rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
nakamura

FIFA 18. Fuelled by Ronaldo, or something.

New game reveal, as if we didn't know it was coming.

Fuelled by Ronaldo, who is the best really.

What do you want to see this year?

Ronaldo..

Screenshot_20170605-163607.png

• Upvote 1

Pretty funny how he goes on a dribble (which he never does anymore) followed by scoring a free kick (which he never does anymore).

• Upvote 1

He does when I'm controlling him 8-)

but seriously, Legends on PS4 is huge! 

There was me planning to swerve FUT on Fifa18 but they dragged me back in.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nakamura said:

Legends on PS4 is big.

Why swerve FUT @gooner4life? You seem to like it this year!

It's been a huge time sink, also bordering on obsession at times, I've gone through periods where the game is just screwing me and I'm not enjoying it and I am still sitting there playing it instead of doing other things.

But legends... can't pass that up.

• Upvote 2

Not excited for it tbh, i'm sure I will pick it up at some point but I won't be in any rush =/

11 hours ago, gooner4life said:

It's been a huge time sink, also bordering on obsession at times, I've gone through periods where the game is just screwing me and I'm not enjoying it and I am still sitting there playing it instead of doing other things.

But legends... can't pass that up.

That has kinda happened to me but I've had some serious personal issues so it has been a distraction. 

It's knowing when to stop.

• Upvote 1

Its fair to say I will never see a legend in my team. Looking forward to seeing Gooners Legend Gallacticos though!

• Upvote 3

There's some around the 100k mark right now. The pound shop legends like Carragher. 

Goober to get a team like yours, what's the genuine net spend been? I managed to get one blue once and spend about 50 quid 

FIFA 18 will have team styles on the major platforms apparently.

Also confirmed for Switch as FIFA 18 with majority of modes including FUT.

Refinements it all it needs imo. They need to vary the AI play style especially. On the ball I think it's the best there is. Maybe slow it a touch.

Sounds amazing, people who have had hands on have been very positive on it, world of difference between early impressions of this compared to 17.

Excellent news about the Switch getting Ultimate Team as well!

• Upvote 1

Some Pro Clubs info from Reddit

I’ve got the Beta for FIFA 18 Pro Clubs.. 

What's New: - Hairstyles in every length - Celebrations - Kit Designs - Kit Colours - Custom Away Kits - Set Play styles - Match Room Player roles - Match Room Layout - Player Growth

As for the gameplay for me the passing is clean, player movement feels slow and very sluggish. It seems agility, dribbling and pace are going to be the key factors judging from the Beta, the turning agility of the AI and the reaction times are awful. 

Overall it seems progress is being made, but slowly, very slowly for Pro Clubs. Still no tattoos, custom hairstyles/colours or custom boots. Stadiums are all still the same, no customization options added. 

I love the fact you can now set up your pro as 3 different player roles, for example.. I have mine with a CB, ST and CAM set up, all different heights, weight and different traits and skill points.. very easily snap and change to each pro set up, saves changing absolutely everything when changing position after a game. 

They have entirely revamped the player growth, skill points now turn up in high numbers, each game i was receiving between 3 and 10 skill points. The traits and stat boosts are now in a tree format. For example to upgrade your pace fully, you must purchase the base acceleration (1 skill point) to which it branches down to the next stage of acceleration (2 skill points) and then you can purchase the first Sprint Speed (1 skill point) and then the next stages below that, skill points rise the more stages you progress.

To gain 5* skills you must now purchase 4 stages of dribbling (4 skill points) to gain +1 skill move (4 skill points) and the procedure follows through ball control and agility, so skill moves will cost you a lot. I'm still unknown to how many skill points until you reach the limit. Progression bars for each stat are now in percentages, for example i have 86 standing tackle and i'm 8% through that level, 92% off 87.. giving us a rough idea how far away from an attribute upgrade we are. You can now also upgrade goalkeepers attributes (reflexes, handing etc) instead of just giant throw and driven kick even though they are also stat purchases.

Drop in matches are also still 5v5!

You can now make you pro react through "emotes" in game by pressing different directions on the D-Pad.. Pressing up for example will make your pro clap "applauding the pass" - Thanks to @Mr_Wilsonn for noticing this!

Little differences in game: - Referees wear white boots - Vanishing spray is now used online - Celebrate with members of the crowd

I'm sorry for the extremely long post but if i've missed anything please let me know and any questions you guys might have, comment and i'll answer the best i can!

• Upvote 1

More about the Skills tree.

It's definitely a new system. There are multiple tabs corresponding to each skill type i.e. Passing, physical, defense, dribbling, shooting which are the same categories as last year, but this year instead of being in a circle they are listed across the top as tabs.

In each tab there are between 1 and 4 skill trees. For pace there is just one tree that splits off into two branches for speed and acceleration, and in shooting there are 4 trees, some just have one branch like free kick accuracy, and one has 3 branches. Each branch contains 3-5 attribute increase spots which cost more skill points as you go down the tree. At the bottom of each branch generally there is a skill attribute that such as a weak foot star or power header. That being said equipping multiple skill attributes requires tons on skill points.

For example the top of the shooting tree is +1 finishing which costs 1 skill point if you continue to follow the branch that corresponds to finishing the next attribute circle costs 1 skill point and is another +1 finishing, the third circle costs 2 for another +1 finishing, the 4th circle is finesse shot and costs 4 skill points. So in order to equip finesse shot you must commit 8 skill points to that skill branch. (Disclaimer, numbers may not be 100% accurate I'm not at my console)

Another important thing to note is that skill move and weak foot increasss are only 1 star at a time. Multiple trees contain weak foot and skill move increases at the bottom of a branch. For example the bottom of the free kick accuracy tree contains +1 weak foot, and the bottom of the dribbling tree also has +1 weak foot. You start with 2 star skills and 2 star weak foot there are three stat increases for each category giving you the potential of 5* in both.

• Upvote 1

That all sounds promising.

Someone posted a picture of a pro clubs champions mode which sounds like it would be similar to the weekend league.  

Competitive Pro clubs could be great

That sounds like that could be very decent for those that prefer the camaraderie of friends in Clubs rather than the FUT.

• Upvote 1

Yeah I’ll be all over that, I wasn’t on Clubs too much this year but I’ll be back for more games throughout this time round. 

Speaking of Pro Clubs...

Fucking gimmicky shit. I'd rather they focused on the game more, ie have a change player button that works for you rather than against. :lol:

• Upvote 3

Surprised they haven't done the journey with a female lead? As a society we are pushing female lead roles at the moment....

That said yeah the game's utter crap at times with some of the nonsense that happens. Or when you click a button to shoot or something and your pro just stands there...

Ah good old fifa, what would we do without ya

Anyone considering the Switch version?  Its got FUT etc but i'm still not sure if its the 'full' game ie the physics engine and other gubbins. If its the same game with slightly less effects im in.  FUT in bed is the dream.