Jump to content

EFL Championship 2017/18 - All Welcome!


Naysonymous
 Share

Recommended Posts

Aston Villa have just announced that Steve Bruce's mum died overnight. His dad died in February and they'd both been ill for a while. Must have been a hell of a time for Bruce of late, the Villa job is probably 24/7 in terms of demands on his time and he's had to juggle that with huge family trauma and lord knows how much time spent on the motorways between Birmingham and his family home in Newcastle.  Apparently he's going to be on the touchline for the Millwall game on Sunday, hopefully the lads can do him proud and secure promotion. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

Aston Villa have just announced that Steve Bruce's mum died overnight. His dad died in February and they'd both been ill for a while. Must have been a hell of a time for Bruce of late, the Villa job is probably 24/7 in terms of demands on his time and he's had to juggle that with huge family trauma and lord knows how much time spent on the motorways between Birmingham and his family home in Newcastle.  Apparently he's going to be on the touchline for the Millwall game on Sunday, hopefully the lads can do him proud and secure promotion. 

 

I read that earlier, it's been one hell of a year for him. I wouldn't be surprised if he left you at the end of the season so he could have a break. Really feel for him. Whilst I don't like the idea of Villa going up I think if anyone deserves it it's him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

Aston Villa have just announced that Steve Bruce's mum died overnight. His dad died in February and they'd both been ill for a while. Must have been a hell of a time for Bruce of late, the Villa job is probably 24/7 in terms of demands on his time and he's had to juggle that with huge family trauma and lord knows how much time spent on the motorways between Birmingham and his family home in Newcastle.  Apparently he's going to be on the touchline for the Millwall game on Sunday, hopefully the lads can do him proud and secure promotion. 

Read about that earlier. Poor guy. Can’t imagine how hard that must be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good luck to everyone shitting it this morning.  I hope you all win.

 

Can't see Cardiff failing to beat Reading at home, so I think it's them that'll be joining us, and to be honest, I think they deserve it.

 

I'd love to see Burton stay up again too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Anti-climatic game - so a bit stunned listening to Warnock give a speech now without a goal or something to go mental at.

 

After the ups and down so the last few weeks it's all a bit surreal, but saying that.....

 

:omg::omg: :omg:

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Playoffs up next: 

 

Friday 11th May 2018: Derby County v Fulham, 7.45pm

Saturday 12th May 2018: Middlesbrough v Aston Villa, 5.15pm

 

Monday 14th May 2018: Fulham v Derby County, 7.45pm

Tuesday 15th May 2018: Aston Villa v Middlesbrough, 7.45pm

 

Saturday 26th May 2018: Championship Play-Off Final, 5pm

 

 

Can't decide whether I'm nervous or not.   Villa should be coming into the playoffs the freshest.  We took four points off of Middlesbrough,  won at home and lost away to Fulham but Derby took four points off of us, albeit with particular circumstances ahead of either result (massive injury crisis before the away game and the home game being a dead rubber for us).  We've generally delivered in the big games at home this season so I'd fancy us in the semis but our recent record at Wembley is wretched. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

Playoffs up next: 

 

Friday 11th May 2018: Derby County v Fulham, 7.45pm

Saturday 12th May 2018: Middlesbrough v Aston Villa, 5.15pm

 

Monday 14th May 2018: Fulham v Derby County, 7.45pm

Tuesday 15th May 2018: Aston Villa v Middlesbrough, 7.45pm

 

Saturday 26th May 2018: Championship Play-Off Final, 5pm

 

 

Can't decide whether I'm nervous or not.   Villa should be coming into the playoffs the freshest.  We took four points off of Middlesbrough,  won at home and lost away to Fulham but Derby took four points off of us, albeit with particular circumstances ahead of either result (massive injury crisis before the away game and the home game being a dead rubber for us).  We've generally delivered in the big games at home this season so I'd fancy us in the semis but our recent record at Wembley is wretched. 

 

 

But early for all that. Let’s talk about yesterday’s game first....

 

 

MIIIIIIIIIII!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm on my way to Wolverhampton for the parade. Stupidly hot weather, the train is full of Wolves fans and I don't have the kids with me today.

 

Really excited - a lot of beer is going to be consumed today.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Boothjan said:

I'm on my way to Wolverhampton for the parade. Stupidly hot weather, the train is full of Wolves fans and I don't have the kids with me today.

 

Really excited - a lot of beer is going to be consumed today.

 

Following it on twitter, my family and mates are there and I’m feeling pretty gutted to be down here in London today to be honest. 

 

Pictures of it look amazing 

Have a blast mate!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A surprisingly great weekend for the Blues. Winning against Fulham was a shock, we looked very good though I did think the Fulham players looked a little disinterested at times, did they presume Cardiff were going to win? My hope though is that us keeping Fulham in the playoffs is just our way of keeping Aston Villa down (it would be nice if Fulham beat them in the play offs final).

 

That said I really feel for Bruce at the moment and think he deserves to go up after the year he's had :( Losing your parents is hard but to lose them so close together as well.

 

A bit more hopeful of next season with Monk in charge but I wouldn't put it past our clueless owners to sack him after 5 or 6 games into next season (regardless of position in the league).

 

The playoffs I think are quite exciting this year, I don't think I would put my money on any of them. Before this weekend it would have been Fulham but has their bubble burst? The fact they lost to us will give heart to Derby surely, even more so after their convincing win over Barnsley (it's got to be a morale booster).

Generally the 6th place team has a good go at the play offs so can Middlesborough keep the trend going? Or will Villa have the quality to see them off. Have to say I think it's a bit lose / lose personally for villa next season. If they go up they risk being in a relegation scrap (when I'm sure their fans would agree they've had a pretty exciting season in the championship). But then if they stay down there's talk of not having money to spend to improve the side and the likes of Terry / Snodgrass are unlikely to be there next season (Snodgrass has been an ever present for them this season).

 

Don't know if there are any Villa fans on here, what scenario would you guys prefer?

 

Edit: Oh and congrats to Wolves, a fully deserved title win from a side I think would have been fairly comfortable in the premiership this season had they been there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well done Sheffield Wednesday - thrashing Norwich 5-1 meant Ipswich finished ahead of the Canaries (on goal difference)...

 

Tim Sherwood the latest non-entity to be linked with the Ipswich job. Looks like Luke Hyam and David McGoldrick won't be playing for us next season though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.