gospvg

Metro Exodus - First on the Epic Store

15 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

I don't see why people are asking for forums as part of a storefront, it feels like I've fallen into an alternate world where everyone loved Ping, the Social Network built into iTunes.

Surely you're just asking for customer support? Also LOL at calling a missing feature "contempt" as if it's a personal attack.

That's a strange reading of my post, but whatever and no, I'm not just asking for customer support (that was a specific example of Ashen I think - which was due on Steam - and the developers were saying to post on the Steam forum for support.) I actually find the Steam forums useful for tips and stuff and a lot of times a Google result takes you there. You don't like/use them? Ok, great.

As for the "personal attack", no. Nothing has tempted me to their store yet so at the moment it doesn't impact me but to launch a storefront/launcher/service without cloud saves in late 2018 like they did is pretty indefensible. That they are adding them soon is something though and they've said they are doing something around the social aspect too (though not traditional forums) so we'll see what that brings.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Gabe said:

(that was a specific example of Ashen I think - which was due on Steam - and the developers were saying to post on the Steam forum for support.)

Did that actually happen though? Did the developers literally say "go to the steam forums?" 'cos on the Epic Store page there's links to their Facebook, Twitter, email and Discord. They're hardly holding back support for the game due to Epic not having their own forums.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ronin said:

Looks like 2019, plays like 2009.

You mean 2009, the year of Modern Warfare 2, L4D2, Borderlands, STALKER CoP and Chronicles of Riddick yeah? :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Gizamaluke said:

Isn't ronin the guy who compared pc gaming platforms to nazi Germany or something? I think he genuinely might be having an aneurysm.

Yes. Yes he fucking is.

Also some mad rambling about sites who review it positively being “epic whores”.

Just normal gamer things.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, VN1X said:

You mean 2009, the year of Modern Warfare 2, L4D2, Borderlands, STALKER CoP and Chronicles of Riddick yeah? :rolleyes:

Far Cry 2 - 2008.

• Downvote 3

Just a heads up, a staff member of OpenCritic has advised that the review embargo lifts on Monday 11th, it's not showing a countdown on their site yet, as they are not aware of the exact time it lifts on the 11th. 4A Games must feel confident if they are lifts the embargo days prior to the game launches :)

Also, a new video on the shotgun has been released:

• Upvote 2

Yes. The atmosphere of the first two games is fantastic, Exodus only has to add modernized gunplay and we’re absolutely golden.

• Upvote 2

Nice approach to explaining the effort that went into the game. Looks pretty good. Cant find it for less than £45 on the PS though (UK, obviously)

Edit. Just found this was already posted but it's a great video so...

52 minutes ago, Dave White said:

Does anyone know if the Epic Store do pre loads? 

I've bought it and it doesn't even show up in my library.