Sign in to follow this  
Shimmyhill

Knack 2

18 minutes ago, Hello Goaty ♥ said:

Its not much different to the original, and that was nice enough!

They have added QTE events aka Shenmue though. which is bad. 

This is the quote that should appear on the Originals box.

Bought this for my two boys (aged 6 and 8). I played the original with my oldest when he was 3 or 4 and have fond memories as it was the first game we played through together.

Knack 2 is more of the same, and compared to the 4k HDR loveliness of Uncharted and Racket and Klank looks really quite fugly. It seems mostly the same assets as the first game.The in game cuts scenes are ok but when playing it all feels really thin and cheap. And as others have said - despite all the production design the whole game is pretty characterless.

despite all this my two boys are addicted and even I find it strangely compelling.

Interestingly, I think the high frame rate mode in Knack 2 is achieved by halving the physics framerate for some objects.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-knack-2-and-how-it-exploits-ps4-pro-features

"Of course, it does highlight one performance-saving technique on display here - half-rate physics. When large physics interactions occur, the objects tend to update at half the frame-rate resulting in less fluid motion. It's not a big deal, but it is an interesting way to conserve resources. "

Picked this up over Black Friday and by what i played upto yet, I`m really enjoying it.

Doesn`t have much depth in its combat system, but it`s nice sometimes just to have a quick pick up and play game you can get stuck into in shorts bursts without remembering where you left of from last time and what button does what.

Has plenty of platforming within the levels to fill out the combat sections and reminds me of the earlier days of videogames in its execution.  Graphically looks lush aswell.

Overall well worth picking up on the cheap if your after a platformer/beat em up up can chuck on for half hour here and there

• Upvote 1

I laughed for years. Knack? PS PLUS? Really? Then it finally happened and it came on Ps PLUS last summer.

I played it, I loved it, I finished it. The same day I finished it I bought Knack II on sale from the store. I put about 15 minutes into it. At the time you could CLEARLY see and feel the upgrade.

I moved on to something eles but I/ve had Knack II sitting there all this time ,untouched, since August.

Decided to start a game yesterday despite having pre ordered Ace Combat, that can wait. This is just pure bush bash bosh fun.

Currently on chapter 4.

• Upvote 1