Metro Exodus - First on the Epic Store

gospvg

1 minute ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Sam's Story is better than the main game imo.

How do you access the DLC? Mainly want to know that if I start the game without it activating I'm not scuppering myself or missing anything by adding it on at a later date. 

15 minutes ago, Timmo said:

How do you access the DLC? Mainly want to know that if I start the game without it activating I'm not scuppering myself or missing anything by adding it on at a later date. 

From the DLC section in the chapter select in the main menu. Impossible to do so accidentally, it's separate from the main game.

13 minutes ago, deerokus said:

In fact going by this tweet it seems like the dlc part of the patch isn't out yet, just the main game. So it's a partial update of some kind.Screenshot_20210617_123715_com.brave.browser.thumb.jpg.677aa761c34e4487c7df2b8d9d044ae1.jpg

Excellent, many thanks for this! This explains why the DLC isn't selectable yet.

37 minutes ago, Timmo said:

The DLC is a separate story accessible in the menu iirc so should be fine accessing it later. In fact it definitely makes sense to play it after the main game.

And bought. Downloading now.

If you have PS+, Metro Exodus Gold Edition (which is base game + both DLC packs) is on sale with a 70% discount: tis now 20 euro (approx. 15 quid). By far the cheapest I've seen. Wait for the patch to go live later this evening or tomorrow and you have the fully up to date PS5 version.

2 minutes ago, df0 said:

And bought. Downloading now.

If you have PS+, Metro Exodus Gold Edition (which is base game + both DLC packs) is on sale with a 70% discount: tis now 20 euro (approx. 15 quid). By far the cheapest I've seen. Wait for the patch to go live later this evening or tomorrow and you have the fully up to date PS5 version.

No point downloading the PS4 version I understand, the PS5 one is a separate download instead of a patch. 

What’s the verdict with the DLC ? Worth a purchase? Think I’m almost at the end of the main game. I enjoyed it in parts but found it janky as fuck on the one x at 30fps. Seems a lot smoother and potentially more enjoyable with the series x patch 

Fan of the haptics so far. The assault rifle you get early on feels incredibly powerful.

This looks incredible as expected although the animation has a very slight jankiness to it which strikes an awkward contrast to the realistic environments and lighting.

Main takeaways:

PS5 runs at 20% lower resolution than Series X, occasionally dipping below 1080p.

PS5 holds an almost consistent 60fps, just the odd micro stutter, similar to Series X, but not as frequent.

PS5 image is a little darker than Series X and PC.

7 minutes ago, Windowlicker said:

They are saying the PS5 version is too dark and they had to mismatch the TV and console output to 'fix' it. Think it looks nicer in that video though. I prefer a more saturated colour palette for most games. 

Think I'll pick this up on PS5 as its half the price of XB at the moment. The resolution differences don't feel like they'd be very noticeable to my tired old eyes and they both hit a pretty solid 60fps so for 15 quids you can't go wrong.