Clipper

Rllmuk Dungeons and Dragons 5e - Storm King's Thunder

There's also the two new official expansions - but they're not due out until September and November..

The low level city/RP focused one (Waterdeep: Dragon Heist) & a huge dungeon delve (Dungeon of the Mad Mage) - which goes all the way up to lv20..

On 31/07/2018 at 22:22, Clipper said:

that settles it we are definitely NOT doing vampires :blink:

But I really want to be a Bride of Dracula :(

So looks like it's all up to you to choose what we do :)

ok.. with some/a lot! of help I have a germ of an idea for the future. But it requires some effort for you guys...

if it is not too much trouble over next couple of weeks could you roll up/devise a new 1st level character each? Not a throwaway but something you fancy playing - backstory as much or as little as you like as ever. Send it to me when you are happy - you can use any offical 5e d&d resource but not unearthed arcana.

Spoiler avoidance...

1) This does NOT mean the current campaign will end

2) it does not preclude the adding of new characters/members

3) If  you want to chat about characters between yourselves then feel free but in some ways it is better if you work alone on them :D

Edit - for these 1st level characters please use the "standard rolls" rule from the players handbook - no need to roll those pesky d6s :) 15,14,13,12,10,8 distributed as you see fit.

you shouldn't be short of lvl 10 so set your Xp to lvl 10 amount. Saving Hekaton is a big story "beat" and needs dealing with accordingly.

And yes we are playing tonight.

regarding the lvl1 characters - to save you time in case we end up with 4 clerics all rolled up , msg me your plans before building the character and i can then warn you if anything is clashing badly.

and stuff from any book is fine but not Unearthed Arcana.

given Heiro's opinion on dice rolls I might get you all to roll your 4d6s tonight live at end of session*. That is not an indication of when we might be using the new characters but sooner rather than later is best to have stuff ready just in case.

* I will intervene if someone gets a superbad set of rolls and offer them a switch to standard rolls... but that is my judgement and they would have to be pretty bad to make me do that :D Basically I would do it in that case purely because it isn't fun to play a character who cannot do anything.

I think 8 is the worst number.

Its just crap when you try to do anything but not bad enough for decent RP (in my head)

doesn't matter because you can move the scores around.

Usually i choose race class first then see what stats they get... usually because I choose race class based on what I want to play :D

Honestly as much as I am pro- dice rolls if you want to go with the array @Clipper I'm okay with that (and have been playing around on that basis).

EDIT:  (It's just back in the day we rolled sets of stats until our fingers bled.)

6 hours ago, Clipper said:

you shouldn't be short of lvl 10 so set your Xp to lvl 10 amount. Saving Hekaton is a big story "beat" and needs dealing with accordingly.

And yes we are playing tonight.

regarding the lvl1 characters - to save you time in case we end up with 4 clerics all rolled up , msg me your plans before building the character and i can then warn you if anything is clashing badly.

and stuff from any book is fine but not Unearthed Arcana.

I reckon four clerics would make a pretty good party to be honest.

How about a Cleric, Paladin, Divine Sould Sorceror and...

im relaxed about a mixed party or an imbalanced party to be honest.

I mean we all say that is fun to play characters with flaws in terms of RP. Also it is fun to play an imbalanced party with its flaws. At one stage one campaign I played in had a Barbarian, a finesse fighter, and eldritch knight (fighter) and a ranged fighter. We got on just fine... one of us found god and multi classed to cleric due to an RP experience and it was all good fun.

Clerics are massively varied now as are most classes - a fighter can now cast spells, or have finesse and two handed attacks or go big tank. Clerics have so many domains and they all have their strengths and weaknesses.

This whole continuation has been given to me as an idea so credit to them (who I will name once I sort out the logistics for our party). I am running with it and it will result in a mix of a new campaign book and homebrew etc... As with all D&D it might not work 100% and it will adapt and evolve as we continue.

This new continuation does allow for adding new people so again it will involve a new thread and openings for new recruits if anyone fancied joining or rejoining :D I may start a new thread during our 2 week break just to get ducks in a row.

However these is some cracking stuff left as you have rescued Hekaton, but will this restore the ordning? What of the Kraken and its shady society and where is Iymrith/Lady Atalia :D

Tune in at 7:30!

15 hours ago, The Hierophant said:

I was with you right up until the standard array; D&D is all about rolling dice!

8 hours ago, Clipper said:

given Heiro's opinion on dice rolls I might get you all to roll your 4d6s tonight live

The irony being I rolled worse than the standard array. :lol: 

Still gonna play them!

1 minute ago, The Hierophant said:

The irony being I rolled worse than the standard array. :lol: 

Still gonna play them!

yeah only 1 18 at all - mogster got best rolls I think and the rest of you did ok with a couple of real stinker rolls

Hiero - 16 14 13 11 10 6

Hexx - 17 15 12 12 11 8

MDY - 18 13 12 11 10 7

Mogster - 16 14 14 13 13 10

So great stats from Mogster... MDY got a magical 18 which is always nice even with the 7 there. In fact you all got a better highest roll than standard rolls where max is 15

nice mix there... I look forward to seeing how the 8, 7 and 6 work out :D

Yeah I was very happy with rolls 

Possibly any of them. Only my first test run was an absolute stinker 

Would have preferred a higher third to get to +2 but that’s just being greedy :D

All have told me their classes and all but one have told me race. It is an interesting mix.

If you change your mind it is fine and you can message me. Otherwise go ahead and build the character and backstory and send me sheets when ready.

you can come from further afield originally if you wish but you all reside currently in the sword coast ont he map you know  (and I will obviously be gathering you up to a location) so living as a hermit in an obscure village you never leave will make that harder :D

If you login to roll20 you will see I have changed player focus to the map page if you'd like a reminder of where we are etc.

Period of time is same as now so giant incursions are commonplace etc which you might or might not wish to include in your storyline.