On 01/12/2017 at 20:06, Sir DangerM said:

Been trying to get hakchi working on my Mac and got as far as installing the driver / firmware or whatever on the SNES, which seemed to work ok, but when I try to synchronise games it just pops up the window saying waiting for SNES, even though it’s powered on.

Anyone had this issue?

On 02/12/2017 at 16:36, Sir DangerM said:

There isn’t. I’m usual Virtual Machine.

You need to make sure the VM attaches to the Mini USB in both regular and FEL modes. That is, you need to set the USB in the VM twice because it reports itself as a different device in either mode. 

16 hours ago, matt! said:

You need to make sure the VM attaches to the Mini USB in both regular and FEL modes. That is, you need to set the USB in the VM twice because it reports itself as a different device in either mode. 

Yeah, I did that but it still doesn't work.

I set it up on my Macbook Air using a copy of Parallels, worked perfectly first time. I realise this doesn't help you really but just saying... it should work. Does the SNES correctly show up as a USB device when its plugged in now?

1 hour ago, Alex W. said:

Anything by 8bitdo is a safe bet. They sell controllers that work across Bluetooth and are Switch compatible, and an adaptor to use them with the Mini systems. (And ones to use them eith the original console.)

Good stuff

https://www.amazon.co.uk/8Bitdo-Wireless-Controller-Classic-Electronic/dp/B074HBNNH6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1512846529&sr=8-2&keywords=snes+wireless

This looks to be a good shout.

1 hour ago, MagicalDrop said:

Beginner's question : hacked mine earlier and just added a few games to make sure all was working. If I want to add more, do I just run Hakchi and plug the Mini into my laptop or do I need to switch the  Mini on / hold in reset? 

Just plug it in now, no need to hold reset

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, davidcotton said:

In stock at normal price from amazon uk for those that still want one.

Am I right in thinking that if I have a raspberry pi3 with the reys 128 img then this doesn't really offer anything over that other than plug and play?

Rewinds, saves + Nintendo charm.

If you are a fan of SNES games, and had one, it's simply a must buy

6 hours ago, dood said:

The framerate issues on the very first level, for example.  They were not present on the snes version, not to the same degree. 

Did you have a pal Super Nintendo? i only ask because most of the people complaining about slowdown on games like ghouls and super castlevania had pal machines which were slower but more consistent so it now looks like certain games have issues.