Monster Hunter: World

11 minutes ago, ann coulter said:

@mechamonkey what do you mean when you refer to Betelgeuse 29, 49 Kirin etc?

It's the HR those quests open up at...bit more info in spoilers in case anyone cares

Tempered version of monsters for endgame content, so scaled up damage to insane levels.

One of my favourite things in this is just how intimidating it makes everything.

Every NPC got really edgy with the ‘Woah, you don’t want to get ready before you travel deeper into wherever?’ that I did side stuff for a couple of evenings. 

Only to find it’s a cutscene that opens a new quest against a big scary thing. 

So big and scary, in fact, that it’s right back to the side quests again...

I was doing the Rotten Vale Zorah Magdoros stuff the other night, and its been pretty quiet for the past 20 minutes or so. Then the handler has to ruin it and yell when finding the big rock thing near the bottom - scared the crap outta me! :lol:

41 minutes ago, bobontheway said:

Kushala Daora down on the first try! Love the look of the armour and Great Sword so my Fashion Hunter journey has new targets. 

8 minutes ago, Ghost Pirate 101 said:

Pink Rathian down! Took 30 minutes and a couple of carts. Legiana insisted on getting in the way constantly which didn't help... 

I demand googly eye posts of vanquished monsters. 

I haven't been having much trouble with the HR monsters so far, pukey, barroth, Ku, Anjanath and fishy have all fallen without any trouble.

One of my favorite things in this is when fishy gets into a turf war, the way he attacks, winding his way round the other monster is superbly done.

2 hours ago, wretcherd said:

Had enormous fun on the Deep Green Blues event with a pal, 5 forest beasties one after another, turf wars permitting.

I went straight through, he was back to camp inbetween to get changed like Lady Gaga or something.

I absolutely loved that quest. I hope they do more of those as it was really refreshing to just go from monster to monster without any real breaks.

My friend and I did the Red and Blue Rathalos quest the other day and with a regular Rathian flying about it was beautiful carnage at times.

6 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

My entire night tonight has been one fail after another, oh and hunting down actual dung.

The Elder Melder sells Dung Pods. You can use all sorts of baby Monster parts (which i'm sure you'll have excess amounts of) as ingredients for the conversion. 

Had a few more attempts as 49 Kirin, just don't call in an SOS if you do it, absolute disaster every time, just had an attempt and someone joined after I'd almost killed him, barrel bombed the snot out of him, then this other person runs up and dies to his first attack ending the quest, *ragequit*

25 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

Had a few more attempts as 49 Kirin, just don't call in an SOS if you do it, absolute disaster every time, just had an attempt and someone joined after I'd almost killed him, barrel bombed the snot out of him, then this other person runs up and dies to his first attack ending the quest, *ragequit*

I believe in you! You can do this!

I realised today that i'd been getting too caught up with Youtube videos and the same min/maxed (mixed set) builds everyone is running at end game. And i basically said "fuck that!"

Rule No.1: You have to look good! Fashion Souls reigns supreme.
Rule No. 2: Stick to what you know weapon-wise until you have enough rare mats to forge end-game alternatives.
Rule No.3: Enjoy yourself! Don't grind just because. Mix it up. Play some LR and kick arse.
Rule No.4: Single player is easy-peasy, but lobbies with friends are king!

I'm happy, so yeah. Enjoy! x