Jump to content
rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Anne Summers

Dark Souls 3 PvP Tournament (PS4)

Recommended Posts

Because quite a few people have said they would be interested in this over the years in various Souls threads ...

 

Rules will be posted when they are agreed on, in the main thread. 

 

For now just post your username if you want to take part. 

 

Edit: Last call for rule changes which will be finalised at midnight tonight (Sunday 7th May). 

 

Ashen ones signed up so far:

 

Anne Summers

MrHendo

Dood

Minion

 

Edit: Round 1 matches:

 

@Anne Summers v @dood

@Minionv @MrHendo

 

Please arrange matches at convenient times between yourself and report back here with the results. 

If it's possible to share videos of the fights that would make this much more fun, I think!

 

Remember, Arena matches, Duel mode, best of 3, no Tears of Denial. 

 

Try to complete fights before midnight on Sunday May 21 to keep things moving (I'm not going to call it a deadline, because with only four of us in, I'm not exactly going to disqualify anyone for not keeping to the schedule.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

xx_SIMULANT_xx  I have various characters of varying levels, 43, 117, 126, 135, 160. Happy to fight with any of them, I think I have a couple more, anyways thanks a lot for this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me!

PSN name is StealthyWeasel - character name is Miss Hapless. Level 231, though I might make a new one soon enough. 

Tag me or PM me if you need to, I rarely look in anything other than Discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

of course I'm interested.  LETS DO THIS. 

 

Only thing is, I can only guarantee availability on Wednesday evenings.  Too much IRL stuff going on! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well we have 4 which is the minimum we need really for anything we can call a "tournament" so lets press ahead with getting this going. 

 

@dood - My idea is that after we've set up who is fighting who, someone (me I assume) will post the matches here and players will arrange a time to fight between themselves, in here or over pm.

 

@Minion Not sure how we handle multiple characters - here's an idea - we just post our overall level range of all of the characters we want to use, and whoever does the matchmaking (me probably) will pick from within that range? I.e personally I would post 50 - 200 as I have three characters of level 50, 70-ish and 200. 

 

 

Here's the draft rules again that I posted in the main thread ...

 

Best of three Arena matches, on "Duel" setting (which I believe allows no use of Estus, haven't been on there for a while). 

No level caps - bring what you got. 

Players to leave their rllmuk username, character name, level range to the nearest 10 (for matching up first round contestants with others of similar level) in the thread if they want to take part. I will matchmake based purely on putting characters of similar levels together for Round 1, and post details of upcoming fights. Players arrange to meet and fight at a convenient time between themselves, then post up the results. 

Depending on how many people take part we then proceed to quarter finals, semi finals and finals, with me matchmaking, again based on keeping fights between characters at similar levels, as much as possible. 

 

Anyone got better ideas for any of that? Particularly the type of match - I just chose Duel because that's what I normally do if I arena fight with strangers, but do people prefer the option to use Estus? Is there a better match format, or should we avoid the arena all together and meet up through invasions or something (seems like it would be more complicated). Anyone seen any other DS PvP tournaments and know how it's generally done?

 

I am going to set a deadline of Sunday night (May 7) to finalise the rules, and we go with what we have at that point. 

 

Tagging @MrHendo as you requested it, and in case you have anything to suggest!

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy with the above - if we want to do best of 3 then using the arena is the best bet as it restarts things pretty quickly. 

 

Duel setting is fine, iirc it bans red estus, but limited blue estus is permitted (so casters have a chance). 

 

I'm slightly worried about having to fight @MrHendo when he has a character 100 levels higher than my highest character, but what the hell. 

 

 

More than a tourney, I'd be up for just doing a fight club between the lot of us if we could arrange to meet up one Weds evening.  Just pick a location like 1st High Wall bonfire, set a password and just red soapstone and take it in turns, winner-stays-on style. 

 

 

I'd also like to try the 4-way free for all (if that is indeed an option), think it could be pretty hilarious. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, dood said:

I'm happy with the above - if we want to do best of 3 then using the arena is the best bet as it restarts things pretty quickly. 

