IGNORED

SNES Mini

deKay

7 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

It's not like it's every shop going that's sold out already. Just like 4 sites maxing out their preorders from their first allocation.

Not even their first allocation, I'll bet - just how much they've guessed they might be getting.

8 hours ago, clumpyjamie said:

Is there any reason why Nintendo does such limited runs of these things when there's clearly massive demand? I know it helps to create an early demand - and that makes sense initially, but why stop making them when people are willing to buy?

There will have been a factory somewhere, where Nintendo had to pay for moulds and things to make 2.5 million units or whatever the number was, and book up a particular time period for the factory to make them. If they get that estimate wrong - and they clearly did - then they've not only got to find a time slot when the factory can do more for them, they've got to negotiate a price for that many units. The more units they need, the less easy it is for them to find the time, but the closer they get to the original cost. Lots of things can stop you fixing a mistake like that.

Basically it's not like there's a machine somewhere that'll just pop these things out. Or there is, but it's shared with a bunch of other people, and the price changes with how many of them you want, and a whole bunch of other factors.

8 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

Keep the faith. Nintendo will want to spam the fuck out of everywhere in the run up to Christmas. There'll be plenty to go round.

I wish I had your confidence. As I sit here, still waiting for the last set of Zelda amiibos to be restocked.

I've just noticed F Zero is not on the list! It really needs that and Pilotwings - don't see why it wouldn't , they were Nintendo games.

I believe the DKC2+3 have some kinda license issue?

There are several other games I think should be on the system, but all 3rd party.

1 minute ago, Darhkwing said:

I've just noticed F Zero is not on the list! It really needs that and Pilotwings - don't see why it wouldn't , they were Nintendo games.

I believe the DKC2+3 have some kinda license issue?

There are several other games I think should be on the system, but all 3rd party.

FZero is on the list on the Nintendo website...

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Super-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1238330.html

Man, where's the love for shooters? Everyone's mentioning their favourite title/genre which is missing and not one mention of a shumup. Looked at that way I guess Nintendo made the right choice. Which makes me sad!! :( I only wanted one Nintendo, jeez!