IGNORED

Monster Hunter: World

Yoshimax

It's the mode when you exit demon mode and the blades continue to glow - you get a slightly different moveset and can continue to rain attacks down while your stamina recovers. Unlike other weapons where stamina running out makes you pause to recover.

God, my playtime is already over 13 hours! I'm absolutely adoring this game. 

So far I've settled on LS for solo play and bow for group content. It's so satisfying to launch a rocket arrow and hear that ping for every tick as it goes down the body of the mob.

When you can throw off 3 of those in a row, it's just bliss.

Can't believe I've missed out on the bow for so long due to the lack of a second stick.

2 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Any bow tips :)

Yeah, to add to the above. Always follow a charged shot with circle.

And when you dodge, Circle will do a quick shot as a retaliation. And triangle will do a melee attack that can mount on hit.

Quart from that, really focus on getting you x and circle move to hit the monster as many times as possible on its flight. Mouth to tail if possible. 

5 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Any bow tips :)

Remember to press y (Triangle for the specials) when you change coatings. This is crucial.

The rain of spiked balls attack can knock a monster down. Use it lots. If in doubt get off a load of b attacks (o). The dragon shot apparently goes straight through a monster so if you can hit it lengthways it does more damage.

Nothing I’m not doing then. Phew.

Although groups complain the barrage from above hits them too!

I was charge shorting too much I think. Quick shot is good.

And charge dodge after any shot is brill.

5 minutes ago, Flub said:

I'm pretty sure there's no friendly fire.

There is full on friendly fire, think every weapon has a move or two that knocks people over/interrupts, the Longsword used to be famous for it and the Greatsword swing can knock people into the air (sometimes leading to a mount) when I am lancing I get constantly hit by people, this is partly why players should spread out around the Monsters for example, Hammer gets head, Greatsword gets tail.

7 minutes ago, Mortis said:

Healing while standing next to the target - they don’t like living very much do they :)

Yeah but apparently it’s all my fault :P

I don’t think there’s damage but you can stagger/flinch (interrupt combos maybe)

5 minutes ago, Orko said:

Hahaha no friendly fire :lol:

This game has the BEST friendly fire! You catch someone wrong with a hammer, greatsword or long sword and they go FLYING. Doesn't hurt them, but It's hilarious!

kOxAQLo.gif

I meant damage wise but that looks damn good fun

I stumbled across one of those yesterday (Wyvern egg) and thought I could just end my expedition and my fella would huff it back home automatically! A touch naive I feel as he nonchalantly dropped it to smash on the floor and flew off! :D

Fantastic game, so glad I picked it up!

5 minutes ago, Purin said:

Any update on the Xbox matchmaking. Holding off from buying this until it's sorted.

Not as yet but invites from friends, joining games from the guide, LFG and session codes all work so there's ways around for some co-op fun.  Also it's still damn good fun in the SP mode and would give you a chance to find a weapon that fits your playstyle - join uuuuusssssss.

This is absolutely consuming me, it's all I can think about, work has been a complete right off... This version of MH has finally been the one to convert me too.

Regarding friendly fire, I've been using the hunting horn and you can get some good hits in while performing or doing an encore, I've definitively sent people flying weaving performances and encores in up close....

Tried bow for a bit earlier as I needed some wyvern wing bits or something like that really didn't enjoy it nearly as much fun as up close bagpipe twatting.