rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Goose

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus

23 hours ago, new666uk said:

Not to blow my own trumpet but it's not all that hard to go through on the highest setting. Combat didn't seem all that bad and a bit more balanced than earlier Wolf games (trying to finish that Deathshead guy lobbing missiles was a real challenge but not fun)

Never understood the point of playing a game on easy. You may as well just watch it on Youtube/Twitch if you can't do it yourself.

No offense meant btw.  

I should have been clearer in my post too. I'm on PC which is really where FPS should be played. Everything else is just so...compromised.

Played Hitman Contracts on PS2 for the first time last night and the PC just knocks spots off it.   

Well I'm enjoying this... 

looks fucking tip top on the little Nintendo wonder box and has gyro aiming.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, pulsemyne said:

Yep. It's really badly designed in parts. It maybe a good switch port but it's still a bad game. 

Yeah, I didn't understand all the love for this. It really isn't a good FPS anyway. It looked nice on the Xbox One X and PC, but still not a good game, especially at that price.

• Upvote 1

I must’ve missed the part back in oct/nov where everybody considered this to be a bad game. It was hyped. It reviewed extremely well. Everyone was positive about it.

9 months later it’s the worst fps ever made.

Wha!?

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

I must’ve missed the part back in oct/nov where everybody considered this to be a bad game. It was hyped. It reviewed extremely well. Everyone was positive about it.

Wha!?

because it's on the switch, dys?

;)

• Empathy 1

55 minutes ago, grindmouse said:

Wha!?

I bought the game after reading some reviews, played it (on PC), and came to my own conclusion it wasn't that good of an FPS game. I am not sure were you are hearing "everybody" considers it to be a bad game now.

8 minutes ago, Sumire said:

I bought the game after reading some reviews, played it (on PC), and came to my own conclusion it wasn't that good of an FPS game. I am not sure were you are hearing "everybody" considers it to be a bad game now.

Well I’ve counted 7 contributions about how bad the game is over the last two pages, coinciding with the Switch launch,  noting that, whilst a bad game, it should be played on a PC and that it looks great on Xbox One X.

From posters who I don’t recall seeing in the usual Switch threads.

I don’t remember such complaints at the launch of WII when folks were posting impressions. So... I’ll keep an open mind. I wasn’t particularly impressed by the level design in the older Wolf games.

Those describing Wolfenstein 2 as a bad game - turn the difficulty down to zero and blast away - if you still don't have fun then you're quite frankly dead inside.

Wolf is amazing and part 2 has had me beaming with a huge smile throughout. If you aren't having fun you're doing it wrong. Silence the pistol immediately for stealth, level up your abilities by completing the mini challenges, use the lean ability in combat, and properly apply your upgrades. Explore the hub too. I'm just starting

Spoiler

Venus

and I'm loving the whole thing. 

• Upvote 1

Plenty of people expressed their dissatisfaction with the  game. Just go back to pages 9 and 10. Moz was bang on the money.

If I described my favorite level as the one set in the underground Nazi bunker I could be describing 50% of the game and that is no exaggeration.

I'm just trying to save you 50 quid and 8gb of your memory card. I bought the game for twenty quid in it's launch month and still didn't think it was good value for money. I expected Wolf II to bring in the best parts of Doom and the best parts of the The New Order but in fact it's nowhere near as good as either of those. 

Bethesda would've been better served porting Evil Within 2 to switch, now that's how you do a sequel justice.

• Upvote 3

I just take umbridge when people do the 'you're doing it wrong' or 'you're dead inside' thing.  It's condescending as fuck.  Usually I keep quiet, but it's hot and I'm bothered. It pisses me off.

Well with respect, it's very easy to "do it wrong". If you don't use the silencer, dont see the upgrades, dont pick up the map to get the secrets, you can have a bad time. I'm not trying to be condescending, it's genuinely easy to play it wrong. Its so worth it though, the bit with the giant robo-dog is worth the admission. 

I played the entire first game without the silencer for example, using only back takedowns. I really cocked it up but loved my 2nd run through the alternate timeline. I'd really recommend it, although possibly not on Switch for all the cheap 8gb card shenanigans.

3 minutes ago, Stanley said:

If it's genuinely easy to play it wrong that would suggest pretty poor design.

