rllmuk
Yoshimax

Monster Hunter: World

Just a tip to those who might not know, adding other players multiplies the hit points of the target monster, so it's often MUCH easier and faster to solo them (and with new Palico revive safer!)
Using Gunlance or a HBG with shield customizations/decorations (to lvl3) should help greatly. Tigrex is pretty easy to kill with aerial insect glaive moves too if you fancy a crack at that (takes a little longer but fun!)
Don't sleep on collecting canteen ingredients either, you can eat for Feyline Insurance to give yourself an additional cart or use Palico Vigourwasp to revive you.

45 minutes ago, Hexx said:

Is there any point (or method) to the Steamworks beyond button mash for free stuff?

I too would like to know this. It seems like such an inane and unnecessary addition that I suspect I'm missing something. The game already gives you too much free shit via the Argosy captain (don't hunt monsters - just buy parts!) and the ability to forge the likes of rare monster gems (don't hunt monsters - just craft rare stuff from all your junk!). And yeah, now the buttonmash forge. It's like Capcom doesn't want you to play new Monster Hunter as much as old Monster Hunter. Come to think of it, I'm kind of with them on that. ;)

Nothing other than free stuff for holding down R2.

The winter event was handing out steamworks tickets to exchange for random decos, which was nice. Still didn't get a Guard Up, mind. 

Coral Puki Puki can do one.

No one else causes much issues (about 8 monsters past him in the quest) but that fucker and his sprays :quote:

• Upvote 1

Yian Garuga's bouncy wings can also do one; I'll not be fighting that again.

*looks at its leg armour with Critical Eye 2 and 3 slots, and its Light Bow Gun with rapid fire Pierce 2 AND Sticky 2, and 20% affinity*

I'll be fighting that again.

• Upvote 1

PC mods are back for Iceborne, pard! Here are some of the most useful ones if you don't want to have to dig through all the *ahem*visual aids for one-handed players on Nexus Mods.

Visual mods

These can be dropped into a nativePC folder in the Monster Hunter: World game directory just like the olden days.

(now-)Naughty mods

Use at your own peril! Or only use offline if you're wary.

Iceborne's new anti-cheat stuff prevents you from changing the game in certain ways using the nativePC folder, such as editing shop inventory, replacing audio assets and, well... flat out cheats. In order to restore that functionality, you need to use the Stracker's Loader mod, which kills the anti-cheat threads. I've seen reports of this incidentally fixing high CPU usage for some people. If you expand the Requirements section for this mod on its Nexus Mods page, you can see all the naughty mods which require it.

re the new festival which is now out :

Quick and easy way to get VIP Gratitude Tickets

Equip full Astral armor with geologist/botanist.

Run the Flora Frostbite MR event quest, start at Camp 15.

You can get the quest done in 2-3 Frozen Foliage.

• Upvote 1

Capturing 6 Pearl Macques is pretty quick too - just spawn at Western Camp and you can normally get all from the nearby hot spring.

So now I look amazing in my White Tux :wub:

Namille was a ridiculously pretty fight. Mixed up some new mechanics as well - but was pretty easy if you came prepared. Felt bad to kill it. But it had to be done....for science?

Ruined Negante can fuck right off though

• Upvote 1

Ruiner Nergigante defeated at 12.30am in the bloody morning. :ph34r:

Really not a fan of the "1 fuck up and you're dead" style quests but as (presumably) end game approaches we see more.

WTF is this next thing? :D 

28 minutes ago, Hexx said:

WTF is this next thing? :D 

You'll either get a decent group and breeze it or cry onto your controller swearing for hours ;p 
I advise not trying to solo it :)

2 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

You'll either get a decent group and breeze it or cry onto your controller swearing for hours ;p 
I advise not trying to solo it :)

I've soloed every monster the first time. (I got grumpy with BVH and tried a group. The group were awful so I went back solo). I'd like to continue that if I can.

It was annoying to be thrown in with "no" prep time (or item refresh).

But the RE build did ok

The first phase didn't seem too bad just long. But assuming Dragon attack wasn't best to break rock. 

The second phase was going ok - nice big criticalable wings (again no idea if Dragon was good) but then they combined to deliver some sort of Omni beam and one shot me :lol: Then I went to bed.

• Upvote 1

Can anyone explain the Guiding Lands to me?

So I hunt monsters in explore mode, to level it up, to get different or tempered monsters (in explore mode) in a cycle?

Do you earn investigations of the later monsters for other zones? Or will they only ever been in the GL (that seems restrictive)

1 hour ago, bobontheway said:

Just when I thought I was getting to grips with Rajang...

Rajang is insane. I've nipped past him and did Stirgin Zinogre on attempt 1 without any challenge.

The Sifa raid is quite fun - but it's going tomorrow :( So not going to have any chance to upgrade my weapons.

I'm assuming Great Spiritvein Gems are from GL Tempered Elders? I can't spawn them yet...not being able to upgrade armor since I started GL is really starting to grate. (Going back to Augmented R9-11 ones still seems to give less def then unaugment r12s)

3 hours ago, Hexx said:

Rajang is insane. I've nipped past him and did Stirgin Zinogre on attempt 1 without any challenge.

The Sifa raid is quite fun - but it's going tomorrow :( So not going to have any chance to upgrade my weapons.

I'm assuming Great Spiritvein Gems are from GL Tempered Elders? I can't spawn them yet...not being able to upgrade armor since I started GL is really starting to grate. (Going back to Augmented R9-11 ones still seems to give less def then unaugment r12s)

I absolutely hate the GL levelling/de-levelling grind, its stopped me playing a lot more than I would have, I tend to just look for a high level one and join it now its bloody annoying.
New Brachy and Rajang look absolutely terrifying.

8 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

I absolutely hate the GL levelling/de-levelling grind, its stopped me playing a lot more than I would have, I tend to just look for a high level one and join it now its bloody annoying.
New Brachy and Rajang look absolutely terrifying.

I've never seen a GL Sos :(

The SAFI raid was quite fun and I liked how you powered up the weapons.

And it actually taught me to Clutchclaw and wound

I've now got a level 26 Awakened Bow....although I might be in trouble if something is Dragon resistant/immune :lol: