rllmuk

On 15/08/2019 at 19:28, Gorf King said:

For all the Ben Irving fans in here - he's quit Bioware for another job.

PS Cataclysm is actually quite good. Not game-saving good, but decent all the same.

I think people know my feelings on Irving so no need for me to say anything. 

On 16/08/2019 at 13:48, spork said:

Can't you get it cheap for a month via EA access or whatever it's called? Pretty sure I only paid like £5 or something to be able to play it during it's first month which was more than enough.

Yes, I did. Not sure how it is after they launched cataclysm.

Everyone started thinking it after Anthem tanked straight after Andromeda tanking. These key people leaving just confirms that. Even though the BioWare that made Andromeda and Anthem was completely different from the BioWare that made Mass Effect 1 and 2 (I remember reading somewhere that not a single member of that development team from back then was still at the studio) it's still sad. The studio name has been responsible for so many fantastic games that I will always fondly remember.

• Upvote 1

I watched that fella  rattling on in presentation videos a good number of times with arrogance and cockiness.  

Basically he’s an actor, frontman peddling his wares via the puppet stings, knowing full well his game was utterly terrible could never live up to the E3 reveal. Wasn’t finished and let’s face it utter garbage in its release state, in other words lying. 

No morals and no integrity and the face of a company who couldn’t give 2 fucks and just want your money first and let everyone hang including all the staff who worked on it. 

That being said that guy should have just left regardless of contractual binds before release . He would have gained respect rather than tail between his legs cowardice which is how I view him. 

I don’t know the exact figure but I have a ton of respect for Blizzard who keep scrapping stuff that just don’t make the grade, regardless of how long has been spent on it.  

Protecting your brand and studio is so rare in  this game. Which is why EA are just horrible. They’ve knackered everything. 

Im just glad I still have the copy gifted to me as a birthday present still shrink wrapped. I don’t sell gifts but I was sure as fuck not wasting my time on that. 

23 hours ago, Radish said:

You can’t, it’s part of the premier subscription service which is £15 a month. You did get a ten hour trial with the basic version, so that might be what you’re thinking of. 

It’s surely due to move over to the basic version within the next month or two.

I’m quite looking forward to giving to giving it a go when it does. I’m guess a mixture of patches and being free must be worth a try if nothing else 

9 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I don't think BioWare will make another game ever again :( No DA4 or anything else, EA is going to do their Sopranos thing and take that studio into the woods.

Byeoware :(

• Empathy 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 18/08/2019 at 19:22, dreamylittledream said:

It’s surely due to move over to the basic version within the next month or two.

I’m quite looking forward to giving to giving it a go when it does. I’m guess a mixture of patches and being free must be worth a try if nothing else 

And I called it.

Dropped onto EA Access and Origin Basic today.  I would be jumping in - except for the fact I have free Division 2 to play from Uplay+ trial this month and then need to play new Gears before Shadowkeep.

But I will give it a go before the end of the year...

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sandman said:

Does anyone on the forum actually LIKE this game?

A mate was saying its "ok" - is he lying?

I played through the main story and really enjoyed the mechanics, and the actual plot. I felt I go my monies worth out of it, but had no desire to get involved in the endgame.

• Upvote 5
  • 1 month later...

It's like £7 on CDKeys but I'm still hesitant. I kinda fancy a mech shooter, but I've heard the loading times are abysmal and a lot of the later content can't be soloed. Posts on Reddit suggested that you'd be tickling some of the later bosses for half an hour without squad mates.

The loading time one though... ouch. Looked at a video where it was taking three minutes to load a session, and apparen;ty there's multi loads to load up useless menus or sequences before another load kicks in.

I wish they'd just gone with a primarily single player unpretentious shooter.Be less hassle wondering if it's even worth looking at - th emission design seems kinda bland too. Fly here, shoot these, etc - which would be okay, but the constant 'story' via radio chatter and interacting with objects seems to slow it down much more than necessary.

It's hard to recommend because of the issues like repetetive missions, long loading times, performance etc. etc. The player base seems to be very small now as well - I rarely see another player in campaign missions despite playing everything in public matchmaking. I mean rarely as in I've met one person out of the last ten or so public campaign missions.

BUT. I actually am really enjoying it. There are some really sweet character moments in there (and plenty of bad ones). Even though you have to really dig to find it, the lore and stuff is pretty detailed and interesting. Constantly grinding for better loot is something I enjoy so it kind of gets a pass from me there. It looks pretty. Things like the bizarre design of Fort Tarsis (e.g. every shop gives you access to all shops and there's nothing good for sale in any of them, most interactive things just open the relevant page in the pause menu, etc. etc.) are more... amusing... than upsetting, and I don't really mind.

The game it most reminds me of is Too Human - it has really similar strengths and faults but ultimately is kind of moreish in the same way (I loved Too Human).

• Upvote 1

The loading screens are one of the bigger issues for me, I just hopped over from Monster Hunter World on the PS4 to a PC version and it makes for a much better experience when the loading is almost instantaneous by comparison.

The other thing is that I kinda feel they've padded out their mission structures with stuff that gets in the way of combat from some of the videos I've watched, with near constant radio chatter and such. 

Still kinda tempted, and £8 wouldn't be the end of the world if it's bad, but there's something warning me that I'd really be annoyed by some of the faults and irritated that I'd be reliant on other players for some of the endgame stuff in a very low population game.

• 2 weeks later...

Grabbed an EA Access trial to give this a go after putting a fair bit of time into Destiny 2. I'm enjoying what I've played so far, albeit only 3 missions or so and some free roaming. But had people helping me out and some fellow n00bs around too. Load times on the 1X don't seem too bad and I'll probably get a good few hours out of it. The flying around is fun, and although there'd be regret if I'd spent £50, if I can get a couple of mates to do co-op it could be a good laugh on a Friday night.

I got a PS4 copy in Tesco for 5. Did the opening sequence, and now it continually times out with a 'can't connect to server' message.

Brilliant! Can see why everyone loved it.

Intro mission wasn't too bad though, the actual feeling of the guns is decent.

• Upvote 1