IGNORED

Football Thread 2017/18

Plissken

I went to the Chelsea-Roma game and I've gotta say it was great fun. 

The football was so-so, but the goals were great and there was a really good energy in the stadium. Roma should have won it easily but their goalie didn't save anything. I don't how Chelsea didn't lose, they seemed so slow, however Hazard was great. Dzeko's goal was awesome and the Roma fans were noisy and went bonkers when they went 3-2 up.

I also had a chicken curry pie, it was tasty.

They're surprisingly non-lethal at the Bridge aren't they?

And I mean both the team and those pies.

I missed this one because we missed they made the ticket buying window 7am the day after the last home CL game, because they're cunts.

Back there for Everton next week.

On 17/10/2017 at 22:20, Sirloin said:

I love Drinkwater, I just wish he'd gone somewhere he's going to play as he's a fantastic midfielder when he's on song.

Yeah I've no idea what the hell he's doing at Chelsea, he's going to be completely wasted.  If he doesn't start in the CC next week he might as well retire now for all the time he's going to get.

While not blaming Drinkwater et al for taking whatever wheelbarrows of cash are rolled their way, it’s a shame footballers aren’t more modestly paid during and post-career, if only for the random endorsements they signed off for a bit of extra cheddar:

E15D73BC-FF4B-46DE-84AA-CD845AA5A936.jpeg

46 minutes ago, Adrock said:

The Guardian has reported that Sean Dyche would be interested in the Leicester job. I wonder if that's actually true, he has been at Burnley for a while now so maybe he wants a change.

Probably sick from hearing about Mourinho all the time.

7 hours ago, Dudley said:

Yeah I've no idea what the hell he's doing at Chelsea, he's going to be completely wasted.  If he doesn't start in the CC next week he might as well retire now for all the time he's going to get.

He's still injured. (Calf problem)

3 hours ago, Adrock said:

The Guardian has reported that Sean Dyche would be interested in the Leicester job. I wonder if that's actually true, he has been at Burnley for a while now so maybe he wants a change.

Well, the  GINGER MOURINHO will presumably be moving on fairly soon anyway.  My hope is that he stays until the end of this season.  Maybe it is the fan in me, but he doesn't seem the type to down tools right at this point of a season.

(I reckon Everton will be in for him in the summer.)

Just hearing about the messing about during the Everton/Lyon game. Apparently some fan was holding a baby while throwing punches at the Lyon players :lol: wtf? 

Roma are being investigated by UEFA for mobkey chants to, so that'll be a €1500 fine if theyre found guilty

Just seen that footage too - terrible scenes (life ban for the supporter with the child).

I'm sure this will all rebound on Arsenal on Sunday though as Besieged Fortress Goodison sees Rooney score in the first 5 minutes and hold on for the win, cheered to the rafters by a raucous crowd. Or we will suffer (as we do once a season), New Manager Bounce.

3 hours ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Just seen that footage too - terrible scenes (life ban for the supporter with the child).

I'm sure this will all rebound on Arsenal on Sunday though as Besieged Fortress Goodison sees Rooney score in the first 5 minutes and hold on for the win, cheered to the rafters by a raucous crowd. Or we will suffer (as we do once a season), New Manager Bounce.

Or they simply beat us two nil. Or come from behind in the last ten to take all three points. I'm prepared for all those scenarios.

Also, is that true about Leicester? Blimey. You wouldn't believe that.

3 hours ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Ashley Williams was so out if order with that push, lucky there so nuch space to the ad boards. Apparently Koeman iirc said Williams was upset about missing the World Cup and maybe thats why he did it.

23 minutes ago, Dude Ranch said:

Or they simply beat us two nil. Or come from behind in the last ten to take all three points. I'm prepared for all those scenarios.

Also, is that true about Leicester? Blimey. You wouldn't believe that.

Yeah it’s a couple of hundred thousand more than Real. Leicester second highest earners, behind Juve, who got 110 million.

Yep, I think so. We've been an absolute shambles :(

Problem is, changing the manager won't make any difference. We'll get a new one, the chairmen will promise them the earth and no interference and the transfer targets will get away to be replaced by someone recommended by one of Sullivan's agent mates and then Sullivan will start to undermine the manager bit by bit until we're in exactly the same situation as we are now.

Nothing is going to change until GSB are out. 

Well, he tells the chairmen who he wants. Sullivan usually ignores him though and picks the players, hence signings like Ayew who we didn't need but bought because Swansea agreed that Sullivan could pay for him on the hock for about twice the length of a standard mortgage. Any players that Bilic insists we buy Sullivan tries to take the credit for by saying they were his idea i.e. Lanzini and Payet.

We're just an absolute laughing stock.

21 hours ago, Cosmic_Guru said:

Yeah, and Chelsea have them on Wednesday in the cup. I'm highly expecting to be Crystal Palaced in the face.