Sign in to follow this  
Shimmyhill

Knack 2

I think Knack is one of those games the younger but savvy kids flash to their mums on their phones and say "please can I have a PS4 mummy, I want to play this game so bad" Mum looks at said game and thinks "hmm that looks fun and suitable for my 10 year old son" "Ok Billy lets see what Santa brings"

Boxing day in Billy's bedroom Knacks in the drawer and Billy is online talking smack while killing prostitutes in GTA5,

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

Am I the only one who thinks that trailer looks pretty fun?

If it's as good as the first, I'll happily pick it up cheap and play it. Thoroughly enjoyed Knack.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Vemsie said:

Am I the only one who thinks that trailer looks pretty fun?

I think it fixes a lot of the problems of the first game - namely gameplay variation.

Not sure what the problem is - we are in that part of the life-cycle that if the PS4 is to get to 100 million it needs to broaden it's user-base as much as possible. Better than just remastering old platformers endlessly!

• Upvote 1

It hurt my head watching that trailer, it's so devoid of creativity despite desperately trying..

I can imagine the concept meeting going like:

"What does the Japanese market like?"

"Fuck if I know; saw Transformers 2 though last weekend though with Dave and that was sick and get this; Dave showed me this Youtube video of how to make a character out of a million particles... It'd probably use too many resources though and limit our design space too much to be useful..."

"Sold!"

2 minutes ago, Oz said:

this thread is where joy comes to die.:facepalm:

This is a thread about a follow up to Knack, there is and will never be any joy associated with Knack.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Shimmyhill said:

This is a thread about a follow up to Knack, there is and will never be any joy associated with Knack.

why are the mods even allowing this shit show to continue. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Knack's biggest crime is it's a bit dull. My son loved it, completing it three or four times. He's excited for the sequel.

• Upvote 3

On 6/13/2017 at 20:52, Vemsie said:

X4Uefup.gif

There should be a version of that where he leans to one side, falls over and smashes into pieces.....but never actually gets back up....ever.

I will be getting Knack 2 for my birthday it seems, if I can hold off another 2 weeks. 

I genuinely loved playing Knack and can't wait for the sequel to launch. 

• Upvote 4

Yep. Play it on hard, it's tough as nails and a lot of fun. Really enjoyed it. Probably one of the most cynically disparaged games this gen.

Cue cynical disparagement.

• Upvote 1

The problem with Knack, apart from it being something people find amusing to scorn deserved or not (I've no idea on that front, not played it), is that for what's evidently intended to be a big character it's got much character. It's like that Super Lucky game (albeit not that bad on that front), it's just kind of there and it makes it all look a bit substandard from that point of view. If it were on SNES, it'd be a Bubsy or any number of those sort of wannabe Mario games, something that wants to but just doesn't drip character in the way it hopes. Given how easy it is to fail it must be a pretty hard thing to bottle and realise, but it can and has been done.