rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
skittles

Mayweather vs. McGregor

McGregor is due to return to the Octagon in December. He's said he'll switch between boxing and MMA but he's landed the biggest purse possible to him in boxing at the first attempt, who else brings Mayweather money?

The shit with Malinaggi is ready-made for a grudge-match sometime next year, but if McGregor gets shown up later, the demand to see him ring again is going to be minimal. Feel like he's cashed his equity in boxing, so will next fulfil his UFC contract (including the Diaz decider) while picking the most appealing non-fight offer on the table, be it acting, endorsements or expanding businesses like his tailoring.

Not hugely into boxing or MMA but would like to see this just for the spectacle - 

I gather I can pay £20 to watch it live on Now TV, but I don't even know if I will be bothered to stay up for it , so are there other options? 

Is it going to be easy enough to find places to see it after the event, tomorrow? Not ethically opposed to less legitimate sources. 

One pub in town is showing it but I don't feel like drinking tonight and it's not the sort of place I'd go to and stay sober. 

Might go and put a tenner on McGregor just because I love an underdog fight, can't see it coming in but will make it more fun. 

Want the irish man to win but it's boxing so he's going to lose (the fight, not the pot of gold) 

• Upvote 1

My heart wants McGregor to win in a storm of excitement but my boxing mind says it's going to be a boring counter jab snoozefest Mayweather win.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gabzy said:

What time should I set my alarm for if I want to wake up for the fight?

Posted in the boxing thread: we've been told at work (TV company) the fight won't start any earlier than 3 GMT / 4 BST, and IMG is expecting a start between 4:30-5 BST.

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, pinholestar said:

If I buy it from Sky to stream via my laptop, how reliable is their player?

I can answer this: reliable but quirky. It only officially works in IE, there is no Firefox of Chrome support. It won't work on my Windows 7 laptop on any browser, however it works in Firefox on my Windows 8 Laptop. I use the Xbox One app with Sky Go Extra which is excellent, currently available on a 2 month free trial.

That said, I'm not paying the Box Office price as I only wish to see the main event, can you gentlemen recommend a cheeky stream? The cheekier the better.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Stinkfish said:

I can answer this: reliable but quirky. It only officially works in IE, there is no Firefox of Chrome support. It won't work on my Windows 7 laptop on any browser, however it works in Firefox on my Windows 8 Laptop. I use the Xbox One app with Sky Go Extra which is excellent, currently available on a 2 month free trial.

That said, I'm not paying the Box Office price as I only wish to see the main event, can you gentlemen recommend a cheeky stream? The cheekier the better.

Cool. Thanks for that. :) I'll probably go for an AceStream in the end.

5 hours ago, Anne Summers said:

Not hugely into boxing or MMA but would like to see this just for the spectacle - 

I gather I can pay £20 to watch it live on Now TV, but I don't even know if I will be bothered to stay up for it , so are there other options? 

Is it going to be easy enough to find places to see it after the event, tomorrow? Not ethically opposed to less legitimate sources. 

One pub in town is showing it but I don't feel like drinking tonight and it's not the sort of place I'd go to and stay sober. 

Might go and put a tenner on McGregor just because I love an underdog fight, can't see it coming in but will make it more fun. 

If you are a member of IPT they usually have MMA fights up faster than other trackers, I am inclined to think this event wont be different, really good quality too. 

10 minutes ago, Nomad said:

If you are a member of IPT they usually have MMA fights up faster than other trackers, I am inclined to think this event wont be different, really good quality too. 

Any chance you can chuck me an invite?

Dolligan@gmail.com

6 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Any chance you can chuck me an invite?

I think I may have one, will send it. 

This subforum is public btw, you may want to remove your email address. 

Edit: 

Sent :) 

The Money Belt

"The belt, which will be claimed by the winner of Saturday's fight, contains 3,360 diamonds, 600 sapphires, 160 emeralds and approximately 3.3 pounds of 24-karat gold, and it also features the names of both combatants."

The Indy 500 had loads of people livestreaming the TV broadcast on Youtube (with it seeming to be easiest to find the links via Twitter) and they weren't getting taken down all that quickly (think I switched three times during a race which lasted hours), so this might be similar. Not that I'm advising such an option.

Apparently if you have any Sky store credit (they gave it out at Christmas and for the new Sky VIP thing) it counts towards the fight if you want to buy it. 

4 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

My heart wants McGregor to win in a storm of excitement but my boxing mind says it's going to be a boring counter jab snoozefest Mayweather win.

Boxing is a sport and defensive boxing is actually what differentiates boxing from a punch up in a pub car park. It's a brutal, nasty, horrible sport sometimes as someone or both will get hurt but people who don't really do boxing going to the boxing or watching it piss me off massively when you see a proper match, nobody gets carried out and they say "that was shit". A counter jab snoozefest is 'boxing'. Some of the best boxing matches I've ever seen went the distance. Mayweather demands respect as he's brilliant.

I've been boxing since I was 6 and despite what I know to be true mastery of the art and flailing I still want to be excited

2 hours ago, Matt Defis said:

Yeah if someone has an ace stream that would be awesome through a PM

I would also enjoy one of these links.

Currently trawling the Oddschecker new account offers on the fight. Paddy Power will do you £1 on Mayweather @20/1, or £1 on MacGregor @40/1 for new customers, I'm going for the Conor one as I think he might pull off the KO upset. Netbet have something similar too, I'm going to grab a few of them.

edit - Netbet are giving 40/1 for Mayweather, and I used the wrong referral link for Paddy's meaning I took the Mayweather offer from them too, 20/1.  Note the max bet is 1 Euro, not 1 Pound, so it lets you stake £1.10 on the promo, adding a crisp 2 pounds to your potential winnings. Now I'll stop talking to myself.

2 hours ago, neoELITE said:

Boxing is a sport and defensive boxing is actually what differentiates boxing from a punch up in a pub car park. It's a brutal, nasty, horrible sport sometimes as someone or both will get hurt but people who don't really do boxing going to the boxing or watching it piss me off massively when you see a proper match, nobody gets carried out and they say "that was shit". A counter jab snoozefest is 'boxing'. Some of the best boxing matches I've ever seen went the distance. Mayweather demands respect as he's brilliant.

Yeah sure Mayweather demands respect for making everyone wait 5 years until he put the world to sleep instead of putting Pac to sleep.  Get over yourself m8.

• Upvote 2

this is FUCKED. Now unnable to log in due to the overwelming volume of requests. 

Reckon we can get a refund if we don't see the whole show?

That was embarrassing from Cleverly, sounds harsh to say it but it was :hat: Paycheck fight if I ever seen one, he knew he had no chance.