EFL Championship 2017/18 - All Welcome!

Naysonymous

3 minutes ago, Butters said:

Liked a volley!

On a separate note, suggestions up here that Dorrans is on his way to Rangers. A good signing for them @diddlydennis?

Tbh I've not watched enough of the Scottish Prem to know what the standard is like these days. I've always rated Dorrans at our level though, would like a bit more than the reported £1.5m that's supposedly been agreed.

He's the kind of player you don't really notice much on the pitch, but definitely notice his absence when he's not there, if that makes any sense. Very reliable and unspectacular, good at the dirty work and his distribution is good too.

47 minutes ago, diddlydennis said:

Tbh I've not watched enough of the Scottish Prem to know what the standard is like these days. I've always rated Dorrans at our level though, would like a bit more than the reported £1.5m that's supposedly been agreed.

He's the kind of player you don't really notice much on the pitch, but definitely notice his absence when he's not there, if that makes any sense. Very reliable and unspectacular, good at the dirty work and his distribution is good too.

Makes sense. I think he'll do pretty well up here (sadly) if he signs.

2 hours ago, BitterToad said:

Is there any context at all for Sweet or Sour! Depends on What You Choose?

Like, any at all?

Xia is like a harmless Donald Trump as far as I can tell. Bit of a narcissist, loves Twitter, unclear how full of a grasp he has of the English language. 

18 hours ago, Naysonymous said:

Xia is like a harmless Donald Trump as far as I can tell. Bit of a narcissist, loves Twitter, unclear how full of a grasp he has of the English language. 

This, I think he likes the attention to be honest. He has his dig's at us (Blues) quite often don't he? But by doing that he's just becoming more popular to the villa fansisn't he? (I know some think he's a muppet, but so far as I can tell that's a minority).

This season's going to be an interesting one.

Thought's on my team and the local clubs for me are -

Blues - I think we'll hit play off's which would be an incredible turn around after last season, I wouldn't put money down on us necassarily going up though. There's quite a few changes going on and I suspect there will be plenty more before the transfer window shuts. Too much change I suspect for a real push for an automatic spot.

Villa - I'm going to go for second place with them and though I would have liked him at Blues I don't think Terry will have that much of an impact on Villa's promotion chances. The Villa defense was looking decent at the end of last season and suspect it will be the same central partnership going into this season. Where I think they need to strengthen to really push for the automatic spot is the midfield.

Wolves - They have brought in a decent manager but we know that many foreign manager's do struggle in the championship, could this be the case here? Ruben Neves I think would be a fantastic signing if they can pull that off and I think generally they have the players to give it a good go this season. In fact I would go so far as to say if Wolves were a London team I would think they were going to be the next 'big money' team to try and break into the top 6 of the prem. Sadly that won't be the case I don't think. I'm still skeptical about Mendes as well. I just can't see how he's doing anything in the interests of the club and we could hear some stories about corruption or something in 5/10 years time behind him and Wolves. That said I wouldn't be surprised if Wolves finish 3rd / 4th this season and win the play off's.

For me I reckon Sheffield Wednesday will win the league, not by a huge amount. But they have been creeping up the table the last few seasons and I think Boyd will be a good addition to an already good squad.

5 minutes ago, Naysonymous said:

Xia is definitely doing it for the retweets. There is a vocal core of people who love it but I doubt it's anywhere near a majority, he's only got about 80k followers for a start. 

Maybe it's all a ploy, get as many followers as possible. Then somewhere down the line sell the club, get his money back and use it to advertise some clothing line or something :D

Two immense signings.  Neves in particular - just ridiculous for this level.  Can't quite believe we've got him - Championship record fee too.  John Ruddy to follow as well apparently.

Great news - much needed after the terrible news a few days ago.

26 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Two immense signings.  Neves in particular - just ridiculous for this level.  Can't quite believe we've got him - Championship record fee too.  John Ruddy to follow as well apparently.

Great news - much needed after the terrible news a few days ago.

Yeah, I'm currently wondering whether to drop 400 quid on a season ticket.  Could only make the weekend games really.

Probably try and get a half season ticket at Christmas.

I'm a single parent for 50% of the time so couldn't get a ST until the kids are a lot older, but I'm sure I'll be down the Golden Palace a few times next season.  Might take the kids along to the opening game v Boro though.