Wccftech – 9.1

CGMagazine – 9

We Got This Covered – 4.5/5

Windows Central – 5/5

COGconnected – 90/100

Hobby Consolas [Spanish] – 93/100

VGN [Italian]- 9.2

(Being updated regularly)

That Guardian review is really good. I haven't played the game, obviously, but that's an extremely well-written piece. The bit about being constantly bothered by bad guys turned me off quite a bit - I like open world games that give you a bit of space to breathe and to explore. Dying Light was particularly bad for this, the open-country bit was absolutely rammo with bad guys.

The frequency of enemy and animal spawns is worrying, especially as it was a known issue with FC4, and seemed to be massively dialled back via patches when I finally got round to playing it properly last year. Hopefully it's something Ubi can patch if it really is fucking up stealth approaches and making the player feel harassed.

I do quite like the idea of the enemy patrols ramping up as you get close to finishing an area though. I always thought that approach made more sense (from a gameplay point of view) than areas getting quieter (and easier) as you progress. It'd spur you on to finish off the leader ASAP.

Regarding the tone, it seems like it's fallen foul of the same thing as Ghost Recon Wildlands. Luckily that doesn't bother me as I consider it outwith the gameplay for the most part.

21 minutes ago, K said:

That Guardian review is really good. I haven't played the game, obviously, but that's an extremely well-written piece. The bit about being constantly bothered by bad guys turned me off quite a bit - I like open world games that give you a bit of space to breathe and to explore. Dying Light was particularly bad for this, the open-country bit was absolutely rammo with bad guys.

Reminds me of the respawning guards at the checkpoints in FC2. That got really annoying, really fast.

Like all Ubi games, this is a "in two years all patched up GOTY-edition for €20 game" for me.  

36 minutes ago, Fierce Poodle said:

Well Keza is a fine journalist, worth following her on The Guardian as she seems to do all the reviews now.

I know her from Kotaku.

Is Keza short for something? I've never heard it before but for all I know every other baby girl in Scotland is named Keza.

Concerning about the possibility of micro transactions although will withhold judgement to see how it is in practice. Obviously Star Wars Battlefront route would be unacceptable but if everything can be fairly easily obtained via in game methods it is not so bad. As for looting bodies, the method stated in the video has always been the method for doing it so is not a huge surprise (although I admit I usually skipped it part way through the game when you have enough cash to do what you want). 

1 hour ago, Uncle Nasty said:

Not great reviews from ACG and Eurogamer.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-03-25-far-cry-5-review

This isn't even a bad review. It got "wait for a sale" due to the AI being a bit janky and overly aggressive (just like all the ubi FC games then), and for some of the bugs encountered during play. 

Literally everything else, including the structure of the campaign and side missions is overwhelmingly positive. 

I can live with the cosmetic MT...do you even ever see your character/their cloths in gameplay>

Eyeing the £56 version on PSN (the Deluxe edition has PS+ discount making it only a quid or two more than normal)

Love all the people throwing their toys out of the pram because you have the option to buy stuff.  Seriously!!

I like RPGs and Survival games so I'm used to limited ammo, searching bodies etc.  I don't give a fuck about collecting everything and in WIldlands I used the same guns from about 3 hours in all the way through.

From what I can tell it's got a good story and looks a lot of fun, you can pick up guns that get dropped so you have a chance to use them all.

This is a Ubitheft game, did all you cancellers never play one before?

1 hour ago, Fierce Poodle said:

Well Keza is a fine journalist, worth following her on The Guardian as she seems to do all the reviews now.

Wasn't going to read the review until I saw your post. I like Keza's writing, and her review has put my mind at ease: don't buy it now. I enjoyed 3 but never finished it, loved 4 but mainly for the setting. Apparently Montana in this game is pretty flat (by comparison to FC 3 & 4), and if it's even more about shooting the bad guys, then ... no. Not for me. I always avoided the patrols in 3 & 4, and found the times I got into a gunfight with them a nuisance. They were always an obstacle to my enjoyment, rather than an integral part of it. 

I wouldn’t worry too much about the microtransactions in this - people were shitting themselves when they saw that Assassins Creed Unity and AC Syndicate had them, but they didn’t affect the game in any significant way - although they had plenty of other problems, obviously. 

For it all their faults, Ubisoft tend to implement microtransactions in a fairly innocuous way - they’re time savers rather than a pay to win mechanic. 

28 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

I know her from Kotaku.

Is Keza short for something? I've never heard it before but for all I know every other baby girl in Scotland is named Keza.

I've just always assumed it's "short" for Kerry but it seems like it's an actual name. Never heard else up here with that name though.