Gorf King

Anthem - Sekiro's out on Friday

A few guides and bits of other info that might or might not be updated regularly.

Primers and Detonators

0el462lhxah21.jpg

Damage Types

2ty3q5ywv7k21.png

World Map

ddkk10ovvyj21.jpg

Update roadmap

anthem-roadmap-2.jpg

anthem-roadmap-3.jpg

anthem-roadmap-4.jpg

• Upvote 1

EA marketing info below.

VENTURE INTO DANGER

In this shared-world action-RPG, you and your friends are Freelancers—the bold few with the courage to leave civilization behind, explore a landscape of primeval beauty, and confront the dangers you find.

UNITE WITH FRIENDS

Up to four players band together to take on whatever perils you discover as a heroic team. As your friends support you in your journey, so do your victories and rewards benefit your friends.

RISE TO ANY CHALLENGE

Wield an arsenal of Javelin exosuits, each equipped with unique weapons and abilities. Customize them with gear you earn and craft, then use them to fly, leap, and climb through a contiguous open world.

CHART YOUR PATH

Experience massive, world-altering occurrences like Shaper Storms. Fight savage beasts and ruthless marauders. Delve forgotten ruins as you seek to defeat the forces plotting to conquer humanity.

CONTROL YOUR FATE

Your power grows with every step into the unknown. Whether plunder, revenge, or glory lures you onward, your choices will irrevocably change you—and the world around you.

• Upvote 3

I'd be very surprised if it came out looking even close to that but I have to admit it gave me the sci-fi horn. I wish they'd just stop with the fake in game chat though.

Saying that though it's certainly the game that's gotten me the most excited.

Couple of things:

1) it looks superb

2) it looks better than destiny 2 

3) it'll never actually look that good when it comes out 

Yep that footage looked like it was from a top spec PC but I expect it to still look nice.

It's good to get some competition in the console MMO space & I expect this will at least have a story unlike the original Destiny.

5 minutes ago, JoeK said:

So, is this single player with co-op, or just co-op?

Looks to be drop in/drop out co-op play. So you could play single player?

1 hour ago, JoeK said:

So, is this single player with co-op, or just co-op?

1 hour ago, gospvg said:

Looks to be drop in/drop out co-op play. So you could play single player?

I thought it was supposed to be a Destiny-like?

You can play Destiny campaign in single player. We just don't know enough about Anthem yet if it is similar or not.

It was the best-looking trailer but hard to say it was the best game.

Destiny wouldn't be much without the feel of its shooting and Bioware don't have that pedigree.

• Upvote 4

It clearly looked graphically amazing, and I really liked the open world, just jump off the tower and just cause across the world style.

So I'll be interested for sure.

I sort of suspect it'll be like the Division where the game is pretty fun on the way up but then the end content won't really be there. If you want to be a Destiny beater, you need to get the Raid complex content going.

1 hour ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Moar Phantasy Star Online is a good thing.

I hope.

WHY WHY WHY has that who concept not been redone properly. The 3rd person hack n slash, the level 80 ultimate stuff.

Gah. If any game needed a reboot with some investment it's that.

It looks good, but it's another "shared-world" game....

The combat actually looks like Mass Effect Andromeda, which is to be expected. Maybe this one will really shine

When they announced a new Bioware game I immediately thought two things.

"I hope they've taken lessons from Witcher 3"

and

"I hope they haven't taken lessons from Destiny"

:(

• Upvote 1

I'll be absolutely honest, I thought the graphics looked great but the gameplay lacked any excitement whatsoever. I know we now live in an age where there''s an obsession with visuals but I'm surprised they would pick such a dull segment to showcase the game. The few enemy encounters looked easy and the voices sounded like they were trying to be excited but actually came across as bored.

Maybe I missed something but could someone please tell me what looked good about it beyond the visuals? 

7 hours ago, gospvg said:

Yep that footage looked like it was from a top spec PC but I expect it to still look nice.

Or some sort of reasonably powerful new console.

Not sure how I feel about this, it looked gorgeous but I never had the time to dedicate to Destiny. I need something more dip in/out.

I don't think I actually like Destiny-esque type of games. I played Destiny for 2 weeks and got bored of the grind and slow progress. I also tried The Division and just hated it.

But, knowing me, i'll wait and see and if it reviews well I'll give it a go.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Karzee said:

I'll be absolutely honest, I thought the graphics looked great but the gameplay lacked any excitement whatsoever. I know we now live in an age where there''s an obsession with visuals but I'm surprised they would pick such a dull segment to showcase the game. The few enemy encounters looked easy and the voices sounded like they were trying to be excited but actually came across as bored.

Maybe I missed something but could someone please tell me what looked good about it beyond the visuals? 

This is just about where I am with it at the moment. I love this type of game - Destiny's my favourite series of the past 2-3 years, and I really enjoyed The Division until I reached endgame and the first incursion dropped, when I realised Massive had simply not got an endgame worth having. But what's been shown of Anthem so far, although it is visually lovely on a technical level, didn't really do much to persuade me it's worth a colossal time sink. Going on a patrol and encountering a 'public event' - check. Do that already. Finding a loot crate and a drop from enemies on the way - check. Ditto. Inviting others into your party - check. Ditto again.

That might be enough to live alongside something like D2, at least in the short term, if the combat and other game loops are great. But the video they've shown was just a bit too pat. Specifically, the combat. If there's one thing that saved Destiny when it got highly repetitive (which it does and always will), it was the joy of the combat, the feel of the guns and movement, the wonderful head-popping critical shots and the way OTT super abilities. I didn't get this from what they showed. It was more like 'hey, here's a pack of mobs' *AoE weapon* 'hehehe, they're all dead.' 'Hey, this bunch of mobs brought a Heavy with them' 'It's ok, I have a mortar!' *Mortar explodes* 'hehehe, they're all dead.' Just nothing really.

I'm sure there'll be a lot more to it than that - we've seen just about nothing - but surely they could have chosen at least one encounter that showed you need to employ some sort of tactics, or strategy, or that at least the bad guys got into an actual fight with you instead of being instantly vaporised en masse by a one-shot? Obviously there must be stuff more involving than that in the game, I'm sure they'll do a lot more with the title than that, but until they do show something more substantial I can't see anything, bar the visuals, to get excited about. Far too early to call then, but nothing so far that's of any real interest.

• Upvote 4

The more I see this kind of military-sci-fi-armor-weapon games, the more I think it would be so much more awesome if BioWare used all those resources to up their RPG game and give us something astonishing in either the ME series (well, that's gone now more or less) or the KotOR series instead of doing the same thing others are doing. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

The more I see this kind of military-sci-fi-armor-weapon games, the more I think it would be so much more awesome if BioWare used all those resources to up their RPG game and give us something astonishing in either the ME series (well, that's gone now more or less) or the KotOR series instead of doing the same thing others are doing. 

As much as I love Andromeda (and I do!), I have a sinking feeling that Bioware are now just pandering to whatever EA thinks is the flavour of the day :(

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, JoeK said:

As much as I love Andromeda (and I do!), I have a sinking feeling that Bioware are now just pandering to whatever EA thinks is the flavour of the day :(

Yeah, it feels like it. My MEA comment was not about the quality, it was about how EA is thinking of shelving it now. I mean, if they had invested in the IP they could have created something extraordinary and in a genre -sci fi rpg- that there is no one else. Now they seem to be going the same way as everyone else, abandoning one of the most interesting worlds created in recent memory. I am shocked that we haven't heard yet that "Anthem may have similarities with Destiny and The Division, but what it will make it special is the classic BioWare storytelling". 

:hmm:

47 minutes ago, Talk Show Host said:

I want Jade Empire 2. Think how great that could be!