rllmuk
Gorf King

Anthem - Cataclysm PTS available on PC from June 4

2 hours ago, VN1X said:

"look into it"? Look into a bloody FOV slider?! :lol:

That'll teach me for pre-ordering I suppose. What a mess. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/AnthemTheGame/comments/ak0g9g/no_spoilers_the_pc_version_is_an_afterthought/ef1bpsp/?context=1000

Here's the post, lots of community manager speak for "don't expect this to change". Even though they seem like easy fixes, dev priority is probably on the more severe stuff like networking issues, sound issues, crash bugs, performance issues, etc given they've only got a month left.

• Upvote 1

Ahh found the blur off option, the fucks that on by default for!

Im getting some proper retro vibes form this early on, haven’t seen loading times like this since the C64 days....

• Upvote 1

It's really frustrating cause I think when this game works, it's a ton of fun. I actually really like how the weapons handle, I love the flying, the world is really pretty. If only it weren't for the performance issues and SO MANY BUGS (I craft an item, then when I go to equip it, it suddenly has a different description of what it does...)

Anyway, I liked the moon, and there are some beautiful underwater caves with sparkly crystals :wub:

Anthem_Screenshot_2019_01.27_-_16_58_31.77_(2).thumb.png.9b29e110109fe17fdcf16563e78b6666.png

• Upvote 4

Someone, who shall not be named (both his real name and nickname start with an S, his avatar is white and red and features a custom logo), told me on Discord that if you invert the Y axis for flight controls but leave the rest of the controls on normal then you're a weirdo! I have it set up like that because that makes perfect sense of course and am wondering if the hivemind agrees with this so I can prove him and his potty mouth wrong with strong subjective opinion based facts.

pos = agree

neg = disagree

Vote now and become eligible to pre-order Anthem! 

• Downvote 7
  • Empathy 4

The flying and movement is great. The need to combo pretty much everything is a bit of a large change from those of us who didn’t raid our way through destiny.

I loaded up warframe for the first time in months today. Got confused in the UI of the spaceship and left rapidly.

Anyway, Anthem. Wa splaying on the Pro just now after playing on a standard PS4 at a bud's house over the weekend. Looks nicer, ran smoother.

Still full of bugs. During the stronghold, the second wave in the 12 echoes simply refused to spawn. 10 minutes later I gave up. This also sort of happened the day before, where the 'stand on the platform and defend it' became 'stand on the platform for 5 minutes because the enemies aren't going to spawn'. The time after that it was 'abandon the mission because nobody's able to pick up the relic shards'., where there was no prompt or ability to pick up mission-critical items for transportation.

Anthem's a mess. I think I could still have fun with it, but even the combat suffers from the 360 degree enemy positions hurting the structure of gunfights. Also, am I the only one who feels like the enemies should be hammering your mech when under fire as far as sound effects go? You can be creamed in moments, and have little more than a gentle fzzt of sound as you're getting chewed up by minigun fire. Half the time I don't even notice until half my health's gone, and that's in the Colossus. 

As first impressions go this has to be the worst game I’ve ever played, no hyperbole there either...

Loading bug first 5 times so loads of loading and closing game and finally got into the mission, runs like shit on pro and controls feels bad - assume that’s linked for frame rate?

I quite enjoyed the flying, shooting and throwing combos but just not fun with such poor frame rate and input delay but finished the mission to be hit with loading bug... reloaded and all progress lost :facepalm:

50 minutes ago, footle said:

The flying and movement is great. The need to combo pretty much everything is a bit of a large change from those of us who didn’t raid our way through destiny.

Here's a newsflash - its a bit of a large change to those who did raid their way through Destiny too.

At this point though you have to wonder how much this will be discounted at release, or a few weeks afterwards, purely because no-one is buying it, and those that had pre-ordered it have now cancelled. The Shopto price may seem expensive at that point.

9 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

Here's a newsflash - its a bit of a large change to those who did raid their way through Destiny too.

At this point though you have to wonder how much this will be discounted at release, or a few weeks afterwards, purely because no-one is buying it, and those that had pre-ordered it have now cancelled. The Shopto price may seem expensive at that point.

Do you know how many people are buying it tho?

So loaded in

Liked the city - but you run like treacle which will get annoying

Voice acting ok

Then 10minutes on loading screen to nowhere.

Then wait off to play Destiny with chums

I was only curious about this - but it's definately soured me

Just now, Hexx said:

So loaded in

Liked the city - but you run like treacle which will get annoying

Voice acting ok

Then 10minutes on loading screen to nowhere.

Then wait off to play Destiny with chums

I was only curious about this - but it's definately soured me

I hated the voice acting, and compared to the E3 demo its nowhere near as good.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Thor said:

Shimmy, drop the resolution on your PS4 to 1080p for better performance.

Cheers, I had read that but couldn’t be bothered - the failing to load screens are the same frame rate regardless of res :( 

• Upvote 1

If anything this game has made me instead go and enjoy Destiny 2 for a few hours. I won’t be buying on release.

8 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

I tried to go back to Destiny 2 the other day and it's just an unfathomable mess if you haven't played it for a few months. It's dead to me now, which is a damn shame.

I’ve not completed the Warmind DLC so working my way through that & getting new loot to hit lvl 50 cap.