Monster Hunter: World

Using a voucher on investigations with increased money rewards is a good way to get a quick cash boost. Depending on the investigation, you can get over 60,000 zenny each attempt and more. Also be sure to sell your items marked Trade-In as that's what they are for (also, requesting trade-in items from the argosy is essentially a way to convert points into zenny if you sell that stuff). You can also grow a shitload of might seeds and sell them for a steady trickle of cash.

• Upvote 2
55 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

Has anyone got any cash making tips? I use bandit mantle but its a bit cack with a slow moving bagpipeodeath.
I'm constantly skint.

Are you selling common monster parts that you don't need?   Just look through your item box and if you have more than 10 of a part, then it’s probably safe to offload a few.

• Upvote 1

Finally made HR , and got into the exclusive XBox squad. It's quality not quantity ! :) 

It feels like starting all over again! The HR bone Armour seems quite good, but I'm in a right mix trying to combine good skills from the limited stuff I have available atm.

I did the power couple quest last night as well, really good fun. 

17 minutes ago, Mortis said:

I really need to get back into this on the bone - life getting in the way of monster hunting. Hopefully be on at 8ish tonight and try to take down that pink anjanath.

I'd offer to help but I suspect I'm under powered at this point!

11 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

Has anyone got any cash making tips? I use bandit mantle but its a bit cack with a slow moving bagpipeodeath.
I'm constantly skint.

Sell parts, ore, (do you need 300 iron ore? I don't think so) and trade in items (can't see any other use form them)

Look for investigations you have that give loads of cash (37k is my highest)

Consider if you can do without fainting which massively reduces rewards...an easier 20k, might be better to run that a harder 25k

Use a voucher to double money rewards

Solo - you don't want to split your loot with randoms right? And more randoms means more people who can faint

Argosy - you can set it to just bring Trade in Items back, but that might be a poor point->money conversation rate.

• Upvote 1
On 17/02/2018 at 22:49, Mrs Horribleman said:

Yeah me too. Was using switch axe for s long time but great sword kills it.  

I keep forgetting you can block with it. I'm gonna need to watch some tutorial videos to learn all about the best combos and the tackle thing.

I keep forgetting you can block with it. I'm gonna need to watch some tutorial videos to learn all about the best combos and the tackle thing.

EDIT: Triple post dunno what happened there :hmm:

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Sell parts, ore, (do you need 300 iron ore? I don't think so) and trade in items (can't see any other use form them)

Look for investigations you have that give loads of cash (37k is my highest)

Consider if you can do without fainting which massively reduces rewards...an easier 20k, might be better to run that a harder 25k

Use a voucher to double money rewards

Solo - you don't want to split your loot with randoms right? And more randoms means more people who can faint

Argosy - you can set it to just bring Trade in Items back, but that might be a poor point->money conversation rate.

Bingo! Ore sale proved very fruitful :) That and the sale of monster parts mentioned above
I use HH so I tend to go with a group, otherwise it takes forever :(

1 hour ago, Strategos said:

Finally made HR , and got into the exclusive XBox squad. It's quality not quantity ! :) 

It feels like starting all over again! The HR bone Armour seems quite good, but I'm in a right mix trying to combine good skills from the limited stuff I have available atm.

I did the power couple quest last night as well, really good fun. 

Ha ha. Exclusive. :)

There are 4 of us now (and more lurking I’m sure!) and we will try and get a few sessions this week. 

I'm not like after Anjanath, which was incredibly intimidating but not that hard. Still sticking with Sword and Shield, although I should probably try to mix it up a little. I just don't want to have to spend my precious resources on different weapons :( 

Not tried multiplayer once yet, partly because I'm crap and don't want to let the side down. Am I missing the greatest that this game has to offer?

Re weapons, you could equip the basic models and take them to the training area, or on a very low level hunt, to get the measure of how they are used in anger.  Sword and Shield can be fantastic when you play its strengths, but you don't get to experience the fantastic bullying of a hammer, nor landing a level 3 great sword charge and getting a break at the same time :) 

Monster Hunter MP can be right up there with the best co-op games, depends on your team mates.  Its always a good way to see different weapons, armours, tactics etc etc.  You can just play it defensively and aim not to cart/ fight an earlier monster, so dont worry about letting the side down!

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Len said:

Bank holiday today so I shall be on for some monster hunting later. And from those excellent tip earlier, making some cash. How on earth did you get 1m zenny @Curtis? I struggle to sit on 20-30k atm.

I made 300k on last clean out of parts/items. 

And then blew it all getting my Diablos bow upgraded and Augmenting Armor :lol:

I imagine you could cheese achieve by selling everything to 1million, getting achievement and then quickly turning console off.

• Upvote 1

I'm always running out of basic items, chillshrooms and mandragora in particular.

Is there any way to get the Botanist to grow these between quests?  They're not in the list at the moment (I have both in my item box).  Or is it just a case of trudging around and refreshing supplies every so often?

1 minute ago, Garwoofoo said:

I'm always running out of basic items, chillshrooms and mandragora in particular.

Is there any way to get the Botanist to grow these between quests?  They're not in the list at the moment (I have both in my item box).  Or is it just a case of trudging around and refreshing supplies every so often?

Maybe you'll get more options as the game progresses.

1 minute ago, Garwoofoo said:

I've been wondering the same. I can harvest Bitterbugs but none of the others.