rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
skittles

Joshua v Klitschko

6 hours ago, gooner4life said:

Sky offer online PPV streaming now @Hellcock but i'd guess at it being geo-blocked, so you'd need a VPN and a UK card/Address to pay.

Oh yeah? I'm assuming i don't need a Sky account to access. I have a decent VPN but no UK credit card.. Hmm. Let's try this.

Do we know roughly what time the fight will be on? I haven't even looked at the undercard.

4 hours ago, Nayson said:

Ring walks begin at 9:45pm uk time. I'd imagine the first bell will be at 10pm uk time. 

Great time I hope it stays that way.

• Upvote 1

What happened to the rest of the posts? 

Anyway i think AJ will win by the 5th round, I expect a slower start than normal from Joshua while he looks to see what WK's jab is all about, but fully expect his speed and power to be far too much and for Wlad to be down a couple of times before the ref stops it.

Most of the pundits and pros think Joshua won't win. I don't think he will but I hope he does and I hope after this one, we'll see a Joshua vs Wilder fight. Joshua will probably be a bag of nerves.

Promoter Eddie Hearn told BBC Radio 5 live: "There is a chance in this fight Joshua could be completely out of his depth. And there is a chance he goes out there and is the fighter we believe he is and he dismantles Klitschko.

"I love Klitschko because he's a competitor. To tame the young lion would probably be the greatest night of his career.

"If Joshua wins he becomes the biggest star in British sport and in the world of boxing."

Not really what you want to hear publically. As much as I dislike Eddie Hearn (mainly as he allowed that farce between Bellew and Haye to get way out of hand), he's probably right.

If Joshua goes in with a high tempo, he'll probably win but he does have a tendency to get hit quite easily and Klitschko will sit behind his jab and also won't care if he wins on points; the onus is on Joshua to knock his opponent out (he's on home soil in a big stadium with massive home support) and that doesn't happen very often with Klitschko. It last happened in 2004 when Joshua was still at school.

I think it'll be a points decision for Klitschko but I want Joshua to win.

• Upvote 1

AJ should win.  As a 27 year old superstar representing a big market boxing in his home town (well, 20 minutes on the tube from his home town) up against a 41 year old who is probably going to retire soon then he's going to have friendly judges and will get the benefit of any doubt if it's tight. Wlad needs to win big to get the decision and I'm not sure he's capable any more.

It's probably going to be quite dull too, Wlad is chinny so he stays behind the jab all night. Tyson Fury was bigger than Wlad and had the reach on him so the usual tactics didn't work. I think AJ is susceptible to those tactics but will be well aware that if he stays on his toes and doesn't gas then he's getting the decision. 

Wlad doesn't throw enough punches these days to win a decision against somebody like Joshua anyway. I expect a dull fight, too. I'm hoping Joshua really makes him pay for the 11 years of heavyweight hell Klitschko made us all endure. 

• Upvote 2

Being broadcast on one of the local cable channels. Unfortunately I don't subscribe. 0100-0630 is a rough watch.

Joshua on points but I worry about his gas tank and experience in the later rounds. Klitchko KO 9+ could be a great hedge. Maybe he lights him up.

Looking at Joshua's record and worry he just hasn't been in enough rounds, or deep enough water, to be canny enough for Klitschko, which gives Wladimir an opening.

Think AJ needs to be controlled as possible, which might be the hard part in a packed Wembley. He's a bright kid, hope he is able to make the step up and deliver on the biggest night of his career.

Joshua is clearly talented enough to win, i just wonder if its a bit too soon and too big a jump in class compared to his previous fights/opponents. As @glb says if he can keep calm and settle in a few rounds and not get jabbed to death early on, i can see him winning but the longer it lasts id favour Kiltschko.

This should be a walk in the park for Joshua. I mean, Klitschko lost to Tyson Fury. The only person in boxing I've ever seen punch themselves in the face in a professional fight. 

• Upvote 2

Hoping Joshua sends a message tonight and smashes him out of there. I'm enjoying the AJ hype and I'm really interested in seeing how far this guy can go and if he can clean up the entire division.

2 hours ago, tbb said:

Am I going to be able to get this on Kodi? I've heard that Sports streaming has been blocked recently?

AFAIK, that was just football due to specific action by the FA and Premier League. Unless it's spread further since.

Wladimir Klitschko has recorded his prediction of Saturday's fight against Anthony Joshua on a USB stick which will be sewn into his robe. 

Klitschko will wear the robe to the ring and then auction it off after the fight to raise money for his charity foundation.

Only then will the successful bidder be able to watch the video to see if the veteran fighter's prediction for his Wembley contest with Joshua was accurate.

(Source: Sky Sports)

The video has leaked and can be seen here: https://youtu.be/9CIDDKTv5ro

• Downvote 5

6 hours ago, tbb said:

Am I going to be able to get this on Kodi? I've heard that Sports streaming has been blocked recently?

I've got one with foreign commentary - is it against forum rules to divulge?

5 minutes ago, g wings said:

This better be good. I'm about to break my own rule and pay £20 odd for this on box office. 

I did this in the end as I had 4 people coming around to watch it.

Then they ALL bailed out.

2 minutes ago, smithstock said:

I've got one with foreign commentary - is it against forum rules to divulge?

I'm sure someone will PM you if they need it :)

Just now, tbb said:

I did this in the end as I had 4 people coming around to watch it.

Then they ALL bailed out.

Lol. I'm home alone watching it too. Wife is away, kids are tucked up in bed. I'm having a few beers and a cheeky livener or two to get me in the mood.