rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
wev

Formula E

1 minute ago, kiroquai said:

Another slightly mad race. Attack mode worked much better this weekend. 

Absolutely brilliant. really not sure what happened to the lead of the front two. Was Costa struggling and sims was given the ok to overtake. I completely dissagree with the commentators who seemed to blame sims for the collision. As far as I can tell, costa was put under pessure and locked up almost taking out his team-mate.

Mental race, I'm loving the unpredictability. Thanks for the freeview channel info, had completely forgotten about it being on the red button and the official YouTube channel said I wasn't in a supported country? 

I think if the BBC are also screening it live the streaming doesn't work in the UK. At the last race which was shown delayed on the Red Button it was available live on YouTube. It was another great race but I think they need more variety in the coverage to show where they are, having all the same adverts surrounding the track means it could be taking place anywhere. I'd also completely forgotten it was on and only realised it was when qualifying highlights appeared in my YouTube recommendations.

The first corner is still absolutely ridiculous in Mexico but it’s nice to see the crowd at the ePrix and this race looks very well attended.

It was a Max Verstappen style defensive move that Piquet couldn’t react in time to avoid and just hit him. FE races are always anarchic and the Mexico layout always seems to result in a lot of incidents.

I'm loving Formula E this year. 

I'd worried the move away from the mid race car changeover would make the races dull, however this season has been as enjoyable as the others. 

I love the move to a 45 minute race and the attack zone has been more fun than I'd expected (although I wish it had replaced fanboost which I'm still not fond of).

• Upvote 1

You’re missing the advertising hoardings that mean the race could be taking place anywhere. I hope there’s enough room for the cranes to lift Vandoorme’s car out of the wall, assuming he stil has a drive at that time.

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

That's an old picture, they've sold that track now.

Yes, they sold it to the Formula E people. It's being shipped to ExCel as we speak. 

• Upvote 3