IGNORED

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

Goose

On 6/15/2017 at 13:05, Garibaldi said:

The one thing Bethesda are getting very right with E3 is announcing a game which will be released just a few months later. There's nothing more frustrating than seeing an amazing looking title like Metro:Exodus and getting a vague '2018'. Days Gone is even worse; its second E3 showing and the devs still won't commit to a year, let alone a month! 

Totally agree, pretty cool that Evil Within, Wolf and the Dishonored expansion will all be out before xmas.

On 6/15/2017 at 14:05, Garibaldi said:

The one thing Bethesda are getting very right with E3 is announcing a game which will be released just a few months later. There's nothing more frustrating than seeing an amazing looking title like Metro:Exodus and getting a vague '2018'. Days Gone is even worse; its second E3 showing and the devs still won't commit to a year, let alone a month! 

I'll give you that. It is refreshing to see a trailer and know you can be playing the game on show in just a few months. 

21 minutes ago, the_debaser said:

Unfortunately I think that means it won't get a look in for at least a month or so for me. I'll wait till xmas for this I think. 

This makes no sense whatsoever.

The whole purpose of a gamer's life is to buy things immediately and leave them until years later.

When you see them going in the Steam sale and buy them again.

Circle of life innit?

On 6/14/2017 at 12:22, Lothar Hex said:

Just ordered New Order and Old Blood on Xbone (because the PC versions are horrible on Windows 10) and looking forward to going through them again.  Then again any excuse to stomp a mudhole in some Nazi arses.

It's more to do with id. They use mega textures so you need waaay more ram. When Rage came out the standard card had 256mb/512mb. It actually needs 2gb to run smooth. I imagine this will need an 8gb GPU.  

7 minutes ago, Stevedave said:

It's more to do with id. They use mega textures so you need waaay more ram. When Rage came out the standard card had 256mb/512mb. It actually needs 2gb to run smooth. I imagine this will need an 8gb GPU.  

I have a 960 with 4 gigs and my old 660 with 2 gigs ran TNO with no stutter on Windows 7. I think it;s more to do with Windows 10 than anything.

4 minutes ago, Lothar Hex said:

I have a 960 with 4 gigs and my old 660 with 2 gigs ran TNO with no stutter

I had the same card and it ran like shit for me. More gpu ram solved my problem (switched to AMD, also) as I was sick of driver issues with Nvidia - they used to be superb but now there's too many issues. 

Anyway, I'm on board. Bought all the Wolfenstein games. Just missing the Raven version after it was taken off steam. -.-

16 minutes ago, Stevedave said:

Anyway, I'm on board. Bought all the Wolfenstein games. Just missing the Raven version after it was taken off steam. -.-

I've got it on 360...don't worry you're not missing anything. It's boring as fuck.

On 6/12/2017 at 17:59, VN1X said:

Please play The New Order. It's not at all what you think it is. 

Easily one of the best written games in recent years. Yes Wolfestein showing the industry how it's done. 

Yup.  I kind of ignored it at launch thinking, meh another Wolfenstein game.  Borrowed it off nephew a few weeks ago and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck it's so good. Really good story, 

On 2017-6-17 at 13:34, Lothar Hex said:

I've got it on 360...don't worry you're not missing anything. It's boring as fuck.

On 2017-6-18 at 02:40, Meh said:

Yep, it's totally boring - though part of the TNO universe, if that interests you.

Fuck the pair of you!  That's my favourite Wolfenstein game :lol:  I find Ravens combat to be incredibly satisfying.  Admittedly TNO kicks its ass story wise but as a game I prefer Wolf 2009.  I also knock points of TNO for having the shittest shotgun I've ever had to misfortune to use in a FPS, in a fucking id series of all things.

Hell I'd go so far as to say there is no bad Wolfenstein game.  Wolf 3D, Return To Castle Wolfenstein, Wolf 2009. The New Order and The Old Blood are all crackin games.

It's not a bad game, as such - it just felt a bit irrelevant at the time. I seem to recall it being a bit of a dog performance-wise, too. That silky smooth TNO framerate was the icing on a delicious cake.

6 minutes ago, Meh said:

It's not a bad game, as such - it just felt a bit irrelevant at the time. I seem to recall it being a bit of a dog performance-wise, too. That silky smooth TNO framerate was the icing on a delicious cake.

Ah fair enough, I played them on PC so no problems performance wise etc.  I'm just glad I have it on Steam before it went into limbo.

16 minutes ago, fattakin said:

Old Blood is hard :( Stupid river boat escape bit at the end of the first chapter doing my head in.  Might have to drop the difficulty from default to get past it.  Im too old for this shit!

That's what I do with modern games now.  Drop the difficulty level to low and get on with it.

17 minutes ago, fattakin said:

Old Blood is hard :( Stupid river boat escape bit at the end of the first chapter doing my head in.  Might have to drop the difficulty from default to get past it.  Im too old for this shit!

I'm stuck at the beginning of TOB. With the robots and dogs?

yeah...

1 minute ago, SeanR said:

I'm stuck at the beginning of TOB. With the robots and dogs?

yeah...

Yes that bit done my head in and had me nearly drop the difficulty.  until i realized, crouch, kill sleeping dogs with Right Click takedown.  Then get the first robot powered down and takedown him from behind.  Then you get his gun and its OK-ish from there.

Took me ages to time it all with some luck. 

This boat thing is more relentless!

• 4 weeks later...