rllmuk
Gorf King

Anthem

21 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

You were supposed to have to sign into the demo, which was how they were going to restrict access I guess. They appear to have forgotten to implement that. 

I would suspect the authentication part of the sign in and during the game was causing a huge amount of load,  either to servers, firewalls or routers and they have disabled it for now tolighten the load or decrease the amount of authrequests. 

26 minutes ago, Melon_Bread said:

Yeah that's a bit stupid, esp since they pushed the pre-order side of things to be able to play the demo.

Still not working this morning, loading bar just get stuck, sigh.

I’m so confused. EA have tweeted that it should all be sorted now so have no idea if they are actually still working on resolving any of the issues people are having. Someone had tweeted them a bit of a gnarly tweet about not being able to connect / get by loading screen and they actually responded “oh really? It should all be sorted now, send us a DM and we will troubleshoot” :lol: 

• Upvote 1

Here's how this works for me now they've fixed sign in:

1. Start expedition

2. Get stuck at 97% on loading screen

3. Reboot game

4. Get invited back into expedition in progress

5. Play expedition, collect item drops 

6. Finish expedition

7. Get stuck at 97% on mission reward loading screen before items and rewards are decrypted and put in inventory

8. Reboot game

9. No new items in inventory when logged back in

10. Go to 1

That's the last four expeditions in a row. Bit of a handicap in a looter, when you get no loot. My Interceptor still has a starting level 1 item in one slot, and nothing at all in the support slot.

• Empathy 1

That’s pretty similar to how things are going for me @Gorf King Except when in a mission, the rubber banding makes it pretty unplayable!

After several reboots, I did finally get a massive chunk of exp and all of my loot appeared. 

Fuck me, I'm clearly too old for this gaming lark. It took me (combined) over an hour to work out how to change the colours on your armour in the forge rather then endlessly switching through the materials :blush: 

Still, decent level of customisation available which is good. I may even have played the game (alpha excluding) by this time tomorrow.

1 minute ago, djbhammer said:

What a mess this is. Pre order cancelled. Hello Division 2.

But it's all fixed now and working as intended! 

Oh...

It's a shame because when I can play, I actually do really like it, it's just not consistenly playable at the moment.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, djbhammer said:

What a mess this is. Pre order cancelled. Hello Division 2.

Get both. Don't be tight. You're not a Sullivan are you? ;) 

• Upvote 1

£30 from Shopto so I'm still in (if not the so called demo).  Looks as if the only thing retained from Dragon Age Origins is the armour modification and colouring which, whilst unintuitive, was a great feature.  I take it there are no team bantz in this since its all MP or solo?

The good news is that when EA have demos that are a hot mess they always endevour to make sure the final product is solid as a rock at release, take various Battlefield releases for example...

fcf17b968651d4508ee8e2043c411419.gif

• Upvote 3

I do hope this isn’t Bioware’s last game. It looks...okay I guess, but it’s so terribly generic in terms of looks (which seem to have suffered Andromeda levels of graphical downgrade from those previous e3 demos), and in terms of gameplay.

I suspect it’ll be decent enough, but I should be feeling blown away by a new BioWare game...boooooooooo.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scruff said:

Get both. Don't be tight. You're not a Sullivan are you? ;) 

Just not feeling at all from what I played and the server issues are not exactly reassuring for launch. This is a massive own goal by EA. There will be plenty of people cancelling pre orders no doubt just on impressions from this poorly executed demo. EA don’t seem to ever learn.

• Upvote 1

Finally got a few sessions on after the 97% restart bug and one that completely muted the sounds. 

I enjoyed it, especially the verticality and the environments. But can’t help but feel it’s a flip chart excersise in how can we make a Destiny and keep players from playing that game. 

I enjoy the number chip game on enemies but do want them to be decent challenging opponents with good AI and tactics. I’ve not encountered anything like that thus far. 

Im intrigued at this point and not disappointed as I had fun and will keep my pre order. But as for the next best thing. I dunno 

Finally managed to get in and enjoy some freeplay - took part in various public events and went into some bandit camp in the Necropolis - now seem to be stuck on a loading screen for matchmaking the initial mission. It's always a bit weird getting injected into a demo part way through and this doesn't seem anything we haven't seen before with challenges and materials accumulating at pace, but I'll be there day one regardless (seems low risk at £30).