 

Duel setting is fine, iirc it bans red estus, but limited blue estus is permitted (so casters have a chance). 

 

I'm slightly worried about having to fight @MrHendo when he has a character 100 levels higher than my highest character, but what the hell. 

 

 

More than a tourney, I'd be up for just doing a fight club between the lot of us if we could arrange to meet up one Weds evening.  Just pick a location like 1st High Wall bonfire, set a password and just red soapstone and take it in turns, winner-stays-on style. 

 

 

I'd also like to try the 4-way free for all (if that is indeed an option), think it could be pretty hilarious. 

 

 

I think brawl only goes up to 3v3 doesn't it? Might be wrong, like I said, haven't played with the arena settings that much. Although I have had some very fun 3v3s.

Fight club sounds good too, not sure how we would coordinate it for winner-stays-on, though? How do we know who's turn it is next ? (or do we coordinate on the forum)?

 

Regarding the level differences - not sure there is a way around this really. I think that if the results make it clear what levels everyone is using, so it's clear what sort of handicap players were dealing with, skill will prevail, and glory will go to he (or she) who fights valiantly in the face of the odds.   

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

 

I think brawl only goes up to 3v3 doesn't it? Might be wrong, like I said, haven't played with the arena settings that much. Although I have had some very fun 3v3s.

Fight club sounds good too, not sure how we would coordinate it for winner-stays-on, though? How do we know who's turn it is next ? (or do we coordinate on the forum)?

 

Regarding the level differences - not sure there is a way around this really. I think that if the results make it clear what levels everyone is using, so it's clear what sort of handicap players were dealing with, skill will prevail, and glory will go to he (or she) who fights valiantly in the face of the odds.   

 

 

 

I'm pretty sure I saw a non-team-based option in the arena menu. Imagine regular deathmatch in an fps. I could be mistaken, though! 

 

And as for the fight club, I'd say host chooses who fights by way of gestures.  Host can't really fight because host need to keep using red summon signs to recall dead phantoms, and it'll kick everyone out if they die... But! We could do something funky like, if a non-host beats every other non-host, then the host fights them.  Whoever eventually kills the host gets to be the next host. 

 

(the word host has lost all meaning.) 

 

PS party chat is how we would coordinate, unless you're all averse to talking with strangers? I promise I won't ask you to come see my puppies. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re-posting:

 

Maybe this should go on the other thread but I think we should try the arena first as it has time limits and stuff but then we could also do fight clubs, the advantage being that you remain in embered form when summoned as a red. I don't think you're embered in the arena. Fight club also means one can watch others fighting  so could be more fun if a load of us are on together.

 

Also in regards to levels I think the password system does at least scale down the higher level summon to the lower level though things like Vitality don't reduce and obviously a high level mage would still have their spells and stuff so I think a good range for fighters is at least 100-120 to match with higher up. 

 

The main thing is I am happy to go with anything! Though I'm not keen on the use of mics, I probably won't have one so I'll just be gesturing away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is one rule I would like implemented if possible - No Tears of Denial, we're all friends and that spell is shite in an honour duel.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair @dood, I'm pretty rubbish.

 

I'm not sure when I'll be available as I work odd shift patterns but I do get 4 days off at a time so that should be doable.

 

I'll try and get a new character levelled up pretty quick. 

How can I pass items across to another character like I think @Minion did?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MrHendo said:

To be fair @dood, I'm pretty rubbish.

 

I'm not sure when I'll be available as I work odd shift patterns but I do get 4 days off at a time so that should be doable.

 

I'll try and get a new character levelled up pretty quick. 

How can I pass items across to another character like I think @Minion did?

 

You need a willing participant to help, I can if you want but I don't see any reason why you can't use your main toon as the password matching will mean you are scaled down anyway, I certainly don't mind fighting your character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MrHendo said:

So I send stuff to you then switch characters and then you send them back?

 

Yes but your new character can only pick up weapons that are the same level or lower than that characters current maximum upgraded weapon, so you can't just drop +10 weapons to a new character, also you can't drop upgrade materials. You can drop soul stacks (but not boss souls) and I have a ton I could drop to enable levelling up a character real fast but it might be more effort than necessary, like i say I'm happy to match with your main toon :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Minion said:

There is one rule I would like implemented if possible - No Tears of Denial, we're all friends and that spell is shite in an honour duel.

Agree! Not really in the spirit of dueling, really. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Anne Summers said:

Didn't even realise that spell existed ! Miracles/priest build is just about the only build I haven't really played with yet. 

Oooh Solaire is looking forward to saying hello, then! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Minion said:

 

. You can drop soul stacks (but not boss souls) and I have a ton I could drop to enable levelling up a character real fast but it might be more effort than necessary, like i say I'm happy to match with your main toon :)

That stack of embers you gave me? Sold three-quarters  for 75k and used it to get solaire up and running! :D

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So last call for ideas on the format, will post the finalised rules after midnight but so far it looks like we are going with:

 

Best of 3 arena duels

No level cap requirements

No Tears of Denial

 

Then I'll make another call for participants in here and the main thread and give everyone a week to sign up. Duels will then be assigned to take place during the following week. 

Also I think it would be great to all jump in for a fight club brawl on Wednesday as a warm-up for whoever's signed up so far.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ball bags. Realised last night that I need to get other characters to the end of the first dlc to get the arena! Shit.  Better get a shift on! :lol:

 

Is there another means to unlock it, ie via the Ringed City? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2017 at 13:05, Anne Summers said:

So last call for ideas on the format, will post the finalised rules after midnight but so far it looks like we are going with:

 

Best of 3 arena duels

No level cap requirements

No Tears of Denial

 

Then I'll make another call for participants in here and the main thread and give everyone a week to sign up. Duels will then be assigned to take place during the following week. 

Also I think it would be great to all jump in for a fight club brawl on Wednesday as a warm-up for whoever's signed up so far.

 

Definitely up for a fight club brawl and thanks again for arranging this!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think as we are just doing 1v1 duels we should set to random, if that option is available in the arena (can't remember) or if not, it should be agreed upon by both combatants prior to each match (I think you need to do this anyway, in order to find each other in a password protected matchmake, right?)

 

Ok will pimp this one more time in the main thread and see if anyone else signs up before Sunday, otherwise I guess it is just us four. Nice round number!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok guys well it looks like it's just the four of us which by happy coincidence is the minimum we need for a tournament!

 

So, as there's only four of us I dispense with any need for any sort of level-matching and declare that the following matches will make up round 1 - to be followed by a final and runner's up match to determine an overall ranking:

 

(Picked randomly by scrolling this thread and scrolling with my eyes closed and matching up whoever I stop scrolling on ...)

 

@Anne Summers v @dood

@Minionv @MrHendo

 

Please arrange matches at convenient times between yourself and report back here with the results. 

If it's possible to share videos of the fights that would make this much more fun, I think!

 

Remember, Arena matches, Duel mode, best of 3, no Tears of Denial. 

 

@dood you can only do Wednesdays right? This Wednesday evening is fine with me, pick a time (later is better, can do up to midnight) and let me know!

 

Hopefully if we have some fun with this it will encourage more people to join in later. 

May the best ashen one win. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MrHendo let me know when is best for you, evenings between 8 and 10pm are best for me or between 5 and 6:30, if these tiems are not conveniant let me know what is and we'll see what we can do :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@dood 7.30pm should be fine with me - I will be online with password set to muktourney (just in case anyone else is using the rllmuk one). 

I think we just need to launch Arena from the bonfire, put the passwords in and let the dark magic of the internet do its thing right? It should just match us together? (Never actually tried to coordinate an arena match before). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Anne Summers said:

@dood 7.30pm should be fine with me - I will be online with password set to muktourney (just in case anyone else is using the rllmuk one). 

I think we just need to launch Arena from the bonfire, put the passwords in and let the dark magic of the internet do its thing right? It should just match us together? (Never actually tried to coordinate an arena match before). 

Yep that's pretty much it! What's your PSN so I can message you if needed? :) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.