It totally could, that's why I'm explaining what can be missed. It's well worth it though, the Terror Billy propaganda stuff is brilliant too. 

6 minutes ago, Tumble Cream said:

Well with respect, it's very easy to "do it wrong". If you don't use the silencer, dont see the upgrades, dont pick up the map to get the secrets, you can have a bad time. I'm not trying to be condescending, it's genuinely easy to play it wrong. Its so worth it though, the bit with the giant robo-dog is worth the admission. 

The game in it's trailers is marketed as a run and gun male power fantasy dual wielding shotguns and exploding nazis.

The actual game has a horrendously broken difficulty making that sort of gameplay impossible on anything other than the baby difficulty.

Maybe the trailers should've just shown the right way to play it - stick a silencer on the pew pew pistol and play it like a 3rd rate stealth game instead.

Glad you liked it, I thought it was an absolute load of toss.

3 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

The game in it's trailers is marketed as a run and gun male power fantasy dual wielding shotguns and exploding nazis.

The actual game has a horrendously broken difficulty making that sort of gameplay impossible on anything other than the baby difficulty.

Maybe the trailers should've just shown the right way to play it - stick a silencer on the pew pew pistol and play it like a 3rd rate stealth game instead 

Man you really hated it. I'm running it on hard and finding no problems, although oddly it is harder at the start with the 50 health limit. I guess I just love the world and really enjoy it. Surprised to be in the minority. 

Oh and its full of exploding Nazis and run and gun,  I like to set the alarms off and slaughter the floods of backup with heavy artillery and dual wields. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Tumble Cream said:

Man you really hated it. I'm running it on hard and finding no problems, although oddly it is harder at the start with the 50 health limit. I guess I just love the world and really enjoy it. Surprised to be in the minority. 

Oh and its full of exploding Nazis and run and gun,  I like to set the alarms off and slaughter the floods of backup with heavy artillery and dual wields. 

Reading my post back makes me sound like a right prick so I do apologize for the high levels of snark.

I didn't really hate it so much as i was bitterly disappointed by it. I'm not sure what's worse !

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Down by Law said:

Maybe the trailers should've just shown the right way to play it - stick a silencer on the pew pew pistol and play it like a 3rd rate stealth game instead.

Glad you liked it, I thought it was an absolute load of toss.

The only real nessecary stealth is to take out the two commanders per area, and that's totally optional. Ah well sorry you didn't enjoy it. Luckily it's Bethesda so they end up super cheap quite quickly. Possibly not on Switch although I can't believe this 8gb card malarkey. Why even bother with a physical release!!

Just now, Down by Law said:

Reading my post back makes me sound like a right prick so I do apologize for the high levels of snark.

I didn't really hate it so much as i was bitterly disappointed by it. I'm not sure what's worse !

Not a prob, I didn't realise i was pissing everyone off with my phraseology. I came to the series with no expectations so my experience has all be an upward trajectory. I was giggling like a schoolgirl at the main audition scene. Any way sorry for the topic takeover. 

I realised that I didn't like how the game played when, on the second level, I died around 10 times in a row on normal difficulty. I noticed that I was shooting the most basic sailor thug in the face 2 or 3 times and they weren't going down. Enemies just overwhelmed me in a way that never happened in the previous Wolfenstein games.

Because the game had a huge patch, I was playing the early levels before that kicked in, so maybe they sorted that out in the end, I don't know.

Playing on easy was somewhat fun, but only to progress the plot. I felt pretty much invincible.

It's not as good as The New Order but it's not shit by any means.

The difficulty is definitely tuned for keyboard and mouse. I found I was able to run and gun for most of the game (in fact, was pretty disappointed that this was possible, it really feels like a fail state in TNO), that fucking courthouse scene (where you're really at the mercy of the AI not creaming you in seconds) being the only major stumbling block.

I wouldn't recommend a first playthrough on Switch, in the same way as I wouldn't for Doom 2016.

5 minutes ago, MK-1601 said:

I wouldn't recommend a first playthrough on Switch, in the same way as I wouldn't for Doom 2016.

Have you played either on Switch?

Courthouse scene was godly. Tricky on hard but satisfying. Headshots are OP and once you're out of the main room you're home free. Then what happened afterwards :o