6 minutes ago, Pug said:

Talking of choppers, how the how are you supposed to keep up with that one in the 2nd part of that side mission?! 

Had to give up after over an hour trying.

Cross country on an ATV - if that's the tapes mission. Surprised that others are finding the helicopter controls difficult. I mean, I have a fair amount of experience in Birds of Steel War Thunder but not on helicopters and it flies just fine - hi-ho.

2 minutes ago, Pug said:

It is and I just can't do the 2nd bit. I do fine the first stretch but then no matter where I try the chopper reaches that 300m.

To be fair, I've not done it myself but am relating what my lady wife did on the first day - wiped out a fair few times by taking jumps too recklessly and hugging trees etc. I'll tackle it myself tomorrow and put up a run-through.

3 hours ago, Pug said:

It is and I just can't do the 2nd bit. I do fine the first stretch but then no matter where I try the chopper reaches that 300m.

Tag the copter as a waypoint then just keep to the roads. I had awful trouble with it too. A lot of the time the bloke wouldn't bother getting into the chopper.

Just ended a session by trying the Far Cry Arcade multiplayer. 

The first map was a 12-man deathmatch (everyone armed with only a pipe or a smoke grenade) in a small room with a giant monkey.

The next was a "farm" map with everyone just spamming grenades and rocket launchers. 

It's totally crap, but funny. They've created the Trackmania of first-person-shooters.

9 hours ago, Pug said:

I lost it a couple of times going cross county on a quad bike so instead switched to the 4x4 / truck and went cross country on the first section then just followed it using the roads. The chopper actually flies above the road network so although it felt I was going to lose it, in reality it stays on a road-friendly route. 

12 minutes ago, Strafe said:

I only have one :(

Plus I just want to be left alone :coffee:

I'm the same, don't like having a partner in games, always used to dismiss them straight away in Fallout. I'm a very selfish gamer I like each kill to be my own, especially when taking a base, I like to systematically take out each enemy myself rather than having somebody else do half of it. 

The plane ally is good when you are being bothered by helicopters or planes though. Just call him up and let him take them out. I then dismiss him straight away as his constant droning annoys the hell out of me. 

Same thing for when the silent approach is needed and you have a ground based ally with you. I dismiss them straight away once stealth is needed as they seem to always go in hard.

1 hour ago, CovisGod said:

I'm the same, don't like having a partner in games, always used to dismiss them straight away in Fallout. I'm a very selfish gamer I like each kill to be my own, especially when taking a base, I like to systematically take out each enemy myself rather than having somebody else do half of it. 

Then don't recruit them?

Absolutely loving this so far. Much more interesting setting and antagonist than the last 2 games 

I find the whole cult thing very interesting. Started watching the excellent Wild Wild Country on Netflix as an accompaniment to the game. 

Only minus so so far is the sniper rifle which is awkward to use. Love the dog. 

12 hours ago, Pug said:

Okay, did the mission and both are possible, as in cross-country on the ATV (be careful, feather the throttle and when you cross the main highway, follow the roads as @MagicalDrop suggests. I will say I have an inordinate amount of hours experience in Fuel doing cross-country dashes on trail bikes ATVs and jeeps. Odd thing I did notice, is It didn't penalise me for them seeing me - so maybe that isn't important.

So, head off slightly right if on the ATV and then bear slightly left of the target farm, wait and chase off directly through the forest aiming for the fairly open areas as you go. I avoided the big jump at the bottom; maybe that helps and then bore left on the highway and followed the road. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. 

Think I just had the most Far Cry 5 experience. It was a mission to rescue 3 hostages. As I was circling the camp and spotting enemies with the binoculars a member of the resistance drove into the camp ramming into a guard and then was blown up which killed the first hostage so everything went loud and another guard executed the second hostage during the fight and then just as the fight was drawing to a close a fucking plane crash landed into the camp killing the third hostage.

2 hours ago, sofasurfer said:

The plane ally is good when you are being bothered by helicopters or planes though. Just call him up and let him take them out. I then dismiss him straight away as his constant droning annoys the hell out of me. 

Same thing for when the silent approach is needed and you have a ground based ally with you. I dismiss them straight away once stealth is needed as they seem to always go in hard.

How do you dismiss outside of the pause menu?

3 hours ago, Strafe said:

I only have one :(

Plus I just want to be left alone :coffee:

About the only way I’ve found the partners bearable is to select a sniper focussed one, find a nearby high point/billboard/water tower to station them on, then leave them there while you stealth in. If anything goes wrong, you get cover, and if there’s a single enemy left who you might not get to without being detected then have them bump him off. 

I was left exasperated when I nearly achieved an ‘undetected’ outpost clearing and it was ruined by my AI partner who got stuck in a doorway. From then on, none of them have accompanied me close by!