deKay

SNES Mini

2 minutes ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Why are so many people putting in multiple pre-orders? Seems a bit selfish when there are members on here who have been struggling to secure one.

I ordered one with Game but it was really glitchy. The store was up and down and it kept refusing me. I managed to get an order in right after they went out of stock. I luckily had one in the basket. I have my doubts it'll go through so I ordered another from Argos today (that was glitchy too - the first time I tried it said "your order is not guaranteed- wait for an email in the next 2 hours". That didn't happen so I tried again and it was confirmed.

So I have either 1, 2 or 3 orders I'm not sure about. If I receive more than one, I will sell the extras on for the same price I paid (plus postage) to anyone who missed out.

• Upvote 2

I've got three, one for me and two for relatives. It's also in case there's some fuck up. In which case, I take precedence of course! ;) 

If anyone is interested, I enquired with ShopTo whether they were going to drop their price down to RRP, to which they replied 'we don't know'. I'm taking that as a no then! Think that's a bit shitty personally, but hey ho.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Why are so many people putting in multiple pre-orders? Seems a bit selfish when there are members on here who have been struggling to secure one.

Mainly because I don't trust the online retailer to come through with the order so hedging my bets in the hope that one delivers. If I get more than one i'll offer it to friends & rllmukkers.

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, ashmatuk said:

I have 3 ordered as I know friends and family will want them.

I pre ordered one for a friend but he got his own. I can cancel the order or offer it up to a fellow mucker. Nothing untoward.

• Upvote 2

I've got panic pre-ordered three because I didn't want there to be some balls up and only order one to have it fall through. I'm going to cancel one now and then a second closer to release day, although I might wait until the money has actually been taken before I cancel the last one.

Who's least likely to honour my order: Game and Amazon at £80, or Smyth's at £70?

• Upvote 1

I have zero issue with people ordering multiples. I've not been able to get one as yet, and the more mukkers who might have them to sell on here the better. When these pre-orders appear they are for about 10 minutes, so I get why people are grabbing them

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

so I can pose for a photo with them stacked in the background

to guarantee receipt of at least one

spares

to pass on to other forumites who were unsuccessful, and don't want to pay scalpers prices.

you choose. Though I suspect you already did.

5 minutes ago, SeanR said:

so I can pose for a photo with them stacked in the background

to guarantee receipt of at least one

spares

to pass on to other forumites who were unsuccessful, and don't want to pay scalpers prices.

Sean's a reputable man.

o.s. First dibs if my order falls through?

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Ordered with GAME. Then went with Smyths purely because I don't trust GAME to not oversell their allocation.

Now have ordered with Argos to save £10. I'm done. If I'm confident that one of the others goes through ok GAME is getting cancelled ASAP.

edit: I'm still annoyed at GAME. They don't accept their own crappy credit for preorders or deposits but expect you to accept a refund of a bloody deposit in credit.

17 minutes ago, SeanR said:

I think his point is, that it seems like most people on here have an average of 2-3 - so that's a lot of stock being taken up that actually people don't want. Totally understandable, but it is odd when you think about it.

It's funny, in some ways, that Nintendo get all the stick for the low-stock situation - when really the main problem is that most folks just don't trust whatever supplier they have ordered with. I mean if everyone was happy that an order they placed was not going to get screwed up, there would potentially be over twice as much stock available for people to get at right now...

I think SeanR's point is that despite all those excuses come September 30th he's going to be on a Yacht with chains around his neck and a tattoo reading "SCALP LIFE" on his belly.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Sean's a reputable man.

o.s. First dibs if my order falls through?

@salsapartyanimal has first dibs

2 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I think SeanR's point is that despite all those excuses come September 30th he's going to be on a Yacht with chains around his neck and a tattoo reading "SCALP LIFE" on his belly.

I'm having the whole thread tattooed on my belly...

14 minutes ago, rgraves said:

I think his point is, that it seems like most people on here have an average of 2-3 - so that's a lot of stock being taken up that actually people don't want. Totally understandable, but it is odd when you think about it.

I like to think of them as orders that won't end up on ebay with a massive markup, a birthday present for my mate Will, who had imported mega drives and super famicoms before anyone else I knew, and a favour to anyone who was unsuccessful because reasons...

• Upvote 3

People here ordering 2-4 which will find good homes at max 120% rrp is pretty different from the hordes of speculators filling their baskets to maximise profit come sept. Each one we get is one they don't.

On the one hand I hope stock is plentiful and none of this was necessary. On the other it's quite fun.

Sega must be scratching their heads. They've launched loads of mini megadrives. All shit!

• Upvote 4

I've got two orders one with Smyths and one with Nintendo. I saw people getting orders cancelled with Smyths so didn't want to risk it. I'll probably just cancel the Smyths one come closer to launch though.

In all honesty I think there's going to be enough stock of these. Sure, some people will miss out eventually due to it being discontinued. But if you really want one, and hence are actively on the look out, you'll be able to get one. There's surely going to be a lot of stock coming online nearer launch as people with multiple pre orders dump their extras.

There seems to be a lot more being made available than the NES version, but it was the limited availability of the NES version that created this demand.

I'm hoping Argos will have stock on release day, but otherwise I'll be relying on you guys with more than one to do the decent thing...

Surely Nintendo can't mess up the stock supply again. The NES mini sold 2.3 million and you have to think this will be much more popular, I hope they don't mess it up as I really want one.

I wonder what the sales ceiling would be for the mini SNES if there was enough stock for all who wanted one?

I don't trust Game enough to fulfil my order which is why I've also ordered with Smyths. Then ordered another with Amazon which would be my preferred retailer anyway. 

If I end up with 3 one will likely  go to my brother and if they're scarce and have value because of that I might try to trade one for the NES mini which I wasn't fortunate enough to get and refuse to pay scalper prices for outright. But i reckon that won't be the case and there will be enough stock for demand anyway. 

• Upvote 1

With the NES Mini we ended up with one, but would have had three at least between me and my brothers. The best case scenario here is everyone having one and us all laughing about how worried we were. I can't help feeling the demand has been boosted massively by the potential short supply. 

34 minutes ago, Danster said:

I'm hoping Argos will have stock on release day, but otherwise I'll be relying on you guys with more than one to do the decent thing...

Every day since being announced more and more pre-order opportunities have come up so I'm sure you'll be fine - just keep an eye on places like hotukdeals, this thread and here http://www.stockinformer.co.uk/checker-super-nintendo-entertainment-system-snes. It'll save you the headache of paying someone postage and waiting a few extra days.

Someone earlier in the thread has posted about 10 times or so moaning how they will never get one without paying hundreds of pounds 24 hours into preorders opening - if they put half the effort into just keeping an eye out, they'd have 2-3 preorders by now! I predict there will be more on sale tomorrow and over the weekend.

• Upvote 2

how much of the mini-snes demand, in terms of units, is scalpers trying to get in on the action, and how much is people trying to get one to avoid scalpers. I cant believe its 50:50 for units and scalper/customer.

like are 30% of customers buying 60% of the sock?, what do we reckon? what do the messageboards over on hotdealsuk look like?

2 minutes ago, Uzi said:

if they put half the effort into just keeping an eye out, they'd have 2-3 preorders by now! I predict there will be more on sale tomorrow and over the weekend.

ive got 4 pre-orders just from reading this thread, and I'm lazy AF

• Upvote 1