deKay

SNES Mini

It’s mainly a Donkey Kong Country player for my girlfriend.

I bought a Switch not long after though, so I superseded it for myself. Occasionally I give Mario Karts an outing on it, but that’s once in a blue moon.

11 minutes ago, GMass said:

So despite being desperate for this - I sold mine ages ago.  So who still has and uses theirs? 

Mine sits on the shelf, gathering dust since it arrived.... it looks cool though so I am happy having it still :)

I still absolutely love mine (to the point I went crazy and bought the US and Japanese variants too) and it's genuinely been my most played console for a while.  I finished Super Metroid on it, am working my way through Castlevania and play a lot of Street Fighter II Turbo/Super Street Fighter 2 (plus the odd quick blast on a few of the other titles).  I love that I can flick the power switch on and be playing in a few seconds with next to no boot time or hassle of system/game updates which in turn lets me grab quick games of street fighter 2 around family life.

It's totally rekindled my appreciation of the relative simplicity of 16bit 2D games and I blame it for leading me into ordering an Analogue Super NT!

22 minutes ago, Flockheart said:

I blame it for leading me into ordering an Analogue Super NT!

You won't be disappointed with that. I'm looking into one soon. Might sell off my 1chip SFC and a few 3DS games to fund it.

1 hour ago, GMass said:

So despite being desperate for this - I sold mine ages ago.  So who still has and uses theirs? 

Still got it. Currently my preferred way to play SNES games, which I'm intending to work through in chronological order when I actually get some damned time to do so.

EDIT: It doesn't help that I got PSVR around the same time and I only have one set of eyes.

Edited by Sprite Machine

I barely used mine due to the pathetic controller cords but since buying a wireless 6 button MD style controller and sticking on a load of mega drive, master system , gba, turbografx, nes and additional snes games I use it all the time

Currently playing through Aria of Sorrow on the GBA and it's just as addictive as I remember. I will never get rid of mine , where else are you going to get a proper licensed HDMI enabled retro box with such an easy to use interface for less than 70 quid? Adding games and creating custom matching box art is almost as fun as the games themselves :lol:

I love mine, it gets used infrequently but it's great to have when you fancy a quick go on something. My only real gripe with it is how absolutely shit I am at Mario Kart now, 12-year old me would be so ashamed.

I don't use mind loads but I've finished SMW on it and am on the last Zelda dungeon. I may try Metroid next. So I think that's been pretty good usage for me. Comparable with my other consoles playtime over the same period.

I love mine and don't intend on ever getting rid of it. 

I also own a Super Famicom and an Analogue NT, and don't intend on ever getting rid of any of them. 

The SNES is pretty much my favourite console ever.

I did want one of these but wasn't able to get one at launch, I ended up upgrading my 2DS to a new 2DS XL and grabbing some of the SNES games I wanted via the VC on there. Not the same as having it on the big screen, but I don't think I could justify the cost of a SNES mini when I have the games playable elsewhere. So I am glad I didn't get one in the end, but am jealous of those who have them because it is a lovely looking piece of kit, if nothing else!