EFL Championship 2017/18 - All Welcome!

Naysonymous

Have to say I love the Brentford fans at the moment.

Being a blues fan we are having it rough and much of it is deserved with stupid decisions, in fighting in the dressing room etc. But when we played them and they were singing -

'You signed all our players, but you f*cked it up*

and

'There's only 1 harry redknapp'

it made me hope the owners heard it as it's ultimately them that those songs are aimed at. Stupid decisions all the way through at the top have lead to where we are now.

That said, i'm glad to see Wolves doing well, if they were in the prem now I think they would be giving it one hell of a go and more than capable of competing. Plenty of talent in that side.

There really isn't a lot of positives for Blues at all this season is there?

Looked like they were going to give a shot in the summer, but it's gone just about as badly as you can imagine.

Reminds me a little of our relegation to League One season, we spent a lot that summer too.

At least you avoided defeat to Villa I guess...

8 hours ago, PC Master Race said:

We try our best!

It was enjoyable in the sense I've kinda lost hope in our team this season so I watched it from a more neutral point of view.

There's still a second game to lose against villa.

From what we've heard / rumours floating around there are quite a few divisions in the squad. You need a manager that can bash their heads together really and I don't think Steve Cotterill is that sort of bloke. Ah well.

37 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

I thought we had the making of a half decent team with people like Vassell up front (before he was crocked) but it’s just not clicking. Ever since we got rid of Rowett we’ve been rotten. 

I’m fully prepared for League one next year. 

Same, it's sad when it gets like that but I think we need to drop down a league, have a purge of the club really, appoint people who know what they are doing to help the Chinese ownders (who don't) and hopefully come back stronger.

32 minutes ago, Luseth said:

Same, it's sad when it gets like that but I think we need to drop down a league, have a purge of the club really, appoint people who know what they are doing to help the Chinese ownders (who don't) and hopefully come back stronger.

This is fine, so long as you do bounce back quickly.  We were lucky to only have one season down there but a lot of clubs struggle.  Sheff Wednesday, United, Forest, Leeds all took a number of years to get out.

Even Man City took two years and they needed the play offs in the end.

• 2 weeks later...

Hope you have a rip-roaring day, sir!

A win would be splendid - I really don't like Reading very much.  If we put in another decent performance, this is the kind of game I can't see us slipping up in as they like to try and play decent football too.

The Reading fans seem really confident.  It's a club I really have no feeling for one way or the other, they just exist, but they really don't like us much.

I'm expecting a Wolves win.

Only been there once before, to the Alex Rae play off game.  Best goal ever.

EDIT:-

this one:

Half time in Cardiff. We got an early goal then Brentford have been all over us and we look terrible. Then Brentford striker has a terrible miss (he had 80 percent of the goal open and decided to try and put it to left of defender with goalie elsewhere for some reason). Then we scored again. Easily the most one sided half I've seen with the dominated team 2-0 up.

Is this just for Wolves fans in here?

Woeful game of football at Hilsborough today. Getting fed up of teams coming to Us and looking better drilled, stronger and faster than us. I do wonder if our players even trained during the international break as our control was pathetic today.

11 hours ago, Boothjan said:

That Brentford miss: :lol:

I wa behind the goal for it and you can hear the crowd laugh/cheer briefly,  after that we all just stood there quietly baffled trying to figure out what he was thinking.

Given how poor we were at the back yesterday, if that had gone in then I suspect Beenrfors would have  got at least a point.

A few more thoughts on yesterday's game.

Firstly Reading can count themselves a bit unlucky not to have scored.  They got into some dangerous situations and were inches away a couple of times, and a couple more Ruddy pulled off some wonderful stops, one in particular was just unbelievable:

We didn't help ourselves here, a few Reading chances came through silly mistakes from Wolves, although the conditions weren't great and I think that played a part.

Reading played really well and Wolves were not at their best, which goes to show how tough we are to get close to.  Boly was immense as usual, and Cavaleiro had a wonderful first half capped off by a very well taken goal.

A smart diagonal run from Cav was spotted by Jota who was about 25 yards out.  Jota then played a very well weighted ball perfectly into Cav's run who shaped to shoot, but instead rolled the ball around the keeper, and passed the ball into an empty net.

We had plenty more chances first half, and could maybe have scored again.  At the other end of the pitch, at 0-0 Ruddy pushed a shot onto the post, and had a kick charged down by a Reading striker which could have easily gone in.

Second half Reading really pushed hard and made things tough for us.  Reading look great on the ball and keep possession well.

In the end, Wolves' class really shone through, Costa showed what he's capable of with a wonderful run down the right, taking on half of Reading's team, before feeding Doc in the box (great energy from our full back to be that far up the pitch in the 90th minute) who turned well and smashed home his first of the season.

Very happy, and just bough a ticket for Bolton at home on Saturday.

Leon Clarke must be on drugs or something. He did nowt at Wednesday and us now banging them in for fun. I will never forget the day he booted an advertising board after scoring for us in a winner stays up match against Palace and broke his toe. We drew, got relegated and released him 3 days later.

He’s only scored in a handful of games and multiple at a time. 

He scored 12 goals this season and in 4 games he scored 4,3,2,2 and 1 in another. 5 games he’s contributed towards in terms of goals all season. He just doesn’t look like a good player, the United fans at work don’t even rate him. He’s just having a good spell in certain games. 

Edit: that’s prob a bit harsh considering he is the top scorer. Fair play to him. 

Well he played for us twice and was fucking terrible both times.  Because he's not a very good player.  At all.  And at 33, he's not exactly entering his prime either.

In fact, this is Leon Clarke's record at this level:

2004/5: 28 appearances, 7 goals
2005/6: 30 appearances, 1 goal
2006/7: 32 appearances, 6 goals
2007/8: 8 appearances, 3 goals
2008/9: 29 appearances, 8 goals
2009/10: 36 appearances, 6 goals
2010/11: 19 appearances, 1 goal
2014/15: 26 appearances, 3 goals

Total: 208 appearances, 35 goals (0.17 goals per game)

Football is such a weird game.

The Wolves goals were the most entertaining thing I saw while watching Wednesday plod their way through another dour game of mid-table football. Who on earth thought Ipswich V Wednesday would make good viewing?

i think you will destroy us when you come to fortress* Hillsborough on the 15th December.

*not a fortress.