rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Tony

Motorsport Manager 2 Mobile

@The Bag You cheeky sod you. Leaving me worried that the original would break when iOS 11 came out, all the while working on this.

The original Motorsport Manager was a lot of fun, and we really liked it in our review. It managed to balance casual with a simulation of one of the most complex sports out there and did so using really lovely visuals.

The franchise then made the jump to the PC, where it added plenty of depth and more features. If you're fans of the original, you'll be happy to know that Motorsport Manager Mobile 2 is launching July 13rd and will add more depth and longevity to the original recipe. You'll be once again hiring drivers, but those drivers will now age, improve, leave your team for another one, and eventually retire. This dynamic driver market should make each playthrough feel different, something the original game had a bit of a problem with.

The engineering part of the game will also be more complex, with engineers designing parts from scratch and overall demanding more attention. The most important improvement will be on race day. The race simulation now has more detail and more options, including more engine modes, tire compounds, team orders, and so on. The developer promises a much more dramatic experience, and I hope that ends up being true. The game will be a premium title and will cost $3.99. If you're an Android player, expect the game to be available early August.

Screenshot1_result.jpg

Screenshot2_result.jpg

Screenshot3_result.jpg

Screenshot5_result.jpg

Day. Fucking. One.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, King A said:

@The Bag You cheeky sod you. Leaving me worried that the original would break when iOS 11 came out, all the while working on this.

^_^  Yeah, now it's after 2 I can say, yeah this is what I've been working on.

• Upvote 5

Did the first 2 races and one of my drivers had a 1st and 2nd. My other driver is awful though, had a 16th and last! Tried to replace her with a decent new driver but was too tight on what I wanted to pay them so they backed out!

2nd race was great - overtook on the last section to grab a 2nd place and therefore got my bonus and all due to getting wet tyres while the other racer struggled on inters.

Seems more substantial that the first game, liking the way you can upgrade different parts of the car individually. The different fuel modes are fun, timed it just right in a race and just made it over the line. I did turnoff that blur effect though, didn't like that in the previous game. Some cracking presentation too, love the menu and loading screens. 

Top job so far/10

• Upvote 2

Glad to hear your enjoying it.  The shit second driver is a subtle encouragement to try and hire a new driver.  Build parts, don't forget to invest something in next year's car when that opens up mid way through the year, try the new young driver programme - I had a lot of fun coding that, it can be a very cost effective way to gain a future star driver or a way to watch them never reach their potential.

If you guys have any issues with it please drop us a line, there's an email button on the options screen.  We're a small team (the entire studio is in the credits and while everyone worked on it at times it's mostly the work of a smaller subset) trying to make the best game we can, and so we welcome feedback, bug reports, etc.

• Upvote 6

A user submitted branded DLC sponsor pack is a really interesting idea. Even without payback to the submitter I'd buy it. I guess its got some licencing concerns but it's a nice simple customisation feature in theory.

On 13-7-2017 at 17:10, The Bag said:

It's out now for iOS https://appsto.re/gb/BLelhb.i 

(sorry for the short post but I'm not functional after the develop awards last night)

Any word on the Android release?

Big fan of the first game :) Very much looking forward to going hands-on with this - and reviewing it for Dutch media if there's a chance!

10 hours ago, McSpeed said:

Any word on the Android release?

Big fan of the first game :) Very much looking forward to going hands-on with this - and reviewing it for Dutch media if there's a chance!

We aiming for August with Android.  I'll drop you pm.

9 hours ago, Kramer said:

Loving this. Good upgrade on the first iOS version.

Thanks ^_^

• Upvote 3

How's everyone getting on with this? I'm loving it. It's a shame we don't have wee 3D cars on the track instead of the icon, but I figure it's the limits of the hardware it's on.

One of my drivers is usually in the top 5, so I'm happy with that for my first season. Sitting 3rd in the team table. Driver 1 is sitting 3rd, driver 2 is pretty low because I just fired the original and replaced him with someone better. Got the reliability of my no1 car way up. Working on the second now. I just managed to do a 0 stop race to grab 1st place by 3 seconds the other day, the car was at 95% damage/wear, so it was damn tight.