rllmuk
Yoshimax

Monster Hunter: World

Holy crap Ancient Leshen (Witcher Monster) is difficult, like Extreme Behemoth difficult. I don't think I'll be beating that in a hurry as most SOS squadmates die within seconds and there is no way I am (or anyone for that matter) going to solo it.

10 hours ago, mechamonkey said:

Which format are you guys playing on?

my PS4 character is decked out in top gear (Rank 225 ish) but I also have a n00b just hit high rank on Xbox.

in other news still no Minds Eye decoration despite now having 9 attack decos! Argh.

PS4 over here!

I think my gal is ready to take on Nergigante finally. I’ve had such a great few days with it, just pottering around to up my defence, get some thunderous dual blades, and so on.

I think the early in the year release skewed things a bit in terms of GOTY, but the fact I can come back a year later and it still be this compelling is incredible. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Frankie Lee said:

Thanks guys but I’m only rank 9 on PS4. I’ll give it another go this weekend. Out of curiosity, is Diablos particularly hard? I didn’t have any real problems with Rathalos

He's quite hard for new players, but wait til you hit black diablos, he's prob the hardest monster during the story part of the game.

They are nothing compared to some of the end game stuff tho, then again you'll have better gear by then and it sort of levels out.

I'm HR12 and need to be HR16 to do the Witcher stuff. Highly annoying that they don't let people that have played 60 hours access new content.

Anyway, what's thew quickest way to get up from HR12 to HR16?

21 minutes ago, Purin said:

I'm HR12 and need to be HR16 to do the Witcher stuff. Highly annoying that they don't let people that have played 60 hours access new content.

Anyway, what's thew quickest way to get up from HR12 to HR16?

Finish the story,  that's the only way to hit HR16 as it caps at 15.

I think the Witcher stuff will be there forever it's not like the rotating event quests so enjoy the story and then do it when you hit HR16.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Melon_Bread said:

Finish the story,  that's the only way to hit HR16 as it caps at 15.

I think the Witcher stuff will be there forever it's not like the rotating event quests so enjoy the story and then do it when you hit HR16. 

Ah ok. Do you know how near I am to the end...

Spoiler

I defeated a pink rathian and unlocked a new area....Everstream?

I think I have a while to go. This game is huge.

1 hour ago, Purin said:

Reveal hidden contents

Without giving anything away, you've got several tough encounters to go before you see the credits! 

3 hours ago, Purin said:

Reveal hidden contents

yes quite a way to go.

Good thing is the Witcher quest is single player and you get given an armor set so there no grinding gear to make it easier you just go in with what they give you.

Next up on HR: Vaal whatever his name is in the manky monster graveyard. 

I did Google his weaknesses / resistances which feels a bit cheaty. Debating whether to spend some time gearing up or just jump in — once I’ve replenished my dwindling great potion supply!

Yay, finally after a night of Lavasioth farming just as the event is ending I got the Mind's Eye Jewel I was after, last jewel I needed I think!
Will be going after crowns and Witcher stuff next after the festival ends

Hey folks - how far through this game am I?

Spoiler

I've done the Zorah quest where I "guide" him out to open sea and am now high rank.  I thought that quest was a bit poor, I was busy attacking magma cores, then Nerg appeared somewhere for like 30s and went, then it was a straight forward fire barrels at Zorah and flip a switch, quest done.

Sounded like that was the end of the story -  But has now moved into a mystery as to why some monsters are moving into other territories and the "??? Rathian" tracking.  Currently at 59 hours in.

30 minutes ago, ravnaz said:

Hey folks - how far through this game am I?

Hide contents

I've done the Zorah quest where I "guide" him out to open sea and am now high rank.  I thought that quest was a bit poor, I was busy attacking magma cores, then Nerg appeared somewhere for like 30s and went, then it was a straight forward fire barrels at Zorah and flip a switch, quest done.

Sounded like that was the end of the story -  But has now moved into a mystery as to why some monsters are moving into other territories and the "??? Rathian" tracking.  Currently at 59 hours in.

About half way thru the story, nowhere in the grand scheme of things, you can play this game forever.

• Upvote 1

I've been playing the hell out of this again lately (PS4), really looking forward to the Spring Blossom Festival returning next week. Everything becomes available for a month.
Just need a few more tickets from AT Teostra, AT Xeno Jiva and AT Zora, one day I'll beat that big bastard AT Behemoth but I think I'll try soloing it, SOS parties just die constantly!
Just loving experimenting with builds and trying new toys, the game that just keeps giving. Roll on Iceborn.

I'll probably get on this tonight on  Xbox (I think I'm only about HR 10 or something) as there are bound to be loads of people around trying it. Not looking forward to having absolutely no decorations though too used to having them all on PS4! 
I think I'll give Charge Blade a go, it's the only weapon I've never put any time into.

Finished off my Zorah Magdaros Gamma set this morning, terrible event that one.
I spent some time learning Charge Blade while doing so and first as usual thinking this is awful I cant remember it, then it clicked as all MH weapons do and now I'm thinking why did I never use this before, it is literally the best weapon :)
<3 this game,

Festival begins tonight :)

is anyone else still playing? 

Ill probably be farming the hell out of the festival on PS4 but I’m pretty amazed there hasn’t been more interest on Xbox considering gamepass 

6 minutes ago, mechamonkey said:

Festival begins tonight :)

is anyone else still playing? 

Ill probably be farming the hell out of the festival on PS4 but I’m pretty amazed there hasn’t been more interest on Xbox considering gamepass 

I will start playing soon, just finishing off some other games. I watched an hour or so of gameplay to get myself tuned in to what I am going in to.

On 20/02/2019 at 12:25, mechamonkey said:

Spent the morning doing double tempered Jho's for the Aloy Layered Armor, what a pain that one is, trusty trusty Gunlance, you saw me through again
Zbv6lxO.png

Drooo-oool.

That game looks so good. I'm not as huge a fan of the series as some of the forumites here, but that's only because I simply don't have the amount of time required to get the most out of these games. I was addicted to my first real MH experience (ie. MH4U on the 3DS), after being put off by the series in its PSP debut. Guess I wasn't quite ready for the unique MH experience at that point. But even with MH4U  I kinda drew the line at 100hrs realizing I still needed a lot more.

It really is one of those games that I regret not having the time for, as everything I've seen from it so far looks absolutely amazing. Even if some people still prefer the MHG mechanics.

Poor George the deviljho though...

I'm on 600Hrs+ on ps4 and still not running out of things to do....
Saying that you really do not need to do that much, just pick a weapon you like, do the story, all good, I just love playing aroungd with builds and trying/collecting all the things :)

I started my journey last night and will definitely go back for some more. I picked the big ass, slow hammer as my weapon as I prefer that style of play over the death by 100 cuts method. I'm still a little confused by the combat to be honest so need to spend a bit of time on that. What is the whole sword mode to charge thing about? And what is the difference between attacks? I have a y button attack that seems to be able to combo and a b attack that ground pounds. Then I also have an r trigger which does a red sparkly swing which mostly seems ineffective due to very short range.