rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
dumpster

Farpoint - PlayStation VR

10 hours ago, catinthehat said:

You need to try and shoot the spiders, Sean, rather than the dirt.  Hope that helps.

FUCK the dirt, that's where the spiders are!

There already are in Arizona sunshine and Dick Wilde. But the main one will be bravo team from Supermassive, due Later this year Plus there's ROM extraction which I know nothing about. 

Should I buy this now? Coolshop have it in stock but Nordic edition?

Or wait and experience what PSVR has to offer with the demos & VR Worlds?

Just in case VR makes me feel sick or I hate it?

Actually forget it I've answered my own question I will wait.

2 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Yeah, hit the brakes, gospvg. Ease yourself in. :)

Yep need to calm down, getting too excited to try it :omg:

The last thing you want is to rush into a game like this, feel sick, push yourself too far, then either hate it or not want to play it again.

Farpoint is one of my top three experiences on PSVR, but that's mostly down to being able to play it like a proper FPS. If I felt sick simply by moving forward or strafing in VR, the game wouldn't even register with me.

2 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Yeah, hit the brakes, gospvg. Ease yourself in. :)

13 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Yep need to calm down, getting too excited to try it :omg:

that's what SHE said!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, murray said:

The last thing you want is to rush into a game like this, feel sick, push yourself too far, then either hate it or not want to play it again.

Farpoint is one of my top three experiences on PSVR, but that's mostly down to being able to play it like a proper FPS. If I felt sick simply by moving forward or strafing in VR, the game wouldn't even register with me.

Yep going to stick with the demos, Star Wars & VR Worlds for now.

Get comfortable using VR before I tackle a game like Farpoint. Skyrim & Doom getting VR releases is good, hoping that Fallout 4 is only a year exclusive & will be on PSVR next year.

Was slightly worried about ongoing support for the unit but I think like the Vita it will continue to receive enough support to keep it going even by developers making ports from Rift or Vive. Also for £250 it was the decision do I go for the Switch now or get PSVR.

I don't have a PC to run Rift or Vive so PSVR is my only option to experience VR, The Switch can wait till next year.

Even if they never put out another PSVR game I would have enough still unplayed to keep me going for a year or more. Had it since launch and barely scratched the surface of what's on the store.

just got this today for my birthday. been out all day in manchester, and need to take the dog for a walk now, but once that is done im sitting down to play this. 

been busting to play this for months. 

:wub: 

The second batch of farpoint packs have been shipped by Amazon now, so there's probably a few more of us playing the game now.

The aim controller's a bit special isn't it. It forces you to change your approach to playing a 1st person shoot'em up and introduces problems you would never experience when playing with a mouse of pad, it's glorious! 
If you're right handed then it's quicker and easier to shoot targets on your left rather than the right, so you've got to take this into account when navigating levels. 
If you don't properly align the front of the gun with the back, something that's not always easy to do when you're being attacked from all sides and panicking, you'll miss the target every time, even if your out by only a few degrees. I'm actually having to use iron sights with a shotgun and it works beautifully.

I'd love to try a Destiny style game with this set up, it would really mix up the skill sets needed.

Has anyone tried the challenge missions?

I really enjoyed the main game, but the challenges are even better.  The check points are a brilliant idea, they force you to be on the attack at all times, a bit like the Doom remake. It's always the same number and types of enemies that spawn in, but their behavior changes depending on what you do. Seemingly impossible missions suddenly become doable with just a little change in tactics.

One little thing I learnt that makes the levels far easier is...

If you hit the reload button and immediately swap weapons, that weapon will continue to reload in the background. So by juggling two weapons it's possible to lay down a constant stream of fire. 

12 minutes ago, parrapatheslapper said:

This no longer shows as been for sale via Argos - just the standalone game is now available.  Is that a sign that it is no longer produced?

No other retailers selling it either?

https://www.smythstoys.com/uk/en-gb/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-4/playstation-4-games/farpoint-ps-vr-%2b-aim-controller/p/158490

out of stock

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=aim+controller

have delisted it, and amazon market place prices are past the £100 mark.

Yeah, pack it up boys, it's done...

[edit]

I've asked frank...

15 minutes ago, parrapatheslapper said:

This no longer shows as been for sale via Argos - just the standalone game is now available.  Is that a sign that it is no longer produced?

Standalone aim controllers are starting to be seen in some countries now so that unfortunately points to the farpoint bundle being no more. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/6qo4y2/sony_are_selling_standalone_psvr_aim_controllers/ 

The bundle did show up in Argos again a few weeks ago and has just dropped in price by £20. If you can find stock then this is likely the last chance to pick this up new and at <£55.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HiggsBoson said:

The bundle did show up in Argos again a few weeks ago and has just dropped in price by £20. If you can find stock then this is likely the last chance to pick this up new and at <£55.

Got mine from Argos last week for £75.  

Only played the co-op for a bit so far but it's great.  

Did anyone suffer awful drift with this game? Keeps going off by a huge amount and the option button reset is little help when it does.  Pretty much unplayable as it is; first time VR has been this bad for me so I'm thinking of returning it.