rllmuk
Sidewaysbob

Motorspot chat - No dull F1 though

52 minutes ago, marsh said:

Within the last decade....there's five f1 failures in the brazillian touring cars right now. That's a bit harsh on Rubens perhaps...?

Well yes.  If you allow me open wheel failures we've got a lot more of course.  Cammish and Jelley for two.  Although Cammish's failure was very much one of budget.

And I'll let you count Rubens because you didn't pick me up on using Nigel.

Hey @Dudley my two little girls have a question for you, whats happened to Catie Munnings and who is Grace Webb from series 2 of CBeebies' "Catie's Grace's Amazing Machines" All I can find is Catie may have a deal with Red Bull to further her rallying career, but what category would she be in, and we know Grace is a "motorcycle rider" but does she ride competetively and if so, what series/discipline? Because they're very keen to see them race now

I've done a bit of googling but you seem to be the guy who knows more about female motorsport competitors

I actually don't recognise either name but apparently Catie attempted the 3rd tier of the European Rally Championship this year with, to put it mildly, limited success. Her teammate's worst finish was better than her best. Given she's been at this level several years I don't want to get down on anyone I hardly know but her record isn't promising.

Grace I barely believe exists. I'm guessing she's just a presenter who happens to be able to ride.

That's a shame, it'd be a great opportunity for kids to see someone they recognise competing, my 4 year old loves motorbikes but the likes of Jenny Tinmouth and Maria Costello barely get any mention in TV coverage for the TT (despite the latter having a senior role in its organisation now and still competing)

Jenny was a much better TT rider than she ever was a track rider, she spent several years in he BSB, some on works machinery struggling to score points.  To be fair, she was getting on a bit in bike rider terms by that point.

Definetly, she didnt get much attention on TV coverage of the TT though either and was mostly before my younger two came around (and its only really the youngest who likes motorcycle racing, my middle daughter isn't interested, my eldest loved F1 but mostly as a fan of Mark Webber)