Monster Hunter: World

Just started playing this, totally sucked in already. I can see it's going to be a massive time sink

Couple of noob questions...

Do monsters run off and heal themselves? I found one monster eating an egg and figured he was getting his health back.

What do you do with a Wyvern egg? I found them but picking it up makes you super slow and I'm not sure where to take it?

In multi-player do the monsters healths vastly increase or do they generally die quicker?

1 hour ago, Goemon said:

Just started playing this, totally sucked in already. I can see it's going to be a massive time sink

Couple of noob questions...

Do monsters run off and heal themselves? I found one monster eating an egg and figured he was getting his health back.

What do you do with a Wyvern egg? I found them but picking it up makes you super slow and I'm not sure where to take it?

In multi-player do the monsters healths vastly increase or do they generally die quicker?

By no means a monster hunter expert but if I remember rightly:

1. I think they slowly regain a capped amount of health and also stamina.

2. There are quests where you have to deliver them -- I guess taking them back to camp will also let you sell them.

3. It scales, but I think only once (Ie. it scales if you have 2+ players, not one increase for 2, another for 3, and even more for 4).

I'm at the point where I can go fight Nergigante but would definitely need to grind first -- had a pootle around the elder's recess but not done anything there of note.

I feel like I'm maybe reaching the point where I put it down. But then I've said that three or four times before now.

Maybe it's time for me to jump in and do everything multiplayer to speed it along a little.

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, Mr Ben said:

I can see why people say I shouldnt have crafted all the low rank armour now that I'm in HR. I essentially have to farm all over again.

Oh well.

I did exactly the same, glad I did learnt loads and great fun, there is no rush to run out of content. There a lot more sets at HR too.

Yeah, I learned a lot of the monsters attack patterns, as well as got a lot of the rare low rank materials (looking at you Rathalos plates!), so dont need to farm those as much in high rank.

Just encountered Bagelmoose for the first time. I've seen videos, he's going to be a total troll.

• Upvote 1

You need to be faster if you're trying to kill them and they aren't the target of the quest or you're in an expedition.

Use investigations if you want monsters to hang around indefinitely during an exploration.

• Upvote 2

Grrr. This last dude with the blue wings is annoying. I just keep running out of time, he’s not hard just bloody boring. Any tells on when he’s nearly out? I’m close to SOSing this one just to get it over eith

Had a couple of hours with this today. Killed Toby Kadachi after carting once, first attempt.

Anjanath was a tough bastard, carted twice and then finally learned to hide with the cloak of invisibility as soon as his fire breathing came out. Still did it on the first attempt though.

I don't fancy farming Anjanath though, far too difficult and the only for resisting armour currently available is crap.

I haven't used any armour spheres yet, shall I keep hoarding them?

Minor spoiler, but those spheres come in different classes, form low - the ones you have now - to top tier. Spend the low ones you have on armor you fancy right now, because why not :)

You killed Anjanath without upgraded armour? Nicely done.

Finally completed a capture mission there after youtubing how to do it (45 hours in!). If anything it's easier than a hunt, you don't have to deal with the rage induced desperation moves of a dying enemy, and you're rewarded with more loot!

1 hour ago, Adrock said:

Had a couple of hours with this today. Killed Toby Kadachi after carting once, first attempt.

Anjanath was a tough bastard, carted twice and then finally learned to hide with the cloak of invisibility as soon as his fire breathing came out. Still did it on the first attempt though.

I don't fancy farming Anjanath though, far too difficult and the only for resisting armour currently available is crap.

I haven't used any armour spheres yet, shall I keep hoarding them?

I've been cheating slightly and repeating the HZD Event by responding to SOS calls which have players with the highest HR who are very efficient at killing him quickly and has made farming a lot less painful. 

I really need to get ps+, I don't play the PS4 enough to justify it really but the game is amazing. I've had it since launch and have managed under 12 hours, the online would be excellent fun.

I think I'll upgrade the armour as far as I can and try Anjanath again.

1 hour ago, hughes said:

You killed Anjanath without upgraded armour? Nicely done.

He's not alone. The first time I upgraded my armour was when I had the full Legiana set. Still not upgraded any other than that now I've started High Rank.

Like ryodi says, I kill everything once on my own, then just do SoS's if I want to farm the drops, unless I cant get any SoS's for that monster, then I do investigations.

I made the Nergi Dual Blades the other day and an armor set to go with them, what a difference after playing Hunting Horn since the start, things seems to die about ten times faster.....
They are also amazing for makign money with Bandit Mantle.
I have no skills with them it's pure button mashing ;p
Next I think I'm going to make a hulking great greatsword (Leviathan probably) as I've been doing the Arena quests with a friend which force you to use certain weapons, I seemed to get on with the GS really well after being so used to slow timed attacks with the HH and the massive CHOP is very gratifying.

Regarding armor spheres, you get millions of them, upgrade away. I hoarded mine pointlessly until well into HR, don't repeat my mistakes, use em!

Reading online seems I've accidentally constructed one of the best armour sets for longsword already. 

Ogda with the eye patch instead of the helm.  I'm farming the Bazel set at the moment because I love the idea of level 5 earplugs, but it's taken some of the excitement out knowing that I may well not need to change my armour now for most of high rank.

It works really well, because the set bonus gives you sharpness protection after using your wetstone and the set also has quick sharpening, so you basically never lose sharpness. 

Got some critical eye and weakness exploit on it so it hits really nicely. 

I'm using a sword that has high raw damage as I understand this works best with crits? Am I right on this ? 

Edit: Find Bazeltwat hard to fight sometimes because his legs are so long I don't land my hits, and he has a knack of moving out of the way really fast too.

Best armour is whatever makes me look the coolest. Right now I prance around Val Hazaak's set. Ain't got no time to worry about minus fire defense, I have fire enemies to kill whilst looking badass.

• Upvote 2

Think I'm going to craft up a nice bow and try that for a while. I love my charge blades, but feel a bit of variety would be nice, and also possibly make the Xeno'Jiiva fight a bit less annoying - finding his angry mode a pain in close combat. Any good tips for a good bow to tackle him with?

Approaching 100 hours on this now, and honestly can't see me stopping playing any time soon. It's going to take something special to knock this off my top spot for GOTY

Just got to the last elder  and don't think I've used a single armour sphere in the whole game yet, oops. Best rectify that sharpish!

Had some great hunts last night with an obviously accomplished horn player and that is a brilliant weapon which I've seen (or heard!) little of so far. Was going to go for a Lance next but very tempted to give it a go. Is it tough to learn?