Monster Hunter: World

5 minutes ago, ravnaz said:

Broth. First time take down. 36mins.

No idea if this is a good time. 

I think Barroth is the point where new players are either going to fall in love or run home crying. 36 minutes is, in my opinion, a very reasonable first time.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

I think Barroth is the point where new players are either going to fall in love or run home crying. 36 minutes is, in my opinion, a very reasonable first time.

Well I'm still here :D

He certainly took the longest so far

I'm now trying to work out some character builds....

#IAmAllIn

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, Majora said:

I stumbled across the grimalkyne in the first world completely by accident on an expedition. The reward your cat gets is well worth it. More useful than it occasionally healing you, I think, though ymmv. 

Yeh, I don't think mine was that or a tailrider. Was definitely another, named palico. Most odd.

1 minute ago, Len said:

Yeh, I don't think mine was that or a tailrider. Was definitely another, named palico. Most odd.

Other people's palicos turn up in your game. Curtis's palico turned up in mine after we co-oped a couple of times. Your own palico befriends it and they both assist you, as though one isn't bad enough.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, ann coulter said:

Other people's palicos turn up in your game. Curtis's palico turned up in mine after we co-oped a couple of times. Your own palico befriends it and they both assist you, as though one isn't bad enough.

Thanks! Must have been from some jolly co-op earlier in the day.

So tobi and anj fell without a cart. I'm guessing end game and high rank is where the game gets tough?

Annoyed I've not got no anj investigations and I've taken him down twice so far once on an expedition and once in the story quest?

So why can't I farm him now hmm game? Yes I've been collecting footprints and spit.

The investigation found marker comes up in game but when I go  to register nothing there? Any ideas? 

Check for SOS Flares, or other open Assigned quests. Someone will post for help with Anj, for definite. There are also page sfter page of investigations, I have 6 at the moment. Surely you've got one somewhere? Might be in a "Kill all monsters" investigation with some others.

23 minutes ago, cassidy said:

So tobi and anj fell without a cart. I'm guessing end game and high rank is where the game gets tough?

Annoyed I've not got no anj investigations and I've taken him down twice so far once on an expedition and once in the story quest?

So why can't I farm him now hmm game? Yes I've been collecting footprints and spit.

The investigation found marker comes up in game but when I go  to register nothing there? Any ideas? 

High rank isn't even end game. Low rank is basically easy mode, high rank is normal (and unless they've dramatically lowered the difficulty, you will see it start to get tougher) and G rank is hard mode/end game, where you'll do stuff like fight new monsters you've not seen in the low and high rank, as well as variant versions of the regular monsters which have new abilities and are much tougher. There's plenty of game and it gets really tough. 

53 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

Check for SOS Flares, or other open Assigned quests. Someone will post for help with Anj, for definite. There are also page sfter page of investigations, I have 6 at the moment. Surely you've got one somewhere? Might be in a "Kill all monsters" investigation with some others.

Not online at moment. Not in my list either and there are pages. I'll crack on with the story see what happens. 

It's totally worth doing the Grimalkyne quests too.

When you find enough doodles then head out on an expedition you can get the quests from their HQs. They give you new items other than Vigorwasp Spray for your palico.

I've gotten the ones from the first two zones so far, and I have the quest for the third one. Certainly worth checking out.

• Upvote 2
17 hours ago, Anth said:

@Big Swifty @CheekyLee Plenty of room in the rllmuk squad I setup. Have to get into the same online session to add you though so add me on PSN at AnthB and I will invite you in to a session.

Might also be worth setting up an open 16 player session, then post the ID here so people can drop in and get squad invites that way.

This is the best game.

• Upvote 3
14 minutes ago, Lyrical Donut said:

Might also be worth setting up an open 16 player session, then post the ID here so people can drop in and get squad invites that way.

This is the best game.

Good idea will do that tonight.

I can't recommend this enough: if you want the classic challenge, do single player hunts alone without your palico. Legiana took me forty minutes to kill, with two carts and all my health potions and even an ancient potion used. Toughest hunt yet but so, so satisfying when I landed that last hammer blow to its head.