Football Kits 2017/18

ckny

Not just sponsors! When Joma took over making the kits from Addidas I had to go on a Google hunt to find out who the hell they are. As for the sponsor, it's yet another Asian betting company. I have a slight suspicion it's the same people behind each one, they just keep rebranding. 

It will be just above that when we finish our new stand (September under the current timeline) @McFly. Up until that it was around 17k.

Given the way the second half of our season went, with a lot of fans unhappy at the direction things were going, both season tickets and kit sales have been very good early doors. Here's hoping we have the team to match it!

19 minutes ago, Headache said:

Not just sponsors! When Joma took over making the kits from Addidas I had to go on a Google hunt to find out who the hell they are. As for the sponsor, it's yet another Asian betting company. I have a slight suspicion it's the same people behind each one, they just keep rebranding. 

This is obviously not just a Swansea issue but I hate seeing clubs with betting companies as sponsors. I'd like to see it banned. (Although it's not just clubs obviously so fat chance, the Sky Bet Championship indeed...)

Probably one more for the main football thread but this is a good read on the way gambling has become such a big part of football.

2 minutes ago, Daley said:

This is obviously not just a Swansea issue but I hate seeing clubs with betting companies as sponsors. I'd like to see it banned. (Although it's not just clubs obviously so fat chance, the Sky Bet Championship indeed...)

Probably one more for the main football thread but this is a good read on the way gambling has become such a big part of football.

I agree. I hate seeing my club promoting betting companies, and I've not bought a shirt in years because I don't want to walk around advertising one myself.

I'd buy the shit out of a shirt that had Joe's or Verdi's (local Swansea ice cream places) as the sponsor though! That's what I'd love to see. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Headache said:

I agree. I hate seeing my club promoting betting companies, and I've not bought a shirt in years because I don't want to walk around advertising one myself.

I'd buy the shit out of a shirt that had Joe's or Verdi's (local Swansea ice cream places) as the sponsor though! That's what I'd love to see. :lol:

That would be great. I like the charity thing a few clubs have done also. Plus the no sponsor thing as mentioned.

Shows the difference in approach between US and European sports. A Spurs-supporting mate (yes I have some unfortunately) was asked if he worked for Hewlett-Packard when wearing his Spurs shirt on holiday a few years back when they was their main sponsor.

6 hours ago, Revival said:

Maybe someone at Nike made a mistake as these are on show in the NYC branch before either clubs official unveil. And yeah they have put Man City shorts with the away kit.

The NYC branch of what? There's all sorts of other brands and teams on the go there so I guess it's a generic sports shop. Anyway, the shorts ain't right on any of those mannequins but oh dearie I couldn't possibly comment on the rest.

Also: good news about all this sponsor bollocks with the FA binning Ladbrokes after only a year and not doing gambling sponsors at all anymore. I wonder if that'll start to affect clubs in the future... ahahaho.

It would be cool if there was an option to buy a sponsorless shirt or a sponsored shirt. If you buy the sponsored one you would get it a bit cheaper as youre walking about with an advert on your body. 

I would love to know the logic behind third kits. Some clubs have them every year, some when they feel like it, and some (e.g. Watford*) have never had one at all. Does it depend on the manufacturer? If we have a silly one this year I would probably buy it just for the novelty.

*And it's not because Watford are yellow, Norwich often seem to have a 3rd.

It would be good if teams could compromise a little and go for sponsors that fit with their colours at least. I understand they'll just go where the money is and accept that they'll always have sponsors but Liverpool sponsored by Coke would at least look a bit better, Everton could be Pepsi or something.

On 20/06/2017 at 14:44, diddlydennis said:

New Norwich kit supposedly leaked...

I quite like it, but if it's true then I won't be buying it for the first time in 15 years. Felt enough of a wally wandering around advertising Aviva. I shant be doing the same for a gambling company.

Not that they'll miss my £50, but still.

image.jpg

Get Poll Whithey to sponsor it and its a cracking kit!

I haven't bought a new shirt since the 90s, just going with a nice 1920s Toffs one for the most part but I was tempted this year for a keepsake as much as anything else. Hopefully we'd have a simple, classy design for our first top flight season in decades.

Clipboard01.jpg.654592fbed41706fb72db8cbba5ca28f.jpg

Oh. Well I guess a predominantly white shirt with migraine-inducing blue 'stripes', red bits all over and a Chinese betting company no-one's ever heard of whacked on with Pritt Stick at the last second is the next best thing? Thank fuck this is our last year with Puma.

On the upside, Aaron Mooy will be wearing it :omg:

Plymouth's away kit also needs mentioning. Beamed direct from 1993.

plymouth_argyle_17_18_puma_away_kit.jpg.e8c00fe10bbb74633bdedaa1071c6cfb.jpg

4 hours ago, Plissken said:

Sorry, Huddersfield, but that is a relegation kit if ever I saw one.

We all thought the same about this dog's dinner, but thankfully we survived.

HTAFC-Home-Shirt-2014-15.jpg

Haven't yet managed to decide if this year's is worse or not.