Yeah an hour feels like it could be a good shout?

yeah lets do 60 minutes... 

warm up race then enduro then see if any is still breathing...

anyone who doesn't have me on PSN: scarliley

add me cos otherwise you can't join the lobby. 

• Upvote 2

Is there a room setup? How do I join? It’s telling me there’s 4 friends in a lobby on the menu but I can’t find it. Been hunting for a while now...

Edit: Never mind I see the party is full. Maybe next week.

Shame @Jonster :(  we’d have opened another lobby and split between them if we’d known you were trying to get in. Couple of regulars down this week meant we all just about squeezed into one room.

Most of the game chat (rooms, party invites etc) is in a PSN message group - I’m sure @McSpeed will add you when he gets a minute :)