rllmuk
JohnC

Watchmen on HBO

Hm. You definitely wouldn't want someone making a derivative version of Moore and Gibbon's work.

The only reason to make more of this is if someone has a really solid idea for a different theme. It's not the kind of show you can just churn out, so I'm happy that they are leaving it there.

On 14/01/2020 at 21:20, Monkeyboy said:

I was kind of thinking the same when watching. It is Lindelof after all. But everything ties together quite neatly to be honest. It doesn't leave loads of mysteries unanswered. So I recommend sticking with it. I nearly bailed, but glad I didn't.

I think it's started to click for me. 

Episode 6 is quite far in to have the episode where things start to make sense.

This was a real disappointment after a great first couple of episodes, Don Johnson was superb and the most interesting character.

It really dragged in the middle, and I hated the pointless ending.

I did enjoy seeing Castell Penrhyn and the local scenery being shown as paradise though.

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 2

15 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

The only things you liked about it were a racist cop and an incidental castle? 

Certainly the highlights for me.

I mean, Don Johnson was superb. And so is North Wales!

With one episode to go, just got to post how amazing this series is.  I took the time to read the book(s) the week before and that paid off since otherwise it would have made a lot less sense.  Instead you grinned at all the "in" references (and were sad and angry at other times of course).  Particular shoutout to the soundtrack which is incredible too.

I didn't know that the Tulsa massacre was real either when I started watching a couple of weeks ago.

• Upvote 8

I think this show was incredible, and incredibly important. 

I think it has some real things to say about everything that is happening now. And I think it had a real part to play in making them happen. It's popularising of the massacre can't be underestimated.

Apparently HBO are putting it online for free (in america) for the next couple of weeks.

• Upvote 7

Posted (edited)

Finished up and almost perfect throughout.  It's rare that a single show elicits the full range of emotions, (it is incredibly funny in places), resonates (unfortunately ) perfectly with the times despite being based on a 35 year old comic book, is impeccably soundtracked and acted throughout and had zero filler.  

I AM THE EGG MAN

WE ARE THE EGG MEN

COO COO CACHOO

Edited by Cosmic_Guru
  • Upvote 7

For those that have just watched/finished, the podcast with Lindelof and Chernobyl writer Craig Mazin is essential listening. Mazin's deconstruction of the last episode gave me genuine goosebumps. 

• Upvote 3