Monster Hunter: World

It may not be the weapon for everyone but if someone is finding the regular sword/sword shield stuff a bit vanilla I'd highly recommend the insect glaive. It's pretty unique and interesting to use, albeit requiring a bit of micromanagement during combat. I was finding the longsword a bit boring until I switched. Also I'm sure it's the extra mobility that meant I didn't find the Anjanath too troublesome compared to some other people because I don't think I'm particularly skilled at this. 

17 minutes ago, Len said:

Are you dumping it all out of your pouch in to your box after each outing?

Er no. Thanks!

Just took down the Barroth, he was a bit of a bitch. I noticed Pedro my Palico was poisoning him, I want to do that! I feel like I don't understand many of the systems, like how do I select which ammo to use in my sling?

• Upvote 1
38 minutes ago, Minion said:

Thanks. Another silly question, is there a decent way to manage your inventory? I'm leaving a lot of stuff as am already full.

Go to your item box, and put 10 Mega Potions in your Pouch. Add 10 Potions, 10 Herbs, 10 Honey, 10 Antidotes, 10 Nullberries, and 5 Well-done Steaks. Everything else goes back into the box. Then, press Start/Options to Manage Loadouts. Triangle/Y to Register Loadout. Call it Default, or whatever you like. Now, before any regular hunt, walk to your item box, and use this loadout. It will put these into your Pouch, and anything else back into the box.

Obviously, as the game progresses you'll set more loadouts, dependent upon what you actually intend to hunt. So, you might add some Flash Pods for Rathalos, some Traps and Tranqs for Capture missions, etc. The beauty is you can save 40 loadouts, and switch between them at any box. And there's a similar thing for your equipment sets, too. Register it once, you can change to it any time you're at a box.

• Upvote 5
1 minute ago, Captain LeChuck said:

The game really annoyed me just now. I was hunting a Rathalos in the ancient forest. It took off, I chased after and clicked to lock on (which you absolutely need for the glaive). Did it lock on to the Rathalos that was right in front of me, taking up half the screen?  Did it fuck. It locked into the Anjanath that was way over yonder behind a big fucking tree. :facepalm:

I use glaive I dont use lock on at all.  Sorry to Donut I was trying  to use a flash grenade on the bird but the damn thing wasnt equipped.

7 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

The game really annoyed me just now. I was hunting a Rathalos in the ancient forest. It took off, I chased after and clicked to lock on (which you absolutely need for the glaive). Did it lock on to the Rathalos that was right in front of me, taking up half the screen?  Did it fuck. It locked into the Anjanath that was way over yonder behind a big fucking tree. :facepalm:

What button did you use to lock on?

11 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

R3 I clicked. I know what happened, clicking it selected the Anjanath on the bottom of the screen, and because it was "in range" the camera locked on.

But it really did fuck me over. Rathalos killed me. 

If you haven't already, select target camera in options, tap L1 to continue tracking the monster you've selected. 

And try to position yourself better when attacking, weapon depending. 

spent the entire evening fighting Nergigante for a gem to get the final upgrade on his charge blade, did it drop? Nope! 

Was fun seeing how people have figured him out tho, one brilliant fight only took 7 mins think we had a LBG user and a hunting horn it was a really well balanced group. 

48 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

You don't need the lock on for any weapon. 

Rathalos and Diablos down, both fights took longer than they should have done. Diablos because he spazzed out and had me running back and forth between two areas, and Rathalos because the damn Scoutflies spazzed out and decided to track Tobi Kadachi halfway through the bloody fight. Looks like there's about to be another Zorah Magdaros slogathon next, and really can't be bothered with that tonight.

When it's not trying to actively screw the player over, this really is the most wonderful thing. There are a few little annoyances, but they all just sail away into the horizon the very second you give giant bastard a face-full of pain!

Switched from insect glaive to switch axe and  beat that 'the training wheels come off now' anjanath who was giving me problems, and then the quest after him. 

I really appreciate how varied the weapons are, feels like there is always something different to play with. I prefer the Glaive but the Switch Axe is pretty enjoyable too. 

• Upvote 2

Can someone explain how the investigations with the bounty people relate to the investigations on the quest board as that has me totally confused. Or maybe they don't?  You can tick/untick them and I thought maybe that might make them appear on the quest board but no so what's that all about?

2 minutes ago, Len said:

Can someone explain how the investigations with the bounty people relate to the investigations on the quest board as that has me totally confused. Or maybe they don't?  You can tick/untick them and I thought maybe that might make them appear on the quest board but no so what's that all about?

They ought to appear. Go to Manage investigations and tick a few. But it sounds like you did that already .

• Upvote 1

As mrpranny says, they're one and the same. You tick the ones you want from the resource centre people, then pick which one to do from the bounty board. You can do them from the board in town, or out on expeditions.

• Upvote 1

I get what they were going for with the investigation list, so you can tailor a shortlist for the area you're heading to. In the end though its just a faff, plus you can't sort the list in any way which is infuriating. I find those abstract monster icons hard to read too.

• Empathy 1

I usually just pick out investigations based on what monster parts I need or if I need a cash injection (using a voucher on an investigation that has an increased cash reward). They're basically the games way of offering randomly generated quests, though some filtering options would be nice.

4 minutes ago, Hexx said:

3 way fight last night between a Ratholos and 2 Rathains.

I hid in a bush.

I was on a Rathalos fight last night and Rathian and Bazelguese kept turning up together. Rathian was there to defend Rathalos but Bazel just wanted to start shit with everyone. It was mayhem and incredible fun.

• Upvote 1