- Kirby's Dream Land 3

- Legend of the Mystical Ninja

- Phalanx

- Pilotwings

- Pocky & Rocky 2

- R-Type III

- SimCity

- Sparkster

- Street Fighter II (only out of nostalgia really)

- Stunt Race FX

- Sunset Riders

- Super Adventure Island

- Super Bomberman

- Super Bomberman 2

- Super Pang!

- Super Tennis

- TMNT IV 

- UN Squadron

- Wario's Woods

- Wild Guns

Anything missing that absolutely needs to be on that list?

Pretty decent selection methinks,and all of my early teenage years wrapped in a neat little package :) 

Hack successful! :)  Absolute piss easy to do, and now it's nicely filled with treats indeed! The hardest part was deciding what to put on it and what box art to use. And making sure all the player numbers, release dates and publishers were correct. And cross-referencing with the compatibility list.

I did have a little trouble with getting Retroarch to run the incompatible SNES games. Turns out you have to add TWO DASHES, not one dash, to "--retroarch" at the end of the command line. Take note!

All seems fine now. I added a separate folder for Megadrive games so they don't stink up the main list. ;)

Slight issue with them, though. I notice a minor input lag when playing. Dunno if it's the MD specifically or anything with Retroarch. Hell, could be the whole unit but I'm particularly sensitive to sluggishness in Sonic. A shame.

6 hours ago, Keyboard Koala said:

So, apart from the 21 originals, I've added;

- Act Raiser

- Axelay

- Batman Returns

- Chrono Trigger

- Cybernator

- Demon's Crest

- Gradius III

- ISS Deluxe

- Joe & Mac 2

- Kirby's Dream Land 3

- Legend of the Mystical Ninja

- Phalanx

- Pilotwings

- Pocky & Rocky 2

- R-Type III

- SimCity

- Sparkster

- Street Fighter II (only out of nostalgia really)

- Stunt Race FX

- Sunset Riders

- Super Adventure Island

- Super Bomberman

- Super Bomberman 2

- Super Pang!

- Super Tennis

- TMNT IV 

- UN Squadron

- Wario's Woods

- Wild Guns

Anything missing that absolutely needs to be on that list?

Pretty decent selection methinks,and all of my early teenage years wrapped in a neat little package :) 

I would add:

- Actraiser (with the retranslation patch - the Japanese version is harder)

- Parodius: Non Sense Fantasy (60hz-patched Euro release)

- Jikkyo Oshaberi Parodius / Chatting Parodius Live

- Fantastic Parodius: Pursue the Glory of the Past (yes, all three Snes Parodius games)

- Dark Half (with translation patch)

- Famicom Detective Club Part II (with translation patch)

- Final Fantasy IV (Namingway patch)

- Final Fantasy V (GBA Script port patch)

- Final Fantasy VI (Woosley 1.96 patch)

- Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Scrambled Valkyrie

Like many I'd also ensure Super Aleste is added but unfortunately it has an issue with the audio being emulated poorly (it suffers from a hideously distorted low end). Snes 9X via retroarch handles it fine but with quite a bit more lag, so that option isn't nearly as good to actually play as with the default emulator. Super Aleste must be doing something fairly unique as Nintendo's Snes emulator for the 3DS Virtual Console couldn't reproduce its audio either (in that case it had almost zero low end). Weird.

Meh, I took the Megadrive games off this. I have better (less laggy) ways to play them if I want to, it was just a novelty.

I've also cut down my list of SNES titles, as too many games on one page just disappear off the edge of the screen and I find using folders somewhat inelegant.

I took off Mario All-Stars, as it felt far too 'weighty' compared to Mario World and the art style is a little overblown.

I took off Super Star Wars and its two sequels 'cos it's annoyingly hard and I'll probably never play it properly anyway. Also no multiplayer.

I took off the Donkey Kong Country sequels because, let's face it, one Donkey Kong Country is enough for anyone.

I did put Super Tennis on there, however. :)

I think I'm done curating for now!

I pre-ordered one with Toys-R-Us which got delivered on day 1.

I've just had an invoice from them asking for the £79.99 - I will double check but I don't think I was charged before.

What's funny is their email - look at the date, and also my name is William not Monique :D

I've clicked the link and it's legit, takes me to PayPal, and has the correct order number on... Anyone else had this?  To be fair, it would be acceptable for me to delete since it looks a lot like a phishing email!

Capture.JPG.ea01c3543f76e6249680a15746657528.JPG

Been trying to get hakchi working on my Mac and got as far as installing the driver / firmware or whatever on the SNES, which seemed to work ok, but when I try to synchronise games it just pops up the window saying waiting for SNES, even though it’s powered on.

Anyone had this issue?

On 12/2/2017 at 00:30, the_debaser said:

Took Super Tennis off mine last night. Smash Tennis is soooooo much better. 

I’m not the biggest fan of either game, but it’s a tough choice. Smash is definitely more fun, but Super plays a better game of tennis. 

19 hours ago, Sir DangerM said:

Been trying to get hakchi working on my Mac and got as far as installing the driver / firmware or whatever on the SNES, which seemed to work ok, but when I try to synchronise games it just pops up the window saying waiting for SNES, even though it’s powered on.

Anyone had this issue?

Didn't know there is a Mac version. 

18 minutes ago, Jebs Votes said:

I’m not the biggest fan of either game, but it’s a tough choice. Smash is definitely more fun, but Super plays a better game of tennis. 

Smash is ok but it's wrapped around novelty. Super is a much better game.