Gorf King

Anthem - Sekiro's out on Friday

At what point in this game to I start getting some cool loot that changes my appearance etc?

So far its just been a few guns and modules and for a shooter looter, if not had much of the latter.

Or do I have to buy it?

16 minutes ago, Ballzzie said:

At what point in this game to I start getting some cool loot that changes my appearance etc?

So far its just been a few guns and modules and for a shooter looter, if not had much of the latter.

Or do I have to buy it?

You can change materials and colour of your Javelin from the off (Colours are to the right of were you pick metal/leather/cloth etc)

That's it

Vinyals, patterns/materials are from the store

It's really lacking in cosmetics, for a game that wants to sell you cosmetics. You can alter the colour and materials of your javelin straight off the bat. You can buy a few different armour pieces in the shop, but they don't put a lot up per week. And the guns are all quite the same.

Have I missed it - or is there no "preview" option in the store either? I might want my cape to look like Honeycomb, but I'd like to know how it'll look before I buy

You can't preview in the store, but you never need to go to the store, as far as I can tell. In the forge, you can R1 across to the Buy screen, and I think preview from there. Maybe also in the Vault?

Nope, there's no preview in the store. But when something's available in the store, it should also be shown in the Forge, so you have to go there and preview each piece.

At least they put even less effort into the cosmetics than they did the end game. It almost as if they don't want you to buy anything - you can't even use up the coins you get in game, there's so little on offer.

On 18/03/2019 at 17:51, Uncle Mike said:

I'd be really surprised if the internet could mess with your experience in Tarsis. You're not in a shared space then in any way.

It’s EA.

A pretty uninspiring livestream tonight with no very dramatic news - but they seemed to not talk about a lot of specifics that are coming in next week’s patch, so it’s quite possible there’s some good stuff in there that went unmentioned. Main points:

• Stronghold bosses reveal a ‘vanity’ chest.
  • Stronghold bosses now also have a chance at dropping other stuff including legendaries on top of the guaranteed drop (though the extra quality ones probably only have a chance at dropping at GM2 & 3 in accordance with the recent ‘improved’ GM2 & 3 drop rates).
  • Once a day a legendary mission is available, from a cycle of six to start with, which is infinitely repeatable each day. They’re pitched just under strongholds and there’s always an ‘apex creature’ (Titan, Ursix, Luminary or Fury) and a chest at the end, both of which can give, er, decent rewards.
  • Patch next week brings some performance improvements, bug fixes, a lot of unspecified buffs to components, and the addition of more universal components.
  • Interceptor melee now only requires the button be held down rather than pressed rapidly.

Most other things mentioned were longer term and not very specific.

Probably the best part was that all the while the devs were talking a guy was playing one of the new legendary missions on GM1. Right at the end he got to the special rewards chest, and out popped two blues and two purples (edit: THREE blues and THREE purples!). Deejtastic.

• Upvote 3

Yup. With some harder baddies and (supposedly) better chances at decent rewards.

One thing I didn't mention - though there's probably a fair bit - is that the daily key for one stronghold 'vanity' chest (which might not contain vanity items) comes from a random daily challenge. The challenge that awards the key will be clearly marked as such. And it seemed to be implied that this run of chests, at least, would be time-limited. So maybe they'll bring in a new set of chests at a later date when these run out, i.e. it could be a seasonal thing. As for the contents of the chests, I reckon the vanity stuff might just be vinyl and shit, not necessarily any armour. They weren't specific on that, but I'd have thought they'd have mentioned something as substantial as new armour. It's Bioware though, and this is Anthem, so who the fuck knows what'll happen.

And the bit about the indicator that shows up when you respawn after dying in a world event, showing where the event is. It's not waypoints, but it's a step towards them. The almost instant dismantling of unwanted equipment was good too, but I can see it causing some grief until they implement an item lock feature - there's so much shit to delete someone's bound to get carried away trashing it all and delete that legendary unwittingly.