EFL Championship 2017/18 - All Welcome!

Naysonymous

4 minutes ago, LoGoWolf said:

Certainly good fun being a Wolves fan at the moment. 

Cant wait for the Villa game. I love the tea time kick offs - pre match round Chapel Ash, post match in Bohemian then curry at the Dilshad. Lovely stuff. 

Ah that sounds perfect!  My Wolverhampton flat is just down the Tettenhall Road from Chapel Ash.

Dilshad is great too, I really need to try the Bilash too.

It's nice for Villa - Wolves to feel like a big game again, the two biggest clubs in the region don't really have a rivalry in the way people might think (solidarity is probably ensued by a mutual dislike of the Ollybuyiun) but this one feels important. I'd be more than happy with a point. 

57 minutes ago, Boothjan said:

Yeah it's weird:

Wolves hate Albion

Villa hate Albion

Wolves hate Birmingham

Villa hate Birmingham

Wolves get on okay with Villa

Albion get on okay with Birmingham

I would add, Albion hate Villa.

I have some Albion mates who hate Villa much more than Wolves, makes sense as the Hawthornes and Villa Park are only three miles apart.

I agree with what's been said, I've always quite liked the Villa, proper club with real history, and there has always been respect between the two.

Having said that, you do get plenty of arrogant Villa fans, but Walsall probably say the same about us.

Can't wait for the game, under the floodlights, big crowd will be something else I think

1 hour ago, dr_manhattan^ said:

I would add, Albion hate Villa.

I have some Albion mates who hate Villa much more than Wolves, makes sense as the Hawthornes and Villa Park are only three miles apart.

I agree with what's been said, I've always quite liked the Villa, proper club with real history, and there has always been respect between the two.

Having said that, you do get plenty of arrogant Villa fans, but Walsall probably say the same about us.

Can't wait for the game, under the floodlights, big crowd will be something else I think

Yeah I should have put 'and vice versa' on all of those.  All those rivalries are mutual!

Yep. I'm on the Warwickshire side of Birmingham and work in the city centre so it's about the Blues game for me but I've got friends up in Great Barr who can't abide West Bromwich. West Brom draw a far amount of support from north west Birmingham and areas close to Villa like Handsworth/Smethwick/Halesowen and as far as I can tell Blues are very much an afterthought there. I think those who got into football in the late 70s/early 80s consider Villa-Albion to be the big game too as they grew up at a time when Blues were down playing in non league or somewhere. 

We were magnificent today. A pleasure to watch that.

I don't even think Villa were poor, they played some decent stuff in the first half but in the 2nd, we went up a gear and tore them to shreds. To do that against a team in form in front of a full house in a local derby was awesome.

Very pleased Wolves fan tonight! Bring on next Saturday!