IGNORED

The Orville - Season 3 starts now on Disney+

Thor

3 hours ago, RFT said:

re: Alara (Season 2)

Hide contents

She left because she was offered a more secure gig on "Prodigal Son" (show where Micheal Sheen is a serial killer in jail helping his son solve crimes) and the scheduling wouldn't allow her to do both.

Which got cancelled.

• 3 weeks later...

The new season could be the last. There's no immediate plans for another season. Cast have been released from their contracts as their options expired. Some are getting into other projects. The season isn't a definitive ending to the show and leaves the door open for more, but it would involve extra work getting the cast back. But it at least sounds like it shouldn't be ending on a cliffhanger.

https://deadline.com/2022/04/the-orville-season-4-uncertain-seth-macfarlane-cast-hulu-1235001564/

Never say never I suppose. Maybe Disney are waiting to see how successful this season is before committing to anything. It would be a real shame if it wasn't renewed at some point.

Are they still looking into their Firefly reboot? Maybe they feel like one space opera is enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit!! This is fantastic!

Almost at the end of season two on Disney+ and the last few episodes have really upped the ante on what the show can do.

Bonus marks for Leighton Meester.

On 14/04/2022 at 18:28, Doctor Shark said:

Here you go 

and live:

That one is great for the absolutely hammered Russell crowe on stage with him as well as Hugh Jackman who at least seems to be holding it down better. 

Couldn't quite recognise who the others were but what a novelty but of a karaoke evening :)

• 3 weeks later...

We just finished a re-watch of the first two seasons and I don’t think there’s a dud in there. Actual Star Trek whiffed it more than this, and the use of continuity is really graceful. A low-key modern classic SF show.

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Not seen Strange New Worlds but yeah, probably. Nu-Trek is shit Trek. 

I haven't seen the new Orville episode yet, but I wouldn't write off SNW based on the rest of new Trek. I despise the majority of Picard and Discovery, love The Orville, but think SNW is excellent too.

EDIT: If it helps, my wife who has only see the odd bit of Trek but always watches The Orville with me, enjoyed last week's SNW episode and described it as being "a bit like The Orville". :D

3 hours ago, Doctor Shark said:

Not seen Strange New Worlds but yeah, probably. Nu-Trek is shit Trek. 

Ddduuuuuuuuuuddddeee! Strange New Worlds is actually light-years apart from the absolute dogshit that is Discovery and Picard.

That was excellent. A great sci-fi exploration of a very down to earth issue, and yes the production values seem to have been cranked up a notch too. There were some great effects shots in there, and it sounds like they've got a bigger orchestra at work too.

8 hours ago, Mogster said:

my wife who has only see the odd bit of Trek but always watches The Orville with me, enjoyed last week's SNW episode and described it as being "a bit like The Orville". :D

Weirdly, there was a bit of this episode that was incredibly similar to that particular SNW episode.