Gran Turismo Sport | Monday Night Racing Club: every week @ 8PM UK

1 hour ago, McSpeed said:

I always run traction control on Gr. 3's, because real-life GT3's do so too. That's why I've stressed many times how I think it's completely silly to try to drive these cars with no TC :)

I'm still not 100% sure they're not doing some TC even when you have it turned off, in certain cars at least. Though it's hard to tell without a clutch pedal, maybe the "auto-clutch" thing holds back on the throttle for you. It's horrible though because if you spin and come to a stop, you floor it and nothing happens, then you suddenly light up the rear tyres and spin again. Very frustrating. I do prefer it with TC off, it helps you learn where the grip is rather than flooring it out of every corner and letting it cut for you.

Actually there's another silly thing that annoys me about this game, in the lower class cars if you're not using a clutch pedal it doesn't cut the throttle for you, so you get a weird/stupid sounding flat-shift noise unless you try and time lifting the throttle when the game's doing auto-clutch, but that's just silly :)

1 hour ago, marsh said:

It's a great time to be into GT Sport, just when you think there are no stones left to unturn, Joe punts a Levin/Trueno race into the mix and we have a new ball to play with! and we haven't done MX5's for weeks either. Good times.

I reckon there are still plenty of stones to unturn :) For example:

- Beemerfest (BMW M3's & M4's)

- Classic American muscle (anything old with a V8 and solid rear axle)

- Japanese Youngtimers (RX-7's, Honda Integra, Nissan Silvia)

- KTM X-Bows

- N100 affordable track specials

- N800 expensive track specials 

- Porsche Taycans

- Supercars

- Vision GT cup racing

1 hour ago, marsh said:

Has to be said, there were some stunning liveries on display last night.

Wish I'd gone for my Porsche in the Le Mans race - had this all lined up to go!

manthey.PNG.dbd56ee89bbf2a103fdbc728d6abace5.PNG

Then again, given how my race went no-one would have seen much of it :lol:

Ah that was you! Yeah, that was shaping up to be a good race between us in the stint after the pitstops :). You were driving nicely and I was having real fun edging closer here and there, but the car got super unstable after a few laps and I could barely keep the thing pointing the right direction.

I'm not liking Autopolis as much as I thought I would. There's a million corners which should mean there's loads of places I can get faster but I seem to drive exactly the same lap every time, except turn 1 where loads of time can be made.

Also it's really quite hard to overtake here.

Maybe I should try the Barca-Clio combo

Here's a snap of the late-race duel between myself and @davadvice at Le Mans. Good stuff :)

7062278640923344920_0.thumb.jpg.d7cde009c7212302f51830f2d06f348c.jpg

Yeah, Autopolis seems like it might not be much fun to race around. As a time trial lap it's quite entertaining but it does seem like a bit of an endless blur of corners.

32 minutes ago, morcs said:

I'm not liking Autopolis as much as I thought I would. There's a million corners which should mean there's loads of places I can get faster but I seem to drive exactly the same lap every time, except turn 1 where loads of time can be made.

:eyebrows:

39 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

Here's a snap of the late-race duel between myself and @davadvice at Le Mans. Good stuff :)

7062278640923344920_0.thumb.jpg.d7cde009c7212302f51830f2d06f348c.jpg

Yeah, Autopolis seems like it might not be much fun to race around. As a time trial lap it's quite entertaining but it does seem like a bit of an endless blur of corners.

Nice, I made some silly mistakes and got a 2 penalties and I was sure you were going to pass but you must have kinda followed me with the wee trip ups as the gap got a little larger. 

EDIT:until I balls'd it at the end 

My take on that Toyota race, what I hadn't realised was how close @McSpeed battle with Noble in the early laps was. I'd stacked it into that barrier Joe did during practice so already had the heads up....

Talk about stealing defeat from the jaws of victory. 

Started 10th. Few laps to got and got a nice 4.5 second lead which is increasing. Pick up some silly penalties that compound up to 2.5 seconds. Let off the gas round the back of the circuit to try and get rid of them. The counter doesn't move but you lose 3.5 seconds. Realise you might be marginal on fuel, slow down a bit to make sure the race ends on the same lap. Loose the rear end while trying to do basic maths + drive the car and crash. End up 3rd. :wacko:

1 hour ago, mexos said:

LOVE IT

I’m completely stuck on Autopolis :hmm: My best lap I finished on the grass as well, so I thought I’d easily beat it :facepalm:

13 minutes ago, morcs said:

I’m completely stuck on Autopolis :hmm: My best lap I finished on the grass as well, so I thought I’d easily beat it :facepalm:

With Fuji I could get a rhythm, I was slow but consistent, Autopolis I’m throwing it off all over the show, it’s definitely a track that shows up my lack of talent :lol:

Would be up for playing this with you guys. 

Not played a GT game since 2 (do my racing on Xbox) but got this cheap and think I will only enjoy it if playing against some decent racers. 

If I'm not to late and can join sometime let me know. :)

27 minutes ago, Ry said:

Would be up for playing this with you guys. 

Not played a GT game since 2 (do my racing on Xbox) but got this cheap and think I will only enjoy it if playing against some decent racers. 

If I'm not to late and can join sometime let me know. :)

Welcome! Happy to have another forumite in the pool :)

Please add me on PSN, Joe_McSpeed. We race every Monday night at 8PM. If you're online I'll make sure you get an invite.