rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Profgoten

Legend of Mir

So I was talking with a bunch of old friends recently about the "good old days" before WoW and FFXI/XIV and how we loved playing Legend of Mir 2. This prompted us in looking for private servers to play just wondering who here played Legend of Mir 2 (I tried 3 but the glory of FFXI and WoW just blew me away and Mir had it's day)

• Upvote 1

Oh Christ, I remember that. They had a whole bit on Game Network (the only videogame-based TV channel on Sky Digital) back in the day, just loads of the presenters going around grinding gold.

I think I loaded it up and spent two hours in my virtual pants mining gold and then never played it again.

My word, this game consumed a good couple of my teenage years...

Never played the official server though, always on private servers.

The pace of the official servers always put me off. (and the fact it cost monies!) What a grind of a game it was, the amount of hours spent chipping away in the Bug cave was ridiculous, I used to play as a Taoist to, so it was extra sloooow. I'd often just glom onto a mage or warrior friend so speed up the process. :D

It was always far more fun, leveling on the way to see the Evil Centipede. :lol:

evilcentipede_zps4215ab31.png

@Baring

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Steely said:

My word, this game consumed a good couple of my teenage years...

Never played the official server though, always on private servers.

The pace of the official servers always put me off. (and the fact it cost monies!) What a grind of a game it was, the amount of hours spent chipping away in the Bug cave was ridiculous, I used to play as a Taoist to, so it was extra sloooow. I'd often just glom onto a mage or warrior friend so speed up the process. :D

It was always far more fun, leveling on the way to see the Evil Centipede. :lol:

evilcentipede_zps4215ab31.png

@Baring

What a game. We must have played it until uni started and all throughout school. 

I love a Mir chat when we talk about old fights. 

It would really be impossible to keep up now though. I couldnt spend my 3 hours a night just levelling up.