rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
MW_Jimmy

Shadow of the Colossus Remake (Bluepoint)

A thread of speculation.

Bluepoint Games are, in my opinion, the best in the business in porting games to new platforms and go above and beyond. Be that in even attempting to port Titanfall to Xbox 360, to the Uncharted Collection with its control tweaks and extra modes. The last game they released was over a year ago, Gravity Rush Remastered, and have been silent since. The only clue of their current project is this statement:

We are passionately at work remaking a classic for current-gen game systems, growing our capabilities as a team and raising the bar for what fans anticipate from us.

What is it they are working on? My guesses:

Demon Souls Remastered - clearly a game that could do with a little bit of polish, and definitely something fans would be eager to revisit.

Shenmue 1 and 2 - Remaking Shenmue so that it is not just a port and upscale, would clearly be a huge undertaking. There is plenty of scope to rethink, systems, control mechanics, and the information that is shared between the two games.

I'd like to know. 

Titanfall on the 360 was a fantastically done port. Unreal they got it running so well on that hardware.

Money's on a Ridge 4 remake. So that's Tekken, Wipeout and Ridge all this year which would be fucking DOPE. 

They haven't done anything or been vocal for a couple of years so it could be a very big project. Shenmue I&II would be a good bet.

Dark Souls would be a better project. Shenmue doesn't hold up well in the gameplay department these days.

Unless BluePoint in combination with Sega and/or Yu better the games in every aspect. Maybe as a teaser to Shenmue 3.

"Current gen systems" negates a Demon Souls remake as Sony hold the IP. Would dig the fuck out of an Infamous collection remake though. Festival of Blood was dope. 

11 minutes ago, clippa said:

I think M2 deserve that accolade. Sorry, had an overwhelming urge to big them up when I read that, as you were.

Oh M2 are amazing as well. Those 3D remasters on the 3DS of Megadrive games are brilliant, and the Sega Ages collections on PS2 left no stone unturned. Im also a fan of Hexadrive too.

1 hour ago, yashiro said:

Dark Souls would be a better project. Shenmue doesn't hold up well in the gameplay department these days.

But what if it was more than just a Remaster? It's interesting that they use the word 'Remake' instead, and Shenmue could have some significant gameplay changes made (larger areas, true analogue movement and animation, proper lip-synching) that would definitely made it more than just a Remaster.

Mass Effect trilogy remaster...now with cool ending where you take down Harbinger and dance on its robotic bones.

sigh

• Upvote 2

Shenmue Collection would be my guess. Shown at Sony's E3 conference before or after a trailer for Shenmue III.

2 hours ago, clippa said:

Referee!

utac.jpg.458e5c605cc4e839f4cb9622fb77688c.jpg

He doesn't seem to mind being tackled from behind but it's still an illegal move. I don't know what fifa's official stance is regarding interspecies buggery, but it seems rude to not at least wait until half time.

Did we not have a thread about the Phoenix games years back?

It was brilliant.

34 minutes ago, parrapatheslapper said:

Did we not have a thread about the Phoenix games years back?

It was brilliant.

Yes. And here it is.

• Upvote 1

On a serious note, I truly hope it is Mass Effect Trilogy. I remember reading EA saying they are interested in remasters if they are done very well.

If anything, that should be a positive sign right? Hey EA, we don't want Andromeda and care not for any DLC. Give us the old ME we all love and treasure.

What I wouldn't mind seeing: 

Persona 3 and/or 4

Vagrant Story

Eternal Darkness

Dark Cloud 2

Burnout 1-3

Silent Hill 1-3

Jak & Daxter 1

Time Splitters 1-3

Viewtiful Joe 1-2

Suikoden 1-2

• Upvote